Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Robnoxious posted:

I adore Grace Helbig.

:allears: Who doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Went to the Archer cast taping episode. Man allmighty, there's two runs of jokes that I really hope make it to broadcast. I'll spoilertag 'em, just in case.

One is a riff on "The red tree squirrel" and other involved "Pussy Butter." Both will probably be cut, but maybe they'll do an uncut take online

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Went to the Archer cast taping episode. Man allmighty, there's two runs of jokes that I really hope make it to broadcast. I'll spoilertag 'em, just in case.

One is a riff on "The red tree squirrel" and other involved "Pussy Butter." Both will probably be cut, but maybe they'll do an uncut take online

Since it will be the Thursday show, yes it will be an uncut version.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm already loving this.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Greer was struggling at first, but drat that Fieri run.

Also "American Apparel Summer Catalog".

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012
Just watched the online extended edition ; holy poo poo Aisha Tyler was on fire. The Greer and Parnell were also very good ; would love to see some other deleted bits from other 'weekday' guests.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Everything Parnell said was made just that much better by imagining that it was Dr. Spaceman.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Chris' tribute to SkyMall song hahahahaha

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That was awesome.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
John Roy looks like a Langolier.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I laughed entirely too hard at Nikki Glaser's response to that water review question :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Honestly, who were the fuckwits that he mentioned on Tuesday who complained about him singing? I know some folks think he sings too much, but gently caress it, he's got a good voice and it's usually funny enough to justify it.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Majorian posted:

Honestly, who were the fuckwits that he mentioned on Tuesday who complained about him singing? I know some folks think he sings too much, but gently caress it, he's got a good voice and it's usually funny enough to justify it.

I did not care for it, I thought it went way too long. If it was like half the time I would have no problem with it.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
He's had a string of "this is going on far longer than it needs to" moments in recent weeks. That long angry free-the-nipple rant (which he was right about, but it took forever and seemed like a moment meant to go viral but it never did), his mom doing the sports recap, and now the singing. None of these things were bad or unfunny on their own, but when you're already having to edit down a lot of responses from some really funny people, it becomes a bit more obnoxious and comes off as a bit egocentric.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

He's also trying to sell tickets to his standup events and other things, so it benefits him to show that he's not just a limpdick host who relies on other people to be funny.

I mean, whether you find him funny or not is besides the point - some people do. And there's nothing at stake, this isn't a real gameshow. Of course he wants to perform.

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
It seems like since the show got retitled "@Midnight with Chris Hardwick" (according to my DVR & the credits) at the start of the year, his top of the show monologue/whatever has gotten significantly longer on most nights.

I don't necessarily mind it, but ultimately he's taking from the contestants, & they're who I watch the show for.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

bigE posted:

It seems like since the show got retitled "@Midnight with Chris Hardwick" (according to my DVR & the credits) at the start of the year, his top of the show monologue/whatever has gotten significantly longer on most nights.

I don't necessarily mind it, but ultimately he's taking from the contestants, & they're who I watch the show for.

This is how I feel about it: I don't mind it, but not really the main reason I tuned in. I wouldn't mind the show running longer, though, so we get enough of both ranty Hardwick and competing contestants.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

bigE posted:

What bothers me beyond this is also him always pitching his podcast and twitter at the end of every show. I feel like on his podium they should just put his twitter handle up there and let it be

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PassTheRemote posted:

I did not care for it, I thought it went way too long. If it was like half the time I would have no problem with it.

I do agree that it went on too long, but it didn't bother me too much. All in all, I think I'm a little bit perplexed at how many nerds just hate people singing in movies and on TV when I love it (if it's done well).

e: It reminds me of when the "Les Miserables" movie came out, and I heard people saying, "Ugh, I didn't like it - too much singing." I wanted to ask them, "What exactly did you think you were getting into, then? It's 'Les Miz.' There's a lot of singing. That's the point." It's the same thing with Chris Hardwick; he sings a lot in his comedy, and that's just part of his brand.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 1, 2015

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Bob Ducca, El Chupacabra and Bill Cosby-Bukowski. Tonight's fuckin' packed.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I know, although I'm disappointed that we haven't seen Bob Ducca make an in-character appearance.

