Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

God to know he is as lovely at booking a Rumble as he is at dressing.

I heard the Rumble was bad though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

michael hayes is a lovely fucker

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

keevo posted:

Is there anything Michael Hayes is good at?

I've watched a lot of wrestling documentaries produced by totally unbiased sources and I can say that Hayes is the best talker and showman of all time. He also invented the idea of entrance music and charisma. Easily too 5 for all-time sex appeal.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

michael hayes is a lovely fucker

He's a real minute man.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Michael Hayes is very good at being the first person you see in the movie Highlander.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I've watched a lot of wrestling documentaries produced by totally unbiased sources and I can say that Hayes is the best talker and showman of all time. He also invented the idea of entrance music and charisma. Easily too 5 for all-time sex appeal.

Didn't he also invent the powerbomb and the concept of tag team wrestling?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Freebirds were a pretty cool team and it's a testament to Michael Hayes that he's managed to make them less cool by running that "I'm a Freebird!" poo poo into the ground.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's probably a better analogy but that's the first thing that came to mind.

It only fits if Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan run out to make the save at the end only for Ziggler to turn heel off camera and attack Bryan for no reason and have the entire match and everyone in it immediately upstaged by Great Khali dressed as a mummy who dryhumps everyone in the ring while Cole and JBL put him over like Stone Cold.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Authorman posted:

It only fits if Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan run out to make the save at the end only for Ziggler to turn heel off camera and attack Bryan for no reason and have the entire match and everyone in it immediately upstaged by Great Khali dressed as a mummy who dryhumps everyone in the ring while Cole and JBL put him over like Stone Cold.

It's a YET-AY God drat it! And Kevin Sullivan said he was hired because he owned the name Big Sexy which he licensed to Nash!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

According to Court Bauer and Alex Greenfield, that was a Rumble booked by Michael Hayes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Michael Hayes is good at being in every Monday Night Wars episode and every wrestler's behind the scenes look "beyond the mat" documentary.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

keevo posted:

He was funny when they were making "Nobody likes Free Birds?" jokes on the JBL and Cole show.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Easily too 5 for all-time sex appeal.

One could say that he's Pretty Sexy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Michael Hayes is the only person who has ever made me drop my mouth open in shock, in any media ever.

On the CM Punk DVD, he's one of the talking heads, and he said "Everyone knew Punk was good, but there were some people in the head office who didn't agree, and did what they could to hold him down."

When Michael Hayes was literally one of those people. :aaaaa:

It takes a special level of revisionist history to say there was a problem you were part of, and that you were not part of the problem. :eng99:

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
Has this been posted yet? Looked back a few pages and didn't see it.

Because, uhhh... somebody hosed for the Universal HD cut of Raw and left in a rough cut of the Bryan interview which ended with him discussing the script with a writer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nK7ZL6c-C4

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
You just know Hayes has that painting in his house, hanging over his bed.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michael Hayes is super good at taking credit for poo poo he had nothing to do with

See every legends roundtable for examples, since he's in all of them and innovated whatever it is they're talking about that week

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 1, 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RetroHelix posted:

Because, uhhh... somebody hosed for the Universal HD cut of Raw and left in a rough cut of the Bryan interview which ended with him discussing the script with a writer.

Uh, hearing wrestlers be like "how was that?" when asking about how they said lines people wrote for them is so sad.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

GrimGypsy posted:

If they ever did a brand split again, Lana would make a great GM for Smackdown.

Is it wrong I want her to be dressed in full military garb and be some sort of dictator of Smackdown? Not GM. Dictator Ruler General of Smackdown, Lana. Like M. Bison. Only Lana.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RetroHelix posted:

That was pretty cool, if a little disconcerting to get a peek "behind the curtain" like that.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Jerusalem posted:

That was pretty cool, if a little disconcerting to get a peek "behind the curtain" like that.

He looked really tired after the take.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I didn't say pro wrestling, don't try to pin that on me.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

So that shows pretty much Daniels job is to put over reigns

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh, hearing wrestlers be like "how was that?" when asking about how they said lines people wrote for them is so sad.

