Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Sometimes NPCs get no names ever:

I was playing in a Harnmaster campaign and we'd basically started a revolution in the main city on the island (Coranan for those who give a poo poo) that ended up sweeping over the island in a wave of turmoil that none of us had predicted. During the bloody revolt where we overthrew the city council, the GM gave us a mob of people who we could vaguely control via rhetoric and oratory rolls. "Let's go take over the town square! Let's go seize the gatehouses! Let's go sack the Senate! Etc"

When the dust settled, the fires put out and us successfully in control of the city, the GM gave us a d20 roll to give us the most hardcore and fanatical followers. A twenty was rolled and thus the Kuzeme 20 was born, named after the final sack of Caer Kuseme, the last stronghold of the existing government.

After that, we used the Kuseme 20 as a hard core strike team to speedgame through some loose ends we wanted wrapped up but didn't want to play out.

"We send the Kuseme 20 after the rebel general."

"Okay. Rolls.The Kuseme 15 return victorious."

"We send them after the evil sorcerer holding the northern border."

"Okay. Rolls. The Kuseme 7 return successfully."

"We send them after the Thieve's Guild to clean out the City."

"Okay. Rolls. The Kuseme 1 returns bloodied."

We decided that he was the hardest core warrior/assassin who ever lived at that point and retired him to live in the highlands. Later on, I played a street urchin who searched him out to study to be an assassin under him and we had some adventures together, but he always remained the Kuseme One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

The Crotch posted:

a fantastic story

Your group owns, congrats on being Good Roleplayers. High-stakes conflict and drama like this is fantastic if when it doesn't A) spill over into real-life hurt feelings or B) end up being swept under the rug in the name of cooperation and avoiding the A variant. Hats off for managing to do it in a cool way that leaves a satisfying conclusion.

Also if Illia's player rolls a new character, you now have her as an NPC, growing a new body somewhere and stewing in bitter fury at being betrayed. Ex-PC's make the best antagonists.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

chitoryu12 posted:

Tried to use that generator to create myself a random African name.

Tumelo Ekundayo Obama.

"This country was just fine til you showed up with your "Universal Clerical Healing" and let elves marry orcs!!! THANKS, OBAMA!!!!" :argh: :911:

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Anyone have any stories about a meta game gone well? Like a game where people are playing a game where the people in the game are playing a different game?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
The party in my 13th Age campaign played in a game of Warball once. It was mostly a reflavored combat encounter with the addition of using skill checks to move the ball around.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Swags posted:

Anyone have any stories about a meta game gone well? Like a game where people are playing a game where the people in the game are playing a different game?

There was a game of Mage once where our party had to sit down with a computer-hacker Mage and cheat/outplay a group of Technocracy hacker-mages in a MOBA.

We played out the MOBA while also playing out our characters cheating in various ways and it was an absolute blast. It ended when my character sent an electronic insult so hard he exploded one of the other Mage's heads, because Forces can do that when your GM is lenient, it seems.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

bathroomrage posted:

There was a game of Mage once where our party had to sit down with a computer-hacker Mage and cheat/outplay a group of Technocracy hacker-mages in a MOBA.

We played out the MOBA while also playing out our characters cheating in various ways and it was an absolute blast. It ended when my character sent an electronic insult so hard he exploded one of the other Mage's heads, because Forces can do that when your GM is lenient, it seems.

To be fair, that might not have happened because of magic. That happens to real MOBA players all the time, which is why insults get you punished.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Entering a new RPG group: I walk into the working men's club, greeted by the Hits Of The Seventies dukebox. I know my herd-to-be instantly, as the flock of Stereotype look up, local ale foaming their neckbeards, a still-glossy copy of D&D 5e on the table betwixt. The alhpa male bellows the ritual challenge, scattering many a goat from within his beard: "Mahhhhhhntiiiie?!"

I accept my place. I bow my head, play my role. The Omega-nerd, gently lowing:

"He is the Moon."

This is the way it has always been.

This is the way it shall always be.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Swags posted:

I ran a Monsterhearts once where the characters played a game of Truth or Dare.

Which, when you're in high school, is yet another level of game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
More Spirit of 77 hijinx this week in "Diamonds are Whatever".

Bolstered by her experiences in the Jurassic Parking Lot, C.R. Deveraux became a proponent of Religitology. Her latest gig was working with Jolene at the car wash, a place where they might never get rich*.

In line with her new religious beliefs, Cassie-Rebel had recruited 15 members of the Salthill Casuals. The gang, a collection of angry, scarf-wearing soccer hooligans, was more than useful in solving three non-mysteries:
-Cassie tried to teach herself Spanish by watching translations of the electric company. (Instead she just learned her ABCs in spanish).
-Faith healing looks very similar to a mix of medical care and bullying
-The cashier of a hula burger WILL shut the place down if you have PI credentials.

Also southerners and brits will, with little warning, absorb each other's accents.