Also, Nationwide boy couldn't grow up...because of Hot Tub Foot.

e: Annoyed that Seth Morris goes out first, but Jon Daly is tearing it UP tonight. Also Morris' exit was perfect.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
'Spin Class'!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That was a great episode.

Also: everyone should watch What We Do in the Shadows. It's really funny!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
:neckbeard: EMO PHILLIPS HOLY THIS IT'S EMO PHILLIPS AND IT JUST BECAME A UHF REUNION :neckbeard:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is what happens when you show up and aren't a contestant, Weird Al

You get played off

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't seen Emo Phillips in ages, this is a treat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just making room for more delicious Arbys in the bathroom

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I haven't seen Emo Phillips in ages, this is a treat.

Last time I recall seeing Emo Philips in anything was in UHF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toNsPh-pxgc

Which, coincidentally, also starred WEIRD AL.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I know they could probably never get him on but I was really hoping for a Kanye appearance there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

Last time I recall seeing Emo Philips in anything was in UHF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toNsPh-pxgc

Which, coincidentally, also starred WEIRD AL.
Recently he was a guest character on Adventure Time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JfM62_zBI

... which also has a character voiced by Weird Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1gWyKmeQ_A

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Recently he was a guest character on Adventure Time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JfM62_zBI

Oh THAT'S where I recognized his voice from! Thanks Steve Yun

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope in tomorrow's show, as Chris is getting ready to give yet another rant about Kanye, someone leans over and whispers 'hey dude everyone has figured out that was a super obvious joke by now maybe stop going for the lowest hanging fruit of 'get a bunch of nerds to clap by not liking a popular thing'.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah, I've gotten really annoyed a few times now because he uses airtime to go off on a long opening schtick like that nipple rant and I keep thinking he's robbing airtime from the three guest comedians from telling better jokes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Honestly I liked some of his rants, him calling out people going 'ew gross' at Cyrus' video at the start was great, it's just the literal easiest thing to get a reaction from a nerd crowd to go 'hey...popular thing...I don't like it...' especially when it involves you not understanding a super basic joke. Like, Beck grins and waves him up and he does a super dramatic 'let me think about it, nah' thing after, that's like, straight up cartoon levels of blocking a joke.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Honestly I liked some of his rants, him calling out people going 'ew gross' at Cyrus' video at the start was great, it's just the literal easiest thing to get a reaction from a nerd crowd to go 'hey...popular thing...I don't like it...' especially when it involves you not understanding a super basic joke. Like, Beck grins and waves him up and he does a super dramatic 'let me think about it, nah' thing after, that's like, straight up cartoon levels of blocking a joke.

I'm just checking here, you do know that it's not just about that moment and Kanye went off backstage on an apparently dead serious rant about Beyonce losing, right?

(I say "apparently" because there might be something I'm missing here.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He said he didn't like the result and basically did the normal 'respect artistry' poo poo everyone who's favorite artist doesn't win does but it feels like people are attributing a lot of emotions to it that weren't there other than 'he did a dumb little thing and he talked poo poo backstage like nearly everyone does'. I guess what I'm saying is he was being dumb but if it was literally anyone but Kanye West doing it most people would meet it with 'yea ok dumb joke and a dumb bit of poo poo talking' instead of BREAKING KANYE WEST MELTS DOWN BOY WE ALL ARE MAD AT KANYE WEST AREN'T WE and for a dude who constantly makes fun of that kind of bullshit gossip rag culture Chris doing it when it gets easy cheers from the crowd is really lame.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Kanye's got a history of this sort of thing, basically throwing a tantrum whenever something doesn't go his way, which is why it makes for easy news and comedy bait. That said, it is indeed easy bait and Chris works best as the host of things, not the guy doing a monologue before the featured comedians get introduced.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I've realized that between southern american Walking Dead and overly British Supernatural I have no idea what Lauren Cohan actually sounds like. She sounded much less British on the latest @midnight than I normally hear her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

I've realized that between southern american Walking Dead and overly British Supernatural I have no idea what Lauren Cohan actually sounds like. She sounded much less British on the latest @midnight than I normally hear her.

She's an American who moved to England when she was 13 so her accent is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kirkman's highly-specific spoilers--and the reactions to them--were hilarious.

• Locked thread