Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Cubey posted:

I think the worst list was longer than normal, at least.

NOBODY EVER SAID THIS

Jesus loving Christ, stop putting words into people's mouths, if that's what you need to do to try and prove a point it means you have lost.

oh like how people hear called me sexist for just insulting one person, just like how i am pro gamergate for pointing out Minor poo poo anti gamergate doeven though i said it minor compare to gamergate Shanangins?

And i would of left if i wasn't being brought up all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Putting something as complex as morality into a quantifiable system for a heavily rules based game is asking for failure. But I do love alignment charts.

Goddamn it, Joe. It's like everyone on CA now is either an rear end in a top hat or being chased off if they aren't. Well, LordKat and AA were assholes that left and was let go respectively, but that was a long time ago.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cubey posted:

I think the worst list was longer than normal, at least.
I know he split them up when he was still on youtube (watching his older stuff), but it just felt like these where over so fast this year. :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WickedHate posted:

Goddamn it, Joe. It's like everyone on CA now is either an rear end in a top hat or being chased off if they aren't. Well, LordKat and AA were assholes that left and was let go respectively, but that was a long time ago.

Apparently all BroTeam asked for was a disclaimer in the video description that he had nothing to do with GamerGate, and that request was ignored. I'm not sure why that was apparently so hard for Joe to do that it had to get to this level for him to do it, and apparently Joe kept emailing him a bunch after they'd already settled things and the DCMA was withdrawn.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cubey posted:

I like Joe's gaming controversy video last year, but hearing this poo poo about his video this year is disappointing. It's not helping that he's apparently throwing a fit at BroTeamPill for the copyright claim. I mean I'd be loving pissed if I got lumped with gamergaters too, and according to the BroTeam guy he tried to handle it in a more amicable way and got ignored.

While weakly maintaining an argument that the whole thing sucks, he mostly talked about how the gamer gate people suck. Occasionally he would toss in that there were some examples of anti-gamer gate having doxxed and harassed gamer gate people. Mostly it was couched in a framing of gamer gate being so pathetic that seeking to eradicate every gater and the hashtag was more or less poor sport. How you can watch it and sigh about Joe just not getting it, why isn't he anti-gamer gate, is beyond me.

His main sticking point with regard to labeling himself anti-gamer gate, despite detailing how sexist and horrible gamer gate is, seems to be that he knows some people getting painted with a large brush. I'm assuming this because he mentions the lack of solidarity in a hashtag movement. Whether you find his neutrality an artifice, which it largely is, or a betrayal of his previous stances is up to you. Dude's pretty anti-gamer gate judging by what he actually said.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Cyron posted:

oh like how people hear called me sexist for just insulting one person

It was because of how precisely you chose to insult her, not the fact that you did.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

Apparently all BroTeam asked for was a disclaimer in the video description that he had nothing to do with GamerGate, and that request was ignored. I'm not sure why that was apparently so hard for Joe to do that it had to get to this level for him to do it, and apparently Joe kept emailing him a bunch after they'd already settled things and the DCMA was withdrawn.

That's just ridicoulous. And of course his fanbase is going to be loving pissed and label them as the bad guys.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zedd posted:

Are Todd's video's longer than last years or is he splitting up his top 10 list this year because of add revenue?

He explicitly said on twitter it was for Ad Revenue.

Reading their twitter stuff, the BroTeamPill guy comes off as a tool, even if he does have a point. Joe was apparently away from his computer, but he shouldn't have just grabbed a random image off the internet either.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gyges posted:

How you can watch it and sigh about Joe just not getting it, why isn't he anti-gamer gate, is beyond me.

I haven't watched it dude, it was taken down before I could. I was mostly commenting on why it was taken down and the immediate aftermath of it. It would have probably been a better idea to not have pictures of anyone representing either side to avoid exactly this sort of situation. His handling of a simple request was not very professional, and considering how much larger a fanbase Joe has than BroTeam (by a factor of ten), lumping BroTeam in with that side is something that could very much harm their reputation.

Senerio posted:

Reading their twitter stuff, the BroTeamPill guy comes off as a tool, even if he does have a point. Joe was apparently away from his computer, but he shouldn't have just grabbed a random image off the internet either.

