Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Your AL Cy Young ballot, presently:

Sean Priest (legit ace)
Bud McDonald (legit ace)
Cody Roosevelt (legit ace)
Ismael Barrios (legit ace)
Moose Sellers (legit ace)

Your NL Cy Young ballot, presently:

Chick Wehner (arguably the best pitcher in Dimaggio)
Lewis Stammen (ERA above 5 two of the last four seasons)
Matt Cambridge (career 4.37 ERA)
Orlando Mercedes (solid 2/3, career 3.93 ERA)
Jerrod Riley (JERROD RILEY??? )

Real talk, I didn't want to trade Riley because I felt he had some potential, but assbutt convinced me he wasn't worth it. and gently caress Ismael Barrios, he should be on my team.

In other news: this is the year of Hartford. You can't stop it. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

EvilBeard posted:

In other news: this is the year of Hartford. You can't stop it. :smugdog:

But would this be the year of Hartford without Alcides DeRojas?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

But would this be the year of Hartford without Alcides DeRojas?

I dunno. Abernathy has hit well, but his RBIs are down because guys like Slim Norton, Salvador Martin, and DeRojas have been driving them in better than last season. DeRojas has had a great season though.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Yo quaker where's our Chip Steele injury update?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

AlleyViper posted:

Yo quaker where's our Chip Steele injury update?

:(

Chip Steele injured, out up to 3 weeks RE: C.Steele

Here's the latest on the injury Chip Steele at the ML level suffered [Forearm, cramp/strained]. He's gonna be out around 9 HBD days and should probably be placed on the 15-Day DL. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

#ChipStrong

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Everyone knocks my hitters' accomplishments because of Coors, but both Macbeth Kennedy and Derojas kept on hitting after their trades. Granted, Hartford is a bandbox too, but still

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I really didn't want to trade Macbeth but he wanted a 5-year extension and I just couldn't justify that for a dude who I had already moved off of 2B and who will likely begin losing his power/speed on rollover (his power has already started).

Thankfully Benavente is hitting a cool .301/.392/.478 for me and Martin is a pretty strong upgrade over Roosevelt.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
jesus christ how does a team have this few players in the org

nasboat what did you get me into

e: oh jesus I just looked at the coaches

gardenald fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 31, 2015

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Sammy Domingo's at .276/.335/.524 and just hit his 40th HR and somehow no one wanted to trade for him badly enough this season. I'd imagine some of you might be after a guy like this after roll.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Bullpens, y'all

Derrick Graves, y'all

Also of note, pinch hitter Lonny Scott reached base twice in one inning.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Just have to finish 7-6 to end with the best regular season record in franchise history, and I'm not playing a team with a winning record through the end of the season :beerpal:

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Sammy Domingo's at .276/.335/.524 and just hit his 40th HR and somehow no one wanted to trade for him badly enough this season. I'd imagine some of you might be after a guy like this after roll.

i wanted him, but unfortunately not at the cost of Mr Gates

time to roll out the "not gonna win the division" lineups

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

sure lets do a 23 inning game. why not.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Atheistdeals.com posted:

sure lets do a 23 inning game. why not.

How the gently caress did this rear end in a top hat shut me down for 7+ innings in extras???

Oh, also, naturally it was Derrick Graves who blew it (pitching at 39% because gently caress you Sparky)

chutwig
May 28, 2001

why did you have to die and leave me at this time of great need, Pat Sweeney

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Seriously, JD Dishman is barely deserving of pitching above Double A auuugghhh

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hopefully I can win at least 20 more games this season than I did last season

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

AlleyViper posted:

How the gently caress did this rear end in a top hat shut me down for 7+ innings in extras???

Oh, also, naturally it was Derrick Graves who blew it (pitching at 39% because gently caress you Sparky)

Relief is best served cold

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
super hosed up how i demoted a prospect, half so he could play in a playoff series and half because there was an injury, and his rating went down.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

The broken bones posted:

super hosed up how i demoted a prospect, half so he could play in a playoff series and half because there was an injury, and his rating went down.

Yeah you shouldn't do that. Just sign some scrub for nothing to fill the hole.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
gonna finish under .500 and win the division by double digits. nice.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

The broken bones posted:

Tough learning experience but yes save demotions for minor league lifers who need to fill a spot in A- or Rookie ball, or your Quad-A types at season's end

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Prospects can be safely demoted if they were called up to replace a guy who went on the DL, and said player comes off the DL. That's pretty much it.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Oh that's a thing? That's coded in and not a random roll?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, as long as it coincides with the appropriate DL moves. I have never had an issue as long as I both a.) remove the injured player from the DL and also b.) demote the young player with the same transaction submission. For example:

If I called up Kim the same cycle as I placed Foster on the DL, when Foster's ready to come off, I set it up like above and hit submit and Kim takes no ratings penalty.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

You are living a god damned charmed life in this series, atheist

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

You are living a god damned charmed life in this series, atheist

What, just because this guy and this dude hit dingers off of Al Duchscherer?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Atheistdeals.com posted:

What, just because this guy and this dude hit dingers off of Al Duchscherer?

The Gong Show!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

The broken bones posted:

I am on my phone or I would, can someone at this to the newbie training guide somewhere please. Do not demote any player who is useful. Perhaps add the addendum that AV talked about.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

also you can demote without penalty anytime in the off-season prior to the Rule 5 roster freeze, that's a good time to shift guys around without any worries

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

nasboat posted:

also you can demote without penalty anytime in the off-season prior to the Rule 5 roster freeze, that's a good time to shift guys around without any worries

whoa

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

nasboat posted:

Or once the post-season has begun.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sammy went 4-4 with a walk and 3 homers but I'm not sure it counts since it was against a team with all 0% pitchers

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Chick Wehner goes for his second 20-win season in the PM cycle in what's possibly the trappiest trap game to ever exist.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Chick Wehner goes for his second 20-win season in the PM cycle in what's possibly the trappiest trap game to ever exist.

Meanwhile Matt Cambridge is one win from tying and two wins from setting a new franchise mark for single-season wins (20, Matt Hunter and Sean Creek).

He is in line for exactly two starts.

He's totally going to finish at 19 wins.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
My team is two wins away from tying its second best win total in franchise history (101 back in season two), a team which featured Del Trajano's 75 dingers and 1.265 OPS, 295 total team homers, and this franchises only world series appearance (which they lost)

Incidentally, the S1 team won 107 games

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

gardenald posted:

My team is two wins away from tying its second best win total in franchise history (101 back in season two), a team which featured Del Trajano's 75 dingers and 1.265 OPS, 295 total team homers, and this franchises only world series appearance (which they lost)

Incidentally, the S1 team won 107 games

S30 Salem's blazed past season one's record (100 wins, third place in the division) where the entire offense hit .993 and Derrick Cornelius hit .347/.417/.791 with 76 dingers and currently is trying to beat S25's team that had Howie Corbin and Rigo Nunez get the 2nd and 3rd most at bats.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

way to really poo poo the bed in force, guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I just won a game 48-0

• Locked thread