Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Quality "wasted" candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

First Tube posted:

Odd. I lived in Maine and it was the opposite for me. I knew plenty of people who had a set of winter tires, including myself.

Related content:

If only he flashed his lights and immediately pulled the guy over after getting unstuck.

Pyro Fox
Aug 22, 2013

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

jamal posted:

Not even close. Pretty much any winter specific tire is going to work better on snow or ice than a summer tire. Summer tires, which as you said don't have a compound meant for cold, also don't have the siping and tread block design that creates traction on ice (without studs). I have a pretty decent set of high performance summer tires (hankook v12 evo), and they have zero grip in the winter- dry, snow, ice, whatever. Makes my Subaru completely undriveable. I jabbed on the brakes when it was around freezing on dry pavement and they just locked up immediately. I also tried driving up a slight incline in the snow to get off the street for plows and barely made it. In contrast, the set of used low end snow tires I have will go pretty much anywhere.

A decent modern all-season tire on the other hand is a decent compromise and will work mostly fine on snow and ice. Probably better than snow tires from 10-15 years ago.

Anyhow, here's a gif

That domain name is amazing. :xd:

I pasted it blindly into a chat with my co-workers and I didn't realize anything was wrong until someone chimed in saying "Yeah, I'm not clicking that..."

http://horsecocks.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ibhlmOEfT8inGh1.gif

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

As a Canadian person from Canada, there certainly are people here who don't use winter tires ("All-seasons are good enough!" :downs: ), however they are always the people that need help digging out their car when it dumps 8 inches of snow overnight, and who have that occasion once every 2 years where they drive a loaner because they destroyed their bumper/door/axle from sliding into poo poo.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

First Tube posted:

Odd. I lived in Maine and it was the opposite for me. I knew plenty of people who had a set of winter tires, including myself.

Related content:

Hahahahahahahaha, holy poo poo. That's my street. That's, like, a block and a half west of me. Weird.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Looks like something straight out of hot shots.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

TontoCorazon posted:

Looks like something straight out of hot shots.

Yeah, crazy to think he's really like that IRL.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug

What exactly am I looking at here. Is he just holding handlebars the whole time, or do they come off from the crash?

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Polymetric posted:

What exactly am I looking at here. Is he just holding handlebars the whole time, or do they come off from the crash?

Im pretty sure that's the top of the dudes helmet

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5VSi7YNr4Y

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Polymetric posted:

Someone in a car running a red light.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aaaand I instantly heard the music in my mind. Goddamn that song has good penetration.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Polymetric posted:

The camera is on the top of the rider's helmet, the golf runs a red light and hits the rider. Looks like he does a full spin coming off the bike but lands upright. I think, lucky guy in any case.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

thespaceinvader posted:

Aaaand I instantly heard the music in my mind. Goddamn that song has good penetration.

Haha, I didn't get it the first time. When I scrolled down, the image came into view a little at a time, and all I saw were hands moving. I left the page and came back right at beginning of the gif, and BAM.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Not sure what bugs me most, that people think that one should be able to deduct the song or the fact that I actually got the song after a minute.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

thespaceinvader posted:

I feel like you're trying to say something about Freddie Mercury here...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thump! posted:

I feel like you're trying to say something about Freddie Mercury here...

Not getting it, gonna need some aid here.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Bad Munki posted:

Not getting it, gonna need some aid here.

I was going to be a jerk and explain the joke, but it looks like you got it after all.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

EXAKT Science posted:

looks like you got it
Are you positive?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Bad Munki posted:

Are you positive?

It just keeps on coming

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

EXAKT Science posted:

It just keeps on coming

Well, don't stop him.

Don't stop him.

Don't stop him.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Well, don't stop him.

Don't stop him.

Don't stop him.

The show must go on

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

Are you positive?

Who wants to live forever?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vultan's theme (attack of the hawk men).

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Bohemian Rhapsody

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Rincewinds posted:

Not sure what bugs me most, that people think that one should be able to deduct the song or the fact that I actually got the song after a minute.

Deduct the song from what? Your songfund?

advanced healing
Jan 10, 2009

A common conflict.

advanced healing has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Nov 27, 2015

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well I, umm...that was not what I expected.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

This is pretty clever.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Wow, that is pretty great. I wonder how much time went into it, and what it cost. The production values are outstanding, and eighteen minutes is a long run time. Not to mention, there's a part one.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Wow, that is pretty great. I wonder how much time went into it, and what it cost. The production values are outstanding, and eighteen minutes is a long run time. Not to mention, there's a part one.

I was like, "no way I'm staying for 18 minutes" and then I had watched it three times.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just watched Lensman last year and those logos are ingrained in my memory now.