Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Clanker has been enslaved by LOG. He is the true villain of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Man, the sheer nostalgia from this episode. The music! The set pieces! The wonders of icecube resurrection!
Heh, "Humba Squirter". Stay classy, Rare.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
drat, I forgot about the LOG Pusher challenge. The game's handling can get terrible at times, and that mission highlighted some of the worst aspects of it. And of course, the scarf has no guardrails, so if George falls off, welp!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Yeah, I think I can understand being of two minds about Banjoland. On the one hand: look at all these neat things from those two games you really liked! Listen to this great music! Doesn't it hit you right in your nostalgia bits?

Then it hits you: bet you wish you were playing a real sequel to this game and not the game you're currently playing, don'cha? :haw: I can just feel the mix of regret and seething rage.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah, I think I can understand being of two minds about Banjoland. On the one hand: look at all these neat things from those two games you really liked! Listen to this great music! Doesn't it hit you right in your nostalgia bits?

Then it hits you: bet you wish you were playing a real sequel to this game and not the game you're currently playing, don'cha? :haw: I can just feel the mix of regret and seething rage.

Why couldnt you just let me have this one thing? This one shining beacon in the ocean of pitch black disappointment that is Nuts and Bolts. Why?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah, Banjoland was where I stopped playing this game. I just couldn't stand being punched right in the nostalgia like that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

I did not expect a Diddy Kong Racing reference in the Grunty mission dialogue. Kinda should've expected it sooner or later though, really.
Nuts & Bolts reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing from time to time. When I first saw "T.T." I thought of the clock guy from DKR. The problem is that DKR was a much better game than Nuts & Bolts, which is a game that screams "wasted potential" at every corner.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 3, 2015

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Our favourite game starring everyone's favourite green soldier.
Hello all! unfortunately there will be no update this week due to some unforeseen circumstances out of our hands that have caused us to be unable to have this weeks update ready in time. Our regular schedule will return to normal soon, I will keep you guys posted :)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You don't have to make excuses for AGDQ. :v:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:siren: IMPORTANT INFORMATION :siren:

Microsoft, the first step is admitting you made a mistake.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, it's gonna be great, just like Killer Instinct.

Oh wait, Killer Instinct is crap.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'll believe it when I see it. Companies can "plan" for a lot of things. Hell, Ubisoft is still planning to release Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Y-Hat posted:

"I think the best message to give to your listeners is we love the old IP as much as you do. Please be patient because we can only build so much at a time."

They've made what, two games from familiar IP over the past decade now? How slow do they need to go? You bought Rare and then you didn't actually use anything that they're known for, except right at the beginning when you made a bunch of terrible garbage that didn't go with what people wanted to begin with.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Great Joe posted:

Yeah, it's gonna be great, just like Killer Instinct.

Oh wait, Killer Instinct is crap.

The difference here though is that Killer Instinct was ALWAYS crap.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Microsoft posted:

We know there's value. We have a lot of passion internally for each of the games. And we have surprises in store in the near and long future.

It's gonna be a Banjo-Kazooie-themed restaurant manager for the Kinect.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You realize it's just going to be a Banjo Kazooie skin-pack for Project Spark. Right?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

kalonZombie posted:

The difference here though is that Killer Instinct was ALWAYS crap.
Old Killer Instinct was awesome*, and so is the new Killer Instinct. gently caress all y'all. :colbert:

*it's mostly unplayable these days

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 14, 2015

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Y-Hat posted:

This doesn't have anything to do with Phantom Dust. What kind of bullshit is this?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

The saddest possibility here is that Rare makes a perfect sequel, a worthy successor to Banjo-Tooie...that ends up forever being an XBone exclusive. :shepface:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

The saddest possibility here is that Rare makes a perfect sequel, a worthy successor to Banjo-Tooie...that ends up forever being an XBone exclusive. :shepface:
This, except no physical copy and no marketing.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lizard Wizard posted:

Great Joe posted:

This, except no physical copy and no marketing.

And it needs a day 1 patch that's bigger than the original game download. :v:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

And it needs a day 1 patch that's bigger than the original game download. :v:

Also, stop and swap still doesn't work :shepicide:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

death .cab for qt posted:

Also, stop and swap still doesn't work :shepicide:

Even worse - the new game breaks stop and swap for the enhanced originals and N&B.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mehuyael posted:

Even worse - the new game breaks stop and swap for the enhanced originals and N&B.

