Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That back fired hilariously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

These two Brazillians look like two ten year olds trying to work up the courage for their first kiss

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
black belt level mount pull

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
5 minutes of nothing. awesome.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

fatherdog posted:

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011.

For some weird reason, I had Silva vs. Weidman as the main in my head for a split-second.

Also: Is "grape vines" a thing Rogan is making up or is it an actual BJJ term such as "hooks" and such?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

For some weird reason, I had Silva vs. Weidman as the main in my head for a split-second.

Also: Is "grape vines" a thing Rogan is making up or is it an actual BJJ term such as "hooks" and such?

Yes, it is a thing. It is multiple things.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Count Roland posted:

Is there a chat room that you guys go to for this, irc or something?

#mma on synirc.net

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I have a feeling Nick is going to get the absolute gently caress kicked out of his legs. Like I think it might look almost as bad as RDA/Nate.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's actually a wrestling term, it refers to what Alcantra was doing with the legs while on top in mount.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

"He can't let Anderson use his....box of tricks."
I want Bisping on the mic all the time.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I predict that Anderson will win a split after three rounds of ineffectual dancing and two rounds of slowing down and getting tagged, and that everyone will come out looking bad, because I am a bad person

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Lol on the "pre-show thing all I hear is boos.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

I have a feeling Nick is going to get the absolute gently caress kicked out of his legs. Like I think it might look almost as bad as RDA/Nate.

Nick is richly hittable and is going to give Anderson lots of opportunities to just box the gently caress out of him so it wouldn't surprise me if Silva was content to just box him up going backwards a la Forrest, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Anderson has a machismo chip on his shoulder and wants to "prove" his leg is as good as ever and comes out throwing a million kicks

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Decades posted:

I predict that Anderson will win a split after three rounds of ineffectual dancing and two rounds of slowing down and getting tagged, and that everyone will come out looking bad, because I am a bad person

5 rounds.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
non top 10 middleweight fights should be held in a tuf cage with no cameras. post the results somewhere. they are all like this.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

You need to either read better or do math better.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

fatherdog posted:

You need to either read better or do math better.

Probably both.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fatherdog posted:

Nick is richly hittable and is going to give Anderson lots of opportunities to just box the gently caress out of him so it wouldn't surprise me if Silva was content to just box him up going backwards a la Forrest, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Anderson has a machismo chip on his shoulder and wants to "prove" his leg is as good as ever and comes out throwing a million kicks
This is why I've been saying it for a while, I really think the latter is very likely. That and his leg kicks devastate pretty much anyone.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

I don't know if it'll be that many, but I certainly expect enough to prove he's not afraid to kick.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

non top 10 middleweight fights should be held in a tuf cage with no cameras. post the results somewhere. they are all like this.

These guys weren't good enough for 205. Think about that.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

fatherdog posted:

but it also wouldn't surprise me if Anderson has a machismo chip on his shoulder and wants to "prove" his leg is as good as ever and comes out throwing a million kicks

This was actually my thinking. I think he might come out throwing the kicks and will just keep doing it once he sees how easily he can land them. I have no clue how Nick and his brother haven't put more of an emphasis on checking the leg kicks or even making an adjustment to their respective stances after their bouts with Cyborg, Cerrone, Condit, RDA, and probably others that I'm missing.

The Cyborg fight was bad as far as the leg kicks go.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I think Anderson is going to try to recreate dos Anjos' crime against legs from his Nate Diaz fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

and who the gently caress brings in paul harris for their corner. the other guy should have brought the guy who plays hodor in character

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

This was actually my thinking. I think he might come out throwing the kicks and will just keep doing it once he sees how easily he can land them. I have no clue how Nick and his brother haven't put more of an emphasis on checking the leg kicks or even making an adjustment to their respective stances after their bouts with Cyborg, Cerrone, Condit, RDA, and probably others that I'm missing.

The Cyborg fight was bad as far as the leg kicks go.

It turns out that convincing yourself that you really won every fought you lost isn't very helpful when it comes to identifying and improving your weak points

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
nice to take a piss break and come back an hear the crowd still booing

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

crowd boos, both fighters raise their hands and smile

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel embarrassed for them hearing those boos :smith:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

BEWWWW

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
this fight is trash holy poo poo

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I turned off the stream at the bell and am just going to assume they were both declared the loser.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i understand you just 'won' a 'fight' iuri, but you should not be looking anything other than ashamed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

What a display of martial art

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

and who the gently caress brings in paul harris for their corner. the other guy should have brought the guy who plays hodor in character

Yeah, like what advice is Toquinho going to give you? All he does is try to destroy a leg, and he's never had a plan B for when that doesn't work.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Kelvin missed weight by 10 lbs? :stare:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Kelvin missed weight by 10 lbs? :stare:

He's not very good at it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i was impressed when woodley was handily loving up condit and exploding koscheck and then proceeded to give us the rory fight.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That ad just now said the prelims begin at 7pm ET, ufc.tv says 8pm ET...?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Chexoid posted:

Neither of the gentlemen in this main event have won a fight in the last two years.

The only fact that matters.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Kelvin is a big fat baby and I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

How does Anderson still have that #1 spot after a year of inactivity and two straight losses? MMA journalists don't even pretend to have a system.

• Locked thread