Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Lazyfire posted:

What will pudgy fake angry man with a leather jacket and Wolverine haircut do now?

He will complain inside his space ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
yeah broteam has been spiraling further and further into gomergroot ever since that whole thing started, it was a loving trip to watch when i was still following him

e: vv oh yeah i still think his videos are entertaining for the most part but :holymoley: his twitter adventures

Monicro fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 31, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just watch his Youtube videos :shrug:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lazyfire posted:

What will pudgy fake angry man with a leather jacket and Wolverine haircut do now?

He lost his poo poo when YouTube did that Content ID sweep about a year ago. I expect him to keep yelling and crying about YouTube and people on all forms of social media.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Unfunny Poster posted:

He lost his poo poo when YouTube did that Content ID sweep about a year ago. I expect him to keep yelling and crying about YouTube and people on all forms of social media.

That's sort of his gimmick, though. Like, if he didn't get upset about everything then he wouldn't be living up to his name.

He's yet another person who's success puzzles me as his videos are kind of terrible and broach anti-entertainment at times.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Lazyfire posted:

That's sort of his gimmick, though. Like, if he didn't get upset about everything then he wouldn't be living up to his name.

He's yet another person who's success puzzles me as his videos are kind of terrible and broach anti-entertainment at times.

He has range, though; he isn't always angry. Sometimes he's whiny. Salty. This video's got it all!!! It was posted earlier in the thread, but I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNkoDzP1hI

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

judge reinhold posted:

He has range, though; he isn't always angry. Sometimes he's whiny. Salty. This video's got it all!!! It was posted earlier in the thread, but I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNkoDzP1hI

I couldn't make it through the whole thing, I just kept staring at the weird facial hair combo he has going on with the thin upper lip hair and then the hint of a neckbeard thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That whole situation was one trainwreck after another for Joe. It was pretty great to hear him make excuse after excuse and blame Georff. I think his beef with him still stands.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 31, 2015

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

kirbysuperstar posted:

#NotAllGrumps

Niggurath posted:

#GlameGlumpsDidNothingWrongMuchLikeHitler

TARDISman posted:

#grumpgate. I hate myself now.

Suey Park would be proud.

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
I thought his review for Warband: Napoleonic Wars was good, even liking the acted bits in costume. It wasn't really an "angry review" as he was rather joyed to be reviewing a fun historical multiplayer DLC expansion.

But then that's really all I've ever seen. In the recommended videos on the side there's always that review of Soul Calibur V he did where the thumbnail has him looking rather upset at Ivy's breasts. That alone was enough to make me not watch anymore of his videos.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Presumably get real mad, call on his "army" and bitch out Youtube for its lovely systems?

I get annoyed when people give a "name" to their fan-base. It's just so forced and contrived.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

LateToTheParty posted:

I get annoyed when people give a "name" to their fan-base. It's just so forced and contrived.

Are Trekkies forced, or is that a Star Wars thing?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are Trekkies forced, or is that a Star Wars thing?

I think it's the difference between fans giving themselves a name versus the creator(s) assigning their fans a name. It's like how nobody can ever really give themselves a nickname.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Note to self: Don't open with that joke.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

LateToTheParty posted:

Is that a "thing" for multiple Internet people? All I can recall off the top of my head is the Angry Army (which has alliteration going for it, which is nice, though it's no Barney Army).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Game Grumps call their fans 'lovelies' :shobon:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
CJacobs refers to his fans as the CJacobites.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

CJacobs refers to his fans as the CJacobites.

I don't have any of those so I don't think I have to worry about it v:v:v

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

A friend of mine said that I shouldn't get famous on YouTube because then all my fans would be called TARDs.

Then he thought for a few seconds and told me to become YouTube famous.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
GhettoGaming calls her fans Chicken McNigglets.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Day[9] has his Day Knights.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DSP calls his fans "banned."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

DSP calls his fans "trolls."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
If I had fans I would call them inferior.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

chitoryu12 posted:

DSP calls his fans "banned."

:golfclap:

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
Dave_o and the Ensos, always chilling on the infinite couch.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
And let's not forget PewDiePie and his "bros", a word that in most contexts on the Internet these days is used as an insulting stereotype. That may be one of those contexts; it's not for me to say.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

One of the few lpers I truly don't mind is Nerd3. Are his fans 'procrastinators'?

Also, any time he plays a game with his dad, it's awesome.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm not sure if it counts but as I recall, Tobuscus refers to his fans as "audience".

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I'm not sure if it counts but as I recall, Tobuscus refers to his fans as "audience".

Well, that makes sense, right? The first thing you're taught in school about publishing anything at all, is that you need to cater to your intended audience. This person just uses the term in a literal way.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
It's different from a fanbase nickname, but the goon that did the recent Batman LPs called viewers inmates. That was a nice touch.

e: Though that double doesn't count since this is the Outside-SA LP crap shoot thread.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 1, 2015

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

PhazonLink posted:

It's different from a fanbase nickname, but the goon that did the recent Batman LPs called viewers inmates. That was a nice touch.

e: Though that double doesn't count since this is the Outside-SA LP crap shoot thread.
Viewers were "mes amis" for his Monaco LP, too.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Having a name for your audience is cool.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
When I make it big on the youtubes, I plan to call my audience "loving retarded assholes why don't you ever shut up, oh my god"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

One of the few lpers I truly don't mind is Nerd3. Are his fans 'procrastinators'?

Also, any time he plays a game with his dad, it's awesome.

I'm a fan of Dan. He doesn't do the "screaming with no editing" thing, so he's already pretty high up there for purely Youtube LPers in my book. But he's also genuinely funny and pretty much only plays what interests him instead of jumping on the bandwagons. Until he started having issues with the series (I think copyright?), he did Three Free Games Friday to give more publicity to free indie games.

I personally think his full LP of Bully: Scholarship Edition might be the best LP done of that game so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I personally think his full LP of Bully: Scholarship Edition might be the best LP done of that game so far.

I'm going to have to check that out, thanks.

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
On a completely unrelated note; Tay Zonday (known for making Chocolate Rain) tried streaming and it's just a cacophony which he doesn't seem to notice for quite a long time.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm going to have to check that out, thanks.

Same, both because I really like Bully as a game but also because I'm a huge fan of VIvaVizer's LP of Bully and want to see how this compares. Never heard of Nerd3 before (I haven't spent much time watching mainly youtube lpers.)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Samiz posted:

On a completely unrelated note; Tay Zonday (known for making Chocolate Rain) tried streaming and it's just a cacophony which he doesn't seem to notice for quite a long time.

how is any element of this real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Samiz posted:

Cacophony-aside, this is the epitome of a stream that is kind of pointless. Like... granted, it's weird to just watch people play videogames online in the first place, but then you find some people you like watching, you kind of look past it, and this brings it right back. He seems, at least from the very beginning, painfully uninteresting. Like, why bother?

• Locked thread