BroTeam sounds like reddit personified, I have no real stake in their side at all. But even still, it was a poor decision on Joe's part all around. I tried watching one of their videos and it was basically American Zero Punctuation except significantly less funny, which yeah just ponder that for a few minutes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cubey posted:

It's a dumb graphic that Joe didn't make that is widely available on the internet. BroTeam seem to have some real thin skin about something that is completely inconsequential. Filing a take down over it is a complete dick move and makes them look like babies.

Jsor posted:

I think my issue with Lawful stems from when I played Neverwinter Nights. Bioware scarred me for life. I got enough alignment points away from Lawful to go straight to Neutral by doing something stupid like "disagreeing with a corrupt lord's authority to banish someone for trying to save the town" or something. It just made me hate the whole system. It really isn't a blanket condemnation of the idea, but it's usually implemented poorly.

Bioware sucks at alignment. They create the game with the assumption you're going to spend the whole game saving kitties or burning villages to the ground. No one could possibly choose something other than pure good or pure evil, especially when we give ridiculous scenarios for you to choose from! Like in SF Debris KTOR play through where the "good" choice is just going with the idiotic plan based on pure guess work.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

While weakly maintaining an argument that the whole thing sucks, he mostly talked about how the gamer gate people suck. Occasionally he would toss in that there were some examples of anti-gamer gate having doxxed and harassed gamer gate people. Mostly it was couched in a framing of gamer gate being so pathetic that seeking to eradicate every gater and the hashtag was more or less poor sport. How you can watch it and sigh about Joe just not getting it, why isn't he anti-gamer gate, is beyond me.

His main sticking point with regard to labeling himself anti-gamer gate, despite detailing how sexist and horrible gamer gate is, seems to be that he knows some people getting painted with a large brush. I'm assuming this because he mentions the lack of solidarity in a hashtag movement. Whether you find his neutrality an artifice, which it largely is, or a betrayal of his previous stances is up to you. Dude's pretty anti-gamer gate judging by what he actually said.

this is what i been saying but without the crazy and the mistyping.

quote:

It was because of how precisely you chose to insult her, not the fact that you did.

she was the first big name to pop up. I don't know crap about what happend with her and nash, but yes i can see how that can be taken as sexist.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okay so I thought it was like 1 hour between him sending the email and filing the claim, but apparently it was like 5, so less of a tool than it looked, but yeah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gyges posted:

Bioware sucks at alignment. They create the game with the assumption you're going to spend the whole game saving kitties or burning villages to the ground. No one could possibly choose something other than pure good or pure evil, especially when we give ridiculous scenarios for you to choose from! Like in SF Debris KTOR play through where the "good" choice is just going with the idiotic plan based on pure guess work.

That's just accurate to the source material. D&D has historically been really loving awful at anything regarding alignment.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Jade Emperor makes a huge deal about how Open Palm and Closed Fist are "just philisophies" and not nessicarily good or evil. Yeah, no, Open Palm is Kung Fu Jesus and Closed Palm is super Dark Side. Any video game morality system with a meter is screwed and gonna end up that way, it seems.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Cyron posted:

this thread want joe off the air for not being anti gamergate. this thread proves his point.

and i am not leaving untill this thread is gassed

How chaotically evil of you!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

BobbyK posted:

How chaotically evil of you!

I eat babies and piss on puppies.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

BroTeam sounds like reddit personified, I have no real stake in their side at all.

He's a huge fan of reddit and plugs them a lot so...

Agreed that Joe didn't respond very well.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Andrast posted:

That's just accurate to the source material. D&D has historically been really loving awful at anything regarding alignment.

Like I said. Everyone gets alignment wrong.

Cyron posted:

she was the first big name to pop up. I don't know crap about what happend with her and nash, but yes i can see how that can be taken as sexist.

oh do just gently caress off.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyron posted:

I eat babies and piss on puppies.

Sounds pretty accurate for a person who often defends gamergate.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mokinokaro posted:

He's a huge fan of reddit and plugs them a lot so...

I feel signifgantly less sorry for them now, at least.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Tony Zhau put out a couple more videos, focusing on shapes within a scene and shapes on the actual screen. It's simple stuff but works wonders at making a film more watchable.

Thank you for posting this, this guy is great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Jade Emperor makes a huge deal about how Open Palm and Closed Fist are "just philisophies" and not nessicarily good or evil. Yeah, no, Open Palm is Kung Fu Jesus and Closed Palm is super Dark Side. Any video game morality system with a meter is screwed and gonna end up that way, it seems.

