Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
there are other fights on the card too, maybe. maybe not. discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

am I just in a bubble or does there not seem to be much/any mainstream hype for this at all?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
poo poo is this tomorrow?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What about the recommended snack, OP?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

flashy_mcflash posted:

am I just in a bubble or does there not seem to be much/any mainstream hype for this at all?

Yeah not really but holy poo poo Nick Diaz is fighting Anderson Silva

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

there's a bar near my place that has buffalo chicken wing poutine. i recommend that.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

i have no idea whatsoever.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I am thankful that this fight exists and is happening.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

attackmole posted:

I am thankful that this fight exists and is happening.

lets not get ahead of ourselves here

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Oh it'll happen. Diaz needs that Anderson Silva money.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

EmmyOk posted:

I don't know if it's a sign from above or what, but I just made pigs in a blanket for lunch and I think it's a pretty apt food for this event because it's never going to win any awards for being the best food and it's borderline guilty pleasure, but drat if it isn't good

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
conventional wisdom says that anderson is going to win. but get this: he's actually going to lose

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Count Roland posted:

Oh it'll happen. Diaz needs that Anderson Silva money.

Diaz was making Anderson Silva money in Strikeforce, he however never learned how to buy a house in school.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Anderson will win and make it look easy and I still won't be confident Anderson is half the fighter he was before the Weidman fights, because it is Nick Diaz

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The majority never expected it to happen. One of those cases where they think something will go wrong right until the fight starts. Can't say I blame them, but holy poo poo am I glad it looks like it might happen. Go Diaz.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

flashy_mcflash posted:

idk about media, but I know about anecdotal bullshit and all my anecdotal bullshit says plenty of randos are into this one. Someone I didn't even know watched wanted to split the PPV with me and my eternally eye rolling fiancee is excited for Anderson Silva's return and seeing Kelvin G again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

EmmyOk posted:

Snap peas soaked in chicken stock(ton).

Edit: I don't know whether to cry or laugh for the people I imagine were trying to put together a rad OP for this.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 30, 2015

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Yeah the main card is actually very strong overall excepting maybe Leites Boetsch, but there's still enough possibility there for a cool finish that I'm not dreading it. The undercard is significantly less strong but there are a few solid or fun fights on there. McCall Lineker might be good, Brandao Hettes will either end spectacularly in the first four minutes or be a hilarious pile of poo poo. This is the card we deserve in 2015.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
the 4 bouts under silva diaz look pretty decent

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is Leites the guy who when he fought Silva dropped to the ground everytime Silva did anything?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

EmmyOk posted:

Is Leites the guy who when he fought Silva dropped to the ground everytime Silva did anything?

yep

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hopefully Silva being on the same card won't cause a relapse

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I will cry tears of elation when Nick Diaz hands Anderson Silva his third straight devastating loss.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i enjoy joe lauzon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I watched Diaz Daley again this morning and it has me hyped.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Two days out I literally still do not believe this fight will happen.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Pretty sure this is about to look like Silva v Leben

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i don't know why but in my heart i believe that anderson silva is james toney type fat

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Nick is going to throw a smoke bomb and no show. The we'll get silva/leites II and the ufc will die in 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Seltzer posted:

the 4 bouts under silva diaz look pretty decent

yeah, that's a good card.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I fully expect to see some other available cool puncher middleweight having their own walkout directly behind Nick, getting ready after him in the JUPITER ASCENDING prep point and shaking out the jitters all the way up until Herb Dean says go.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I fully expect to see some other available cool puncher middleweight having their own walkout directly behind Nick, getting ready after him in the JUPITER ASCENDING prep point and shaking out the jitters all the way up until Herb Dean says go.

Cowboy

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
it is my birthday party tomorrow night so i cant watch. please use spoiler tags for discussion about the fights itt, tia.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
gastelum and lauzon are Cool Dudes, leites is kinda good now but so is boetsch, alves/mein will probably be pretty violent and cool if i can get over the weirdness of seeing alves fight. he was gone for so long.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

gastelum and lauzon are Cool Dudes, leites is kinda good now but so is boetsch, alves/mein will probably be pretty violent and cool if i can get over the weirdness of seeing alves fight. he was gone for so long.

don't worry he'll be gone again for a long time soon enough

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

idk about media, but I know about anecdotal bullshit and all my anecdotal bullshit says plenty of randos are into this one. Someone I didn't even know watched wanted to split the PPV with me and my eternally eye rolling fiancee is excited for Anderson Silva's return and seeing Kelvin G again.

Based on my circle of friends, pretty much everyone is at least a casual MMA fan and everyone wants to see this fight once they know it's happening - what's weird to me is that people don't seem to realize it's happening in two days until I talk to them. It just seems odd to me that there's no press for this, but I guess the strong possibility of it not happening explains that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Diaz brought some Brazilians in for his training camp solely to learn how to call Anderson a running bitch rear end pussy in Portuguese

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

flashy_mcflash posted:

Based on my circle of friends, pretty much everyone is at least a casual MMA fan and everyone wants to see this fight once they know it's happening - what's weird to me is that people don't seem to realize it's happening in two days until I talk to them. It just seems odd to me that there's no press for this, but I guess the strong possibility of it not happening explains that.

Well one part of it is that there's another significant sport event happening this weekend as well. I can't really speak to what that looks like around the rest of the country because I live in Seattle, but even here I've got people who are excited about this fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Diaz was making Anderson Silva money in Strikeforce, he however never learned how to buy a house in school.

No he wasn't, not even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EmmyOk posted:

Don't be Scared Hoagie with shredded spider crab leg meat dip.

• Locked thread