Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jesus Christ the comics=wrestling thing happens here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Jesus Christ the comics=wrestling thing happens here too

Welcome to BSS :getin:

I don't get the references either

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472q2jI7lgw

Sneak peek of Batman Vs Robin

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ha, they use panels of Tim Drake in there!

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Man they really want you to get excited about a grown man fighting a child.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

People love that version but I don't see it. Scarecrow should be scrawny to me. That just looks like the Undertaker.
Non-coincidentally, I also liked Ezekiel Rage from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I mean, Batman's rogue gallery are defined by being mentally ill people, so switching them up with wrestlers seems appropriate. Iron Sheik would be an excellent Joker.

Apparently Scarecrow is not mentally ill. In the Arkham game series during one of the patient interview tapes his psychiatrist. After first talking with him for a while he starts to think that he is not actually Insane. Then by the next tape he straight up says " I believe he is quite sane. Just evil."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently Scarecrow is not mentally ill. In the Arkham game series during one of the patient interview tapes his psychiatrist. After first talking with him for a while he starts to think that he is not actually Insane. Then by the next tape he straight up says " I believe he is quite sane. Just evil."

So Scarecrow is Vince McMahon.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Throne of Atlantis was okay. It was a step up on War (in that it actually had a story), but it's still needlessly violent and has awful, awful character designs. Everyone has enormous loving traps and huge necks, meaning their heads start about a foot above their shoulders.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Throne of Atlantis was okay. It was a step up on War (in that it actually had a story), but it's still needlessly violent and has awful, awful character designs. Everyone has enormous loving traps and huge necks, meaning their heads start about a foot above their shoulders.
Ahahaha, we watched this last night and the traps specifically came up as a point of mockery. Also the needless profanity drop from Black Manta to satisfy their "adult" quota.

I also thought it was hilarious that George Newbern, Khary Payton, and Kevin Conroy were all in the movie, but not playing their respective characters.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Hazo posted:

Ahahaha, we watched this last night and the traps specifically came up as a point of mockery. Also the needless profanity drop from Black Manta to satisfy their "adult" quota.
Yeah, I groaned at that point.

E: Also they summoned a tidal wave for no reason, and decided to attack on land instead.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 29, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hazo posted:

I also thought it was hilarious that George Newbern, Khary Payton, and Kevin Conroy were all in the movie, but not playing their respective characters.

Who did Kevin Conroy play?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

He was an Atlantean guard or something. I can't find it on imdb but it was definitely in the closing credits.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress :psyduck:

http://www.newsarama.com/23384-dc-super-friends-return-with-batman-unlimited-in-animated-films-shorts.html

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I sure miss Brave and the Bold.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

E: Also they summoned a tidal wave for no reason, and decided to attack on land instead.

Was that in the actual story?

Maybe it was just a power move, like Venture Brother's The Monarch makes, "No, No Black Manta. We have to show them that we mean Gigantic Tidal Wave Business!"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

PicklePants posted:

Maybe it was just a power move, like Venture Brother's The Monarch makes, "No, No Black Manta. We have to show them that we mean Gigantic Tidal Wave Business!"

Yeah, it's exactly that dumb.

The Atlanteans summon a tsunami, let it almost hit Metropolis and then stop it so they can walk out onto the streets and fire lasers at people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who is that guy with the staff supposed to be?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
That's Tim Drake as Red Robin. He got himself a superhero sponsorship.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Who is that guy with the staff supposed to be?
Tim Drake?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PicklePants posted:

As an American Gladiator?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PicklePants posted:

I thought maybe he was Genericman. The superhero with the ability to be completely generic!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Weird, they've been selling toys based on those designs for years. I'm shocked it took them this long to make it into an actual show.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

those designs are horrific.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

hiddenriverninja posted:

All those chin guard things just remind me of the 90s, and not in the good way.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PicklePants posted:

Namor knows how to do it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hiddenriverninja posted:

It looks like Neal Adams and Jim Lee had an abortion.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bobkatt013 posted:

Namor knows how to do it

"Don't worry guys. I can see that the pilots parachuted to safety!"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's the same dude 4 times

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

And then the same dude with a beard.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I didn't find the artwork terrible in Throne of Atlantis. poo poo was way weirder looking in Flashpoint Paradox. Throne seemed to be along the lines of Young Justice, which is fine for a comic book cartoon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

omg chael crash posted:

Well, they're based off already existing action figures.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Two 22 minute shorts and 2 movies? Jesus DC/WB, I know you guys got burnt on Beware the Batman sucking or not hitting your target demo or whatever but just make a drat series already, don't do all this tiptoeing around the thing.

...but god yes those designs are bad.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

GA has a combination hood-robin hood hat-probably chi guard

:stare:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Well, they're based off already existing action figures.

I may have identified the flaw in their plan.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

Two 22 minute shorts and 2 movies?

You got that backwards, it's 22 shorts each two minutes in length.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so I did. Oh well, my point stands. It seems like they're just determined to do everything but make an actual standard length TV show and I don't understand why.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

TwoPair posted:

Ah, so I did. Oh well, my point stands. It seems like they're just determined to do everything but make an actual standard length TV show and I don't understand why.

I think for TV they're just going to focus on their live action shows because those are the current sweethearts to the public's eye.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

goldenoreos posted:

I think for TV they're just going to focus on their live action shows because those are the current sweethearts to the public's eye.
Which is a shame because it just takes a Constantine or something for people to say 'yeah, Arrow and Flash are good but stay the fuvk away from Titans or Gotham or...'

Meanwhile they could have had an Adventure Time/Steven Universe-like show with Amethyst and they killed that.

Or a Titans Go! Companion with SuperBestestBFFs (whatever that teen Wonder/Super/Bat-Girl short was called) and that died a horrible stillborn death.

Or continued Yj/GL.

Darkseid doesn't need the AntiLife equation. He can just hire the middle management from Warner Bros and make everything suck balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It starts to feel like the Antilife equation and Darksied are just a metaphor for the substantial "un-funning" of the DC universe and the editors in chief. Which would explain why he seems to get crammed in every where now. (or at least for a while, haven't really read that many new 52 books.)

• Locked thread