I think there is a single time where open palm/closed fist are actually a role reversal, something where the open palm option had villagers stay in a doomed villager and the closed fist option got them to leave where they would have a better life.

Its kinda like the Onderon situation in KOTOR 2, the darkside would have the Onderon's let them keep their individuality and culture, the light side would end with them being absorbed into the republic and just being some other planet in their control. Sure, at the time it seems good/bad but the lasting effects turn out to be the opposite.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Andrast posted:

Sounds pretty accurate for a person who often defends gamergate.

that i never did. making up bullshit again.

Dr. Scheme
Apr 28, 2013

Gyges posted:

It's a dumb graphic that Joe didn't make that is widely available on the internet. BroTeam seem to have some real thin skin about something that is completely inconsequential. Filing a take down over it is a complete dick move and makes them look like babies.

Considering the reaction of people in this thread when someone is even remotely sympathetic to gamergate, I think not wanting to be seen as part of it makes a lot of sense.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Funny thing is Bro Team certainly hasn't had any issue with being portrayed as a part of GG by other GG'ers for months now, lol. Dude's kinda reverted into a troll that pretty much just wants attention...which was probably the whole point of Bro Team in the first place but at least there was that parody thing!

He's also the same guy who posted about being utterly screwed over by Machinima a few months back, which he rightfully got a bit of sympathy for. A part of me kinda thinks that all this crap is all just a bit of a stab at getting some notoriety to replace the momentum he lost (mind you, making videos that weren't samey highlights of streams or pro-GG flotsam would also help with that...drat it, I used to like his stuff)

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was looking around a bit on Google for stuff with this currently drama bomb with Joe vs Broteam and I found this: http://angryjoesucks.blogspot.com/ . I figured that it woulda been updated 1-2 times every and been abandoned years ago but whoever is running this is loving obsessed with Joe to a rather creepy level :stare:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kim Justice posted:

He's also the same guy who posted about being utterly screwed over by Machinima a few months back, which he rightfully got a bit of sympathy for. A part of me kinda thinks that all this crap is all just a bit of a stab at getting some notoriety to replace the momentum he lost (mind you, making videos that weren't samey highlights of streams or pro-GG flotsam would also help with that...drat it, I used to like his stuff)

Yeah this was the extent of my knowledge of BroTeam before this poo poo. Between this and the current CA crap, it's pretty obvious that these sorts of video publisher type things are not long for this world.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
3234, 423, AND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLKZtppbm_Q

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Tracula posted:

I was looking around a bit on Google for stuff with this currently drama bomb with Joe vs Broteam and I found this: http://angryjoesucks.blogspot.com/ . I figured that it woulda been updated 1-2 times every and been abandoned years ago but whoever is running this is loving obsessed with Joe to a rather creepy level :stare:

It's almost as if gamers are terrible or something.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

These men are PAWNS.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Dick Tracy the last movie Warren Beatty was ever in?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jack Gladney posted:

How can you forget about Bulworth

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Jack Gladney posted:

Town & Country
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0141907/

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Senerio posted:

He explicitly said on twitter it was for Ad Revenue.

Also, to pay for all those grains of salt he offers free with each Twitter post.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tracula posted:

There was a really creepy one about Spoony that was obsessive in its detail. Z list internet celebrities really bring out the crazy in people.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

BobbyK posted:

There was a really creepy one about Spoony that was obsessive in its detail.

Oh yeah. Does anyone have a link to the old Spoonywatch thread? :hurr:

KayTee fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 31, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tracula posted:

Anything that has a prominent place for popular posts that is lead by Joe breaking up with his girlfriend has got to be some sort of meta commentary on creepy hate sites. Like, I'm not going to actually read any of it, but I'm just going to go with it being some elaborate joke.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Gyges posted:

That was sort of what I took away from it. His only issue with the anti-GG side was that he didn't think it right of them to dismiss everyone on the GG side, since he thought there were decent people who identified with the hashtag who were getting lumped in with the scumbags that harass people.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Max Wilco posted:

That was sort of what I took away from it. His only issue with the anti-GG side was that he didn't think it right of them to dismiss everyone on the GG side, since he thought there were decent people who identified with the hashtag who were getting lumped in with the scumbags that harass people.

That's still a pretty bad argument, but not as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Max Wilco posted:

So how did they wind up on everyone's hit list?

• Locked thread