It's already broken on the enhanced originals; in BT the Stop & Swap bonuses don't appear in the second and third save slots.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Conquer's Bad Fur Day Too (2) is a game about running a hair salon.

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Hello again! Unfortunately I must once again disappoint everybody as we have not been able to get the next update ready for today. However! circumstances are improving and we should be able to get Part 6 out by next Wednesday and hopefully resume our regular weekly schedule!

Thanks for being so patient! see you next week :)

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Dex01 posted:

Hello again! Unfortunately I must once again disappoint everybody as we have not been able to get the next update ready for today. However! circumstances are improving and we should be able to get Part 6 out by next Wednesday and hopefully resume our regular weekly schedule!

Thanks for being so patient! see you next week :)

We're occupying ourselves with doomsday scenarios here, so just get back to it before we all drink the fruit punch.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Banjo Kazooie for the horrible DLC based game-dev toy microsoft made.

Look out for the horrible fan games coming to your windows 8 or xbone near you! :v:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies HD remake.

Ghost Stromboli posted:

We're occupying ourselves with doomsday scenarios here, so just get back to it before we all drink the fruit punch.

There's going to be punch?

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010
In the midst of all the Banjoland nostalgia, did anyone else notice the reference to Diddy Kong Racing in Act 3 of the LOGBOX?

When discussing how Grunty will call off her plan to ruin the computer if they beat her in a race, Banjo expresses skepticism, mentioning "We'll see, I was in a similar situation a while back with a giant pig and a genie elephant."

Look man, say what you will about this game, but the dialogue is still of a rare quality.

TheOneTrueKing fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 15, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A try-hard Banjo sequel that just isn't any good would be just as bad as this game, I think.

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

TheOneTrueKing posted:

Look man, say what you will about this game, but the dialogue is still of a rare quality.

Oh man, you should hear some of the quotes by characters like Grunty and Kazooie. They knew everyone would hate this game because it wasn't an action platformer, and I recall a few Grunty rhymes in showdown town about how much the fans will hate it. Kazooie gets especially scathing during the ending and credits. And it all manages to keep that same wittiness and charm.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yeah, the character dialog is still as good as ever.

And let's be real about the bit of news I linked- even if Rare cranks out some reissues of its franchises, a lot of the people that made these games memorable are out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

TheOneTrueKing posted:

In the midst of all the Banjoland nostalgia, did anyone else notice the reference to Diddy Kong Racing in Act 3 of the LOGBOX?

When discussing how Grunty will call off her plan to ruin the computer if they beat her in a race, Banjo expresses skepticism, mentioning "We'll see, I was in a similar situation a while back with a giant pig and a genie elephant."

Why do I always forget there were games before Banjo-Kazooie?

Dex01
Apr 9, 2012

Update!

Kicking things off again with Logobox Act 4 and Banjoland Act 2! Sorry for the wait and the radio silence and thanks for being patient!

Unfortunately Vile is still unavailable to record and possibly won't be for a little while so in the meantime I'm gonna get some guests in, This week we're joined by JordanKai!

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Part 6: Logbox 720 Act 4 & Banjoland Act 2 [YouTube]/[Polsy]

Updates should now continue on the regular weekly schedule :)

Dex01 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 30, 2015

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
This a little off-topic but are either you or vile in the Hat in Time early access? I read about it being a love letter to games like the first two Banjo games and thought of you two, suffering through this...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

e;nothing

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 31, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The cushion part of the hovercraft is called the skirt.

Mumbo & Humba were only married for Nutty Acres while LOG and Pikelet are new as well.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 31, 2015

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
On the subject of vehicle suggestions, looking at this reminds me of the dumb Gummi Ship thing from KH. Which begs the question: can you make a vehicle that is basically just a bunch of guns strapped to a pilot seat and jets/wheels? Like literally nothing but the base components needed to make it function and a billion guns/thrusters. I doubt we'll get Robocraft levels of hilarious gunchair action, but it's just something I thought might be amusing.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well since you felt that banjoland gave more to kazooie than tooie, you should make a car shaped like a giant egg that specializes in egg guns in honor of tooie's egg focus.

• Locked thread