Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Taerkar posted:

My heart tells me that it was a Democrat...
What do your best intentions tell you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It wasn't that fucker Carter, was it? There weren't any other presidents between him and Clinton, so it must've been.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It was probably Obama. Who else could it be?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I'm from SoCal and I freely admit that Harris is the better candidate.
Villaraigosa never impressed me as mayor and I have no reason to think he'd be a more impressive senator.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

The measles outbreak was at Disneyland (in California) not Disney World (in Florida).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Despite threatening vetos, Obama still has one of the lowest veto counts of any president in American history, meaning his threats are all he has. A Good Cartoon.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

My eyes are watering from laughter. Their reactions to the fatalities alone are worth watching the whole thing.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Where exactly does one go to find the official tally of each president's number of veto threats?

Janderbuilt
Mar 7, 2008

WoOt

I agree.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Sandpuppy posted:

Where exactly does one go to find the official tally of each president's number of veto threats?

It's literally the god of the gaps argument. I can't wait until people talk about how he didn't need to issue veto threats because of some nebulous chilling effect because he actually threatened vetos way less often.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 31, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Please join AF Branco in speaking out against the fascism of having to pay taxes and not being able to pollute wantonly.

Fun fact: If Obama says the words "Islamic Terrorism" he'll melt and disappear, like Rumpelstiltskin or something.

One more! With bonus sociopathy!

Hey, gently caress you too Terry.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

REA
DY4
XL
IX

I would support a drugs pipeline, but a syrup pipeline would still present the problem of catastrophic spills :ohdear:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I think I know the answer, but has Obama ever explicitly said that the Taliban/ISIS/whoever aren't terrorists? How did this become a right-wing talking point?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Is that horse a Horse Supremacist? Because that's all I'm getting from that.

That and that this year's Superbowl is XLIX and I'm just gonna call it the "eckslicks" for the rest of the weekend.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

beepsandboops posted:

I think I know the answer, but has Obama ever explicitly said that the Taliban/ISIS/whoever aren't terrorists? How did this become a right-wing talking point?

Remember during the 2012 campaign when republicans insisted that Obama saying the attack on Benghazi was an "act of terror" didn't count as calling them terrorist acts?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

beepsandboops posted:

It comes from him saying that those, and other groups, aren't really Islamic ie: they're violent regressive bastards who have as much in common with mainstream Islam as your average Crusader knight does with modern Christianity.*

Needless to say, the GOP took to this message with all the nuance and understanding we've come to expect from them.

*excepting, of course, those modern Christians who think the crusades were justified, good ideas which should be repeated, of course.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It comes from him saying that those, and other groups, aren't really Islamic ie: they're violent regressive bastards who have as much in common with mainstream Islam as your average Crusader knight does with modern Christianity.*

Needless to say, the GOP took to this message with all the nuance and understanding we've come to expect from them.

*excepting, of course, those modern Christians who think the crusades were justified, good ideas which should be repeated, of course.
I read a really nice article on some Japanese news site about this the other day. It basically said, you've got Muslims, and then inside that you have a very small percentage of them who are Islamists; i.e. that their religion should dictate national policy, and then inside them you have an even smaller group of people who believe this should be accomplished by violence. That first group mostly denounces the second, and the second mostly denounces the third.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The actual quote seems to be (re: the Taliban and why they are on some terrorist lists but not others)

quote:

“They do carry out tactics that are akin to terrorism. They do pursue terror attacks in an effort to try to advance their agenda,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest explained today, but “they have a different classification.”
It's just a matter of semantics in terms of how they classify international terrorist networks who exist purely to plan attacks vs more localized armed groups that engage in armed conflicts and terrorism.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Begemot posted:

REA
DY4
XL
IX

I would support a drugs pipeline, but a syrup pipeline would still present the problem of catastrophic spills :ohdear:

I'd be ok with polluting our water supply with maple syrup. :getin: LETS DO THIS.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

I read a really nice article on some Japanese news site about this the other day. It basically said, you've got Muslims, and then inside that you have a very small percentage of them who are Islamists; i.e. that their religion should dictate national policy, and then inside them you have an even smaller group of people who believe this should be accomplished by violence. That first group mostly denounces the second, and the second mostly denounces the third.

Aha! I've got you now! Does the third group denounce themselves? No? Then I guess that Islam as a whole doesn't condemn violent Islamism, and therefore the entire religion is a combination of violent crazies and raw evil. :smugbert:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Chickens don't feel pain, libtards

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

The number of aborted fetus who go on to commit crimes is also 0%. Check and mate, 7oden.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

7oden supports the execution of anybody who might be a terrorist based on political and religious belief.

