Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
hall of fame simulation sliders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Metapod posted:

hall of fame simulation sliders

:smithicide:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

i'm a center for okc so its not that hard

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Speaking of OKC, Kevin Durant with no voice audio just showed up at my house and telepathically told me to sign with the Thunder

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Goetta posted:

Speaking of OKC, Kevin Durant with no voice audio just showed up at my house and telepathically told me to sign with the Thunder

If you get a chance, have him hand you a basketball and make sure both your hands are on it before he lets go.

e: the mobile app season mode is stupidly addictive for me; I won't be playing that to win again with the finals starting in the small hours.

IrvingWashington fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Feb 1, 2015

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I stole a Finals Championship this week on the mobile app due to the series kicking off at 1AM. Other guy must have been a productive member of society or something because he didn't log to change his lineup after he won the first game. I had the secret weapon of a crying baby waking me up in the night to make sure my guys were rotated in fresh.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Goetta posted:

You gotta do it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

You gotta do it.

:agreed:

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Did some locker codes just get released? I saw a few online that were supposedly from yesterday, but they already said they were expired. Do they really expire that quickly?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
How high does your Athleticism stat have to be to call for alley-oops?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

How high does your Athleticism stat have to be to call for alley-oops?

I thought you could do it regardless, you'll just do an awkward alley-oop-layup that isn't as much of a sure thing, though I haven't played as low-athleticism players, only thrown oops to low-athleticism players.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Lockback posted:

I thought you could do it regardless, you'll just do an awkward alley-oop-layup that isn't as much of a sure thing, though I haven't played as low-athleticism players, only thrown oops to low-athleticism players.

Huh, it's the same button combo (LT+X?) as throwing one right? I always get drives towards the basket and nothing happens when I press it.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Prickly Pete posted:

Did some locker codes just get released? I saw a few online that were supposedly from yesterday, but they already said they were expired. Do they really expire that quickly?

They were giving away some kind of pink Carmelo Anthony card recentlyish, and that one expired super fast

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Huh, it's the same button combo (LT+X?) as throwing one right? I always get drives towards the basket and nothing happens when I press it.

Googling around it may be tied to your hands+layup rating if you aren't a dunker. Basically, you can throw one to anyone but if you seem like you'd be a crappy guy to get one tossed to you the CPU will ignore your call like a putz. I think its situational and not just a check on your stats.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If anyone is wondering, yes the PS4 park is still horrible and dont play it

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

Doc rivers is coaching the pistons now. What a world.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Prickly Pete posted:

Doc rivers is coaching the pistons now. What a world.

Basically, Doc goes to whatever team I need him to, which is why this is the most realistic NBA game yet

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

IrvingWashington posted:

Basically, Doc goes to whatever team I need him to, which is why this is the most realistic NBA game yet

Unfortunately the annoying loving coach follows you wherever you go too.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Unfortunately the annoying loving coach follows you wherever you go too.

What? You don't like the constant lip smacking and poo poo talking even when you drop 85 points a game?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Duggler posted:

What? You don't like the constant lip smacking and poo poo talking even when you drop 85 points a game?

I wish they could program it to have real reactions if you did something like that. Maybe make it so it only happens if you pull that off on a super hard difficulty that way not everyone and their mother is getting the same reaction.

Does the game do anything special if you win a poo poo load of games in a row? Like what the hawks did in January.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IrvingWashington posted:

Come on, myCareer is Chose-Your-Own-Adventure NBA Soap Opera, through and through. I like that 2K is embracing that and I hope they go more over the top.

"Terrorists have kidnapped the presidents daughter, went back in time and brainwashed the 92 dream team. Now you must play a game WHERE EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE"

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Lockback posted:

Come on, myCareer is Chose-Your-Own-Adventure NBA Soap Opera, through and through. I like that 2K is embracing that and I hope they go more over the top.

"Terrorists have kidnapped the presidents daughter, went back in time and brainwashed the 92 dream team. Now you must play a game WHERE EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE"

That would probably be the actual best game in history if 2K did something like that. They build an actual great NBA game and then just go nuts with it

Too bad we will probably get "Jackson Ellis is your dad"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i just wished that they didn't force you to "practice"

it doesn't give you any vc and it doesn't have any gimmicks or anything interesting to it, other than the assistant coach berating you for not accomplishing some arbitrary goal. i remember practicing including around the world and post practice which was kind of fun, due to the fact that at least it was novel, but now i have to play a stupid 6 minute scrimmage every 5 games for no vc or reason.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

The Duggler posted:

"Way to shoot the rock!", after I go 2-8 from three. Ah well.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

LT + Square is how you call for an oops pass on PS4. I have a Blake Griffin esque power forward and that is a go to. It takes about 8 games with 1 oop a game to go the allyoop finisher badge.

Hitting square is crucial for me in finishing oops. I have maxed out athleticism and as long as I time hitting square with catching the ball it's a done deal.

I also don't echo the sentiments on the park. Played over 500 games there and you just have to figure out how to play defense/take good shots. Almost 100 games over 500 and am nearing that legend level.

thompson fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 3, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't like my player doing all the nice-guy choices, and then he's an rear end every time there's a non-choice cutscene.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

thompson posted:

I also don't echo the sentiments on the park. Played over 500 games there and you just have to figure out how to play defense/take good shots. Almost 100 games over 500 and am nearing that legend level.

This requires passing.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Lockback posted:

This requires passing.

The point is that no one is going to pass you the ball really until you hit that All-Star 1 level which in reality is kind of the same as gaining respect in a real park like the one they're depicting. It sucks, but grinding it out to get the ball is a very real thing. No one passed me the ball for a while so I did what I do in real basketball when i'm not getting the ball. I stayed around the rim, rebounded, and got easy layups. After a while you earn your keep and people start to respect that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone else still wish it showed fatigue when you push down on the dpad to change lineups?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone else still wish it showed fatigue when you push down on the dpad to change lineups?

It used to pull up stats and fatigue and served as a heat check too, 2K really stripped down the dpad menu for some reason

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Tae posted:

I don't like my player doing all the nice-guy choices, and then he's an rear end every time there's a non-choice cutscene.

you're supposed to give the rear end in a top hat responses.

my favorite one is the halftime one about controlling the paint.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I went on a romp this weekend in the park. This game in particular was pretty ridiculous. Two legends came to play on the court I was on. What happened was a pretty good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oLXHBmT4yg

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thompson posted:

I went on a romp this weekend in the park. This game in particular was pretty ridiculous. Two legends came to play on the court I was on. What happened was a pretty good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oLXHBmT4yg

What makes them a legend?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

What makes them a legend?

A lot of games played and usually a lot of wins.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
2k teamup still is the best game

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

looking for some people on sunset beach to join a squad with so i don't have to watch the same person miss half court shots the whole game. PSN: Trazka-R

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Today I had players from both benches walk across the pitch during the game a few times. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The mentors for your mycareer is random as hell. Harden for Rockets, Horford for Hawks, makes sense. Brandon Wright for the Suns? Why? And why is Isaiah Thomas a Star over Dragic or Bledsoe?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Uhh cause Isaiah Thomas loving owns. Citation: kings fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

The mentors for your mycareer is random as hell. Harden for Rockets, Horford for Hawks, makes sense. Brandon Wright for the Suns? Why? And why is Isaiah Thomas a Star over Dragic or Bledsoe?

It had to do with who could do the voice-sessions and which ones were worth putting in the game. Given how bad some of them are, the ones they decided not to use were probably horrific/hilarious.

• Locked thread