Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

theadder posted:

Is there a reason why my bookmark unread counts appear in different colours? I checked in OS X Safari and they're not marked differently there. They're always either blue or orange in the app and it seems to vary randomly.

Orange is bookmarks, blue are regular threads, so I'm guessing it's meant to differentiate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

Orange is bookmarks, blue are regular threads, so I'm guessing it's meant to differentiate them.

Bookmarked threads are whatever color you have the thread set to on the forums. By default that is orange. It used to be blue, which looked a lot better, but Lowtax changed it for who knows what reason a couple years ago.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Diabolik900 posted:

Bookmarked threads are whatever color you have the thread set to on the forums. By default that is orange. It used to be blue, which looked a lot better, but Lowtax changed it for who knows what reason a couple years ago.

:aaaaa:

Had no idea that was a feature.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Diabolik900 posted:

The image previewer seems pretty crashy in this beta. Hitting the Done or share buttons seems to consistently crash the app.

Confirmin did

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Also I can't see past the first page of book marks. The list doesn't extend.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Also I can't see past the first page of book marks. The list doesn't extend.

Try refreshing the page and then scrolling all the way down. For some reason that makes it start loading new pages.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Diabolik900 posted:

The image previewer seems pretty crashy in this beta. Hitting the Done or share buttons seems to consistently crash the app.

Fixed in the next beta, which I will submit for Beta App Review once I am again allowed to submit builds for Beta App Review!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Did you have that thing where iTunes Connect logged you into someone else's account? That was very special.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I had a lovely thing when I was working on a team with some people. The lead developer did not know that he would have to export and pass the group private key and certificate around to the other team members, so I had to bug him for that before I could do any test builds of my own.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Did you have that thing where iTunes Connect logged you into someone else's account? That was very special.

By the time I tried to log in I got the "is unavailable" message instead. And I don't see any evidence that someone else impersonated me, but who knows.

kode54 posted:

I had a lovely thing when I was working on a team with some people. The lead developer did not know that he would have to export and pass the group private key and certificate around to the other team members, so I had to bug him for that before I could do any test builds of my own.

This is kind of a pain, yeah. Part of me wants to use Travis-CI to prep builds of Awful but I'm not real comfortable uploading my private key.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

By the time I tried to log in I got the "is unavailable" message instead. And I don't see any evidence that someone else impersonated me, but who knows.

It's a thing that happened. Some people were paged. Excitement.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I can't figure out the exact steps to reproduce this yet, but after browsing a subforum, my bookmarks ended up with two copies of every thread I have bookmarked from that particular subforum.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Ugh. Sounds like a treat to track down. Do shout if you learn more.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

pokeyman posted:

Fixed in the next beta, which I will submit for Beta App Review once I am again allowed to submit builds for Beta App Review!

Wait what's the time between updates you're allowed to push?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xilni posted:

Wait what's the time between updates you're allowed to push?

Maximum two within 24 hours.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

pokeyman posted:

Maximum two within 24 hours.

And since I just got the push notification let's roll the dice to see whether codesign strikes again.

EDIT: So far so good

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Possibly dumb question ahead.

So if I'm scrolling through a thread and click on an embedded YouTube link, it will open. If I then turn the phone to landscape to view it, the screen stops playing the video and brings the sidebar in. If I then re-click the link, the video (usually, but not always) plays in landscape. I have "Hide Sidebar In Landscape" enabled in the settings.

What can I do to simply watch the video in landscape the first time?

I'm on a 6 Plus with the latest firmware, not on the beta app.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Unrelated to Awful really, but where is the copy link function with embedded youtube clips? Anytime someone embeds one and I want to send it to someone on iMessage I have to quote their post, get the video ID, and rewrite the URL.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

The Dave posted:

Unrelated to Awful really, but where is the copy link function with embedded youtube clips? Anytime someone embeds one and I want to send it to someone on iMessage I have to quote their post, get the video ID, and rewrite the URL.

I always wind up tapping the title to open it in youtube then copying the link from the share function there. A simpler way would be nice though.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's still a huge help, didn't know how to get it in the YouTube app.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Possibly dumb question ahead.

So if I'm scrolling through a thread and click on an embedded YouTube link, it will open. If I then turn the phone to landscape to view it, the screen stops playing the video and brings the sidebar in. If I then re-click the link, the video (usually, but not always) plays in landscape. I have "Hide Sidebar In Landscape" enabled in the settings.

What can I do to simply watch the video in landscape the first time?