From the sound of it, Bryan's actually given a loose outline. He was asking if that run was better because of how he was pushing Roman out then Putting him over after, but the guy was asking Bryan to compromise by saying wrestling a little less.

Looks like he might have a little leeway with his script.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Red posted:

You just know Hayes has that painting in his house, hanging over his bed.

that is a positive

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

RetroHelix posted:

"BUT YOU PUT HIM BACK OVER"

Man, you can just visualize Punk's exasperated argument with regards to that 3 on 1 match with the Shield now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Michael Hayes wants to be a second rate Ron Perlman SO bad! Also gently caress those jeans are awful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite Hayes claim is him being fully responsible for Taker Michaels 1 at Mania. Yeah, you were the agent and maybe you did get them more time, but I think the fact that the two guys in the ring are both top 5 GOAT contenders probably helped a bit more.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

keevo posted:

Sucking up to Vince and HHH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite Hayes claim is him being fully responsible for Taker Michaels 1 at Mania. Yeah, you were the agent and maybe you did get them more time, but I think the fact that the two guys in the ring are both top 5 GOAT contenders probably helped a bit more.

That and the match having been teased since the 2007 Rumble.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Michael Hayes wearing JNCOs will never not be funny.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

My favorite basketball team, the Memphis Grizzlies, had a Wrestling Night. It was amazing. There was a ring set up in the area reserved for the house band, and Lawler beat some jobber billed from OKC (they were playing the Oklahoma City Thunder). The Grizzlyweight Championship Belt is shockingly nice for a free giveaway, too. Pleather and solid metal for the faceplates. (totally worth getting there an hour before the doors opened and three hours before tip)

I'm just really happy that the team embraces the wrestling heritage Memphis has.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i hope michael hayes sticks around forever as triple h's own pat patterson

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

NickRoweFillea posted:

My favorite basketball team, the Memphis Grizzlies, had a Wrestling Night. It was amazing. There was a ring set up in the area reserved for the house band, and Lawler beat some jobber billed from OKC (they were playing the Oklahoma City Thunder). The Grizzlyweight Championship Belt is shockingly nice for a free giveaway, too. Pleather and solid metal for the faceplates. (totally worth getting there an hour before the doors opened and three hours before tip)

I'm just really happy that the team embraces the wrestling heritage Memphis has.

Man I wish that I could have been in Memphis for that game. I wonder what those belts are going to go for on ebay...

How big are the belts?

purkey fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 1, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

purkey posted:

Man I wish that I could have been in Memphis for that game. I wonder what those belts are going to go for on ebay...

How big are the belts?

They're not, you know, HUGE like an actual championship belt, but they're a decent size. Kinda like the NWA title. It looks really good prominently displayed with all my other Grizz memorabilia.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

NickRoweFillea posted:

They're not, you know, HUGE like an actual championship belt, but they're a decent size. Kinda like the NWA title. It looks really good prominently displayed with all my other Grizz memorabilia.

Welp going to buy one and cut a drunken promo on my Spurs fan friends if they meet in the playoffs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Michael Hayes is the reason Texas should be handed back to the Mexicans.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

i hope michael hayes sticks around forever as triple h's own pat patterson

I think Hayes would have to be good at something to be a Pat Patterson for someone, unless this is an elaborate setup for a gay joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Daniel Bryan posted:

Sgt Slaughter was interviewed a few days ago and said people were mad Bryan was eliminated from the Rumble because they couldn't chant Yes anymore.

Can I just go back to this post for a second? Because I wonder if Sgt. Slaughter remembers that he was part of possibly the single biggest disaster in Wrestlemania history. Or that said disaster involved a wrestler being drastically overpushed for his talent level inside a very short window of time as part of a storyline with no credibility that everyone hated so much it destroyed both the buyrate and the live gate.

I wonder if he also remembers that two much more popular wrestlers, including one who was among the best overall performers in the world in his era, were relegated to having a midcard match against each other while said overpushed wrestler was taking their main event spot. Or that said midcard match ended up being easily match of the night and the emotional climax of the show, thereby even further burying the complete failure of a main event.

But no, I'm sure Sarge is right and people just like chanting Yes. No throwing stones from inside a glass house going on here.

• Locked thread