That's pretty out there wanting the whole Tea Party killed.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

colonel_korn posted:

Hey, gently caress you too Terry.

Community colleges are where a ton of students get their starts on everything from nursing/medical degrees, trades like plumbing/mechanics/electricians, and a host of other incredibly necessary occupations. If you don't want to ever pay for anyone's college then don't go the hospital when you're sick or injured, fix everything in your life yourself, and just generally disconnect yourself from society because we probably don't want you around anyway.

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 31, 2015

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Community colleges are where a ton of students get their starts on everything from nursing/medical degrees, trades like plumbing/mechanics/electricians, and a host of other incredibly necessary occupations. If you don't want to ever pay for anyone's college then don't go the hospital when you're sick or injured, fix everything in your life yourself, and just generally disconnect yourself from society because we probably don't want you around anyway.

Come to Galt's Gulch, where you will most certainly be paid handsomely and justly for your most edifying political cartoons, Terry.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Today's Prickly City:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

As a cartoon qua cartoon this is obviously a steaming pile, but I actually appreciate the reminder. I hope it becomes a talking point in the GOP primaries.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Trent posted:

As a cartoon qua cartoon this is obviously a steaming pile, but I actually appreciate the reminder. I hope it becomes a talking point in the GOP primaries.
Doesn't it just bolster his credentials with the primary crowd? STANDING UP FOR LIFE and all that. The right is pretty happy to overlook the "small government" mantra when it suits them, cf. half of Branco's cartoons that he draws for "Americans for Limited Government" where he advocates bombing the poo poo out of foreigners, etc.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
A lot of you guys seem to forget that facts don't matter in American elections. I know, it's fun to hope and fantasize, but they don't. People will handwave away anything to vote for the person who makes them feel good.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

That story was literally a decade ago. It's hard enough to keep a story relevant after six months, what makes you think her story will have any relevance other than a couple speeches Jeb gives to burnish his credentials with the Religious Right? And even they'll be expecting something more recent than a story two Presidencies old.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Chickens don't feel pain, libtards

Jesus, where are this man's legs?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Precambrian posted:

That story was literally a decade ago. It's hard enough to keep a story relevant after six months, what makes you think her story will have any relevance other than a couple speeches Jeb gives to burnish his credentials with the Religious Right? And even they'll be expecting something more recent than a story two Presidencies old.

Exactly, it's not like the republicans are gonna be bringing up Hillary's husband's sexual history for the entirety of her campaign, now are they?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did this get posted :stare:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/a9y1Odi.jpg :nws:
Look at that horrible second panel of Obama. Look at it.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 31, 2015

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Ok that's gotta get him a Secret Service visit right? Jesus.

Even without the assassination wet dream we've moved on to "Obama literally supports ISIS."

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Might wanna NWS that Muir.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
zed is wearing a combat helmet in the first and second frame, but it has magically become a backwards baseball cap for panel five.

This is what I am taking issue with because my brain refuses to acknowledge any more than that

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

QwertyAsher posted:

zed is wearing a combat helmet in the first and second frame, but it has magically become a backwards baseball cap for panel five.

This is what I am taking issue with because my brain refuses to acknowledge any more than that

Curse you for making me go back and look at the baseball cap panel. Zed's face is in the process of sloughing off and he seems mildly concerned about it. I've seen Dominic Deegan comics with better artwork.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Chris Muir was basically Chris Kyle's target audience.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh god gently caress you Muir those are all barely-filtered images of the devastation of Kobani. I could probably find the exact pictures he copied but gently caress it, it's really obvious and I'm not going to waste my effort beyond this picture:

Kobani looks like that because we are helping the Kurds to beat back ISIL via US/coalition airstrikes. That cartoon is literally the exact opposite of the situation on the ground.

You know what gently caress it, here you go; this is what the US has been doing to help out. Back in late October, ISIL briefly took control of Tel Shair hill outside of Kobani. We coordinated with the Kurds to help them reclaim the hill:

The US did this by leveling the entire loving hill.

Fast-forward to the present:

You see those airstrikes? That's Obama and the US Air force continuing to help out the Kurds against ISIL.

gently caress off and die Muir.:fuckoff:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Might wanna NWS that Muir.
I was too fixated on that mangled Obama.

• Locked thread