I'm on a 6 Plus with the latest firmware, not on the beta app.

I don't really have an answer for you, but it's not a dumb question and I don't think you're the first to mention an issue with YouTube embeds. I'll take a look.

The Dave posted:

I can add that to the long-press menu on embedded videos.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Image viewer still crashing when I hit done.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

Oh yep, I see the crash log!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

If you're in a thread and hit the back button + reply at the same time it breaks. Sometimes it brings up the post screen which cancel does nothing to, sometimes cancel brings you back to a greyed out Bookmarks.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Bum the Sad posted:

How consistent is this happening? I can only get it to happen sometimes, and never with a debugger attached.

Baram posted:

If you're in a thread and hit the back button + reply at the same time it breaks. Sometimes it brings up the post screen which cancel does nothing to, sometimes cancel brings you back to a greyed out Bookmarks.

Not looking forward to fixing this but good to know! I'll see what I can do.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

pokeyman posted:

How consistent is this happening? I can only get it to happen sometimes, and never with a debugger attached.

I was browsing an image heavy thread last night and it was crashing every few minutes consistently. Also I just managed to get the double bookmark thing but I'm not sure how.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

I was browsing an image heavy thread last night and it was crashing every few minutes consistently.

Could you sometimes exit the image viewer successfully, or did it crash every time you tapped Done?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Could you sometimes exit the image viewer successfully, or did it crash every time you tapped Done?

It was interesting actually - I could exit just fine but it'd either crash during the viewer or randomly while scrolling the thread. Seems like it isn't handling the images themselves well since it wasn't restricted to the image viewer at all, though I do think the crashes didn't start until I brought one up in the viewer in case that's helpful. After that it would crash regularly until I left the thread.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

It was interesting actually - I could exit just fine but it'd either crash during the viewer or randomly while scrolling the thread. Seems like it isn't handling the images themselves well since it wasn't restricted to the image viewer at all, though I do think the crashes didn't start until I brought one up in the viewer in case that's helpful. After that it would crash regularly until I left the thread.

Oh ok. To me that sounds more like crashing from excessive memory use, rather than the crap I'm trying to track down.

But keep the reports coming, we'll figure it out.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

pokeyman posted:

Every single time on my 6+. And the odd part is after it crashes and I reload the app it brings me to the previous thread I viewed instead of the one it crashed on.

Edit: I wasn't on 30212 apparently trying again

Edit: still crashing

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 2, 2015

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Alright now I'm officially getting the image viewer crash. It crashes out when I tap done. Sometimes I'll see it close for a brief second before the crash. After I reopen its on the thread I was reading prior to opening the thread with the image.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 2, 2015

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Image heavy threads are still very iffy for me too; still images are obviously better than animated ones, very much so, but a post with, say five or so fairly heavy gifs can lock Awful completely. I know gifs are generally bastards anyway and I may have brought this up before but is it at all feasible to have a thing where you only see, say, the first frame of a gif and can then make it load and animate/stop on command by tapping it or something?

nignog.wav
Sep 25, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Running great on My New iPhone 6 by Apple Corporation , great job developer(s).

:horse:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

nignog.wav posted:

Running great on My New iPhone 6 by Apple Corporation , great job developer(s).

:horse:

You in the beta?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I just had Awful pop up as a shortcut in the lower left corner of my lock screen; as far as I'm aware that's supposed to be for the thing where it tries to pop up the appropriate app for where you're at, so since when is Awful doing that?

Or am I completely misinformed?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mo0 posted:

I just had Awful pop up as a shortcut in the lower left corner of my lock screen; as far as I'm aware that's supposed to be for the thing where it tries to pop up the appropriate app for where you're at, so since when is Awful doing that?

That should be the handoff icon. But I've never seen the Awful app icon show up on the lock screen.. it always does it in Safari for me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Mo0 posted:

Handoff's been in there for a little while now. How's it working?

xzzy posted:

That should be the handoff icon. But I've never seen the Awful app icon show up on the lock screen.. it always does it in Safari for me.

Maybe if you have multiple iOS devices?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm light of the latest beta "what to test":

Youre doing an excellent job and we all love you. Also the image viewer was able to open and close without crashing!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

pokeyman posted:

What???! How did I not see that before. Thanks for the seamless browsing experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

pokeyman posted:

It worked perfectly, since now that you mention it, I think it did pull up the last thing I had been reading on my iPad. I'll have to pay closer attention to see if it's doing that more often. I've not noticed it before.

• Locked thread