*But still it's better than digging a ditch.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 9, 2023

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012

Swags posted:

Played in a D&D game where the characters all played Truth or Dare to amuse a bored noble's daughter and her friends. It was pretty great, a fun way to flesh out the characters and their relationships, while the PCs tried to avoid saying anything that would upset the noble whose castle they were staying in. I don't remember the details, but a highlight was the twelve year old daughter asking "what's the meanest thing you've ever done?" of the drow assassin.

Everyone had fun, except for one player who refused to get into the spirit of things, and just acquiesced to his dares and answered his truths in the blandest way possible, then left half way through.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I will have to remember that trick, it sounds like a great way to break the ice and develop some characters.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Sally Forth posted:

Played in a D&D game where the characters all played Truth or Dare to amuse a bored noble's daughter and her friends. It was pretty great, a fun way to flesh out the characters and their relationships, while the PCs tried to avoid saying anything that would upset the noble whose castle they were staying in. I don't remember the details, but a highlight was the twelve year old daughter asking "what's the meanest thing you've ever done?" of the drow assassin.

Everyone had fun, except for one player who refused to get into the spirit of things, and just acquiesced to his dares and answered his truths in the blandest way possible, then left half way through.

... and what did the drow say, pray tell? :allears:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

the_steve posted:

Hell, an RPG system based off of Neverwhere would be pretty interesting.
Throw in some sort of Sanity-based mechanic where you have to decide whether you're going crazy or not, ala the one test for the key.

There's a bunch of fan-made Neverwhere games, and there's also Underworld, which is actually based on Neverwhere: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Underworld-RPG-Adventure-Subterranean-Fantasy/dp/0970082177

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hyphz posted:

There's a bunch of fan-made Neverwhere games, and there's also Underworld, which is actually based on Neverwhere: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Underworld-RPG-Adventure-Subterranean-Fantasy/dp/0970082177

It's not called Underwhere? A shame, that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Echophonic posted:

It's not called Underwhere? A shame, that.
Neverwhere underwhere.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's going on my wishlist regardless. Thanks for the link.

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

... and what did the drow say, pray tell? :allears:

Well the swordmage jumped in very quickly with "meanest child friendly thing you've ever done!" and then there was a quick whispered debate to establish what exactly child friendly constituted on the surface (protip: no matter what your mother told you, torturing people to death is not child friendly. Yes, even if they're elves). Eventually everyone agreed he was a great big jerk that one time he lied to his friends, without specifying what exactly he lied about (his identity, that his family were trying to murder them, whether he was going to help them deal with said family or just run the gently caress away) and he was very sorry about it, wasn't he? Wasn't he?

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Sally Forth posted:

That is absolutely brilliant! Also, screw the fun-hater, sounds like he'd have been no fun anyway.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ran a Spirit of the Century game set in 1914. One hero kept mouthing off, pissing off both a newsie Tough and the head of the same paper, another player's dad; one flew his jetpack onto the top of a van, which crashed when a third hero threw down an improvised spike strip; one kept pickpocketing people and threw others into the way; the last had a mix of getting people into and out of trouble with their gadgets, notably getting jumped by 15 newsies while trailing dollar bills behind her street-legal tractor.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's a guy in my D&D group who's a big fantasy reader, and reads a lot of those doorstopper series where a fantasy teen discovers his destiny and navigates an insanely dense cast of vowel-hogging political figures. His character is Trogdor the Dragonborn Fighter, who is a barely contained ball of violence and murder. Does anyone else find people play completely different characters to what you'd expect?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My ex girlfriend is a caring and kind nurse in training whose usual PCs are axe wielding murdermachines, demon cultists, and terrifying mutants.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I game with several BJJ and Muay Thai fighters, two of whom have won national level competitions. When they play RPGs, they like to win without fighting and will build their characters accordingly. Doesn't matter if it's "I'll sneak to the goal!" or "We can negotiate instead of fighting" or "I have a cunning plan to win by trickery" (or occasionally "I will kill dudes by stealth and avoid toe-to-toe fights"). It's kinda weird, but cool anyway.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I play in an Apocalypse World game with a retired Army colonel and his wife, among other players. He plays a psychic, pansexual, fetish-gear wearing David Bowie lookalike. I was not expecting that.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
It's almost like RPGs are an excuse to explore aspects of yourself that can't get much real-life time! :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

petrol blue posted:

It's almost like RPGs are an excuse to explore aspects of yourself that can't get much real-life time! :v:

Well, obviously. Back when my arthritis was relatively untreated because I didn't have insurance (Thanks, Obama! I'm super glad to have good health insurance now!) I played a lot of very physically capable and agile characters because I, myself, couldn't move very well and was constantly sore.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
S'why I play smart and capable characters! :haw:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm agnostic, but find myself playing a lot of religiously devout characters, and Paladins are actually among my favorite classes to play (long as the GM isn't an rear end in a top hat about it)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

petrol blue posted:

There's something a bit sad about someone who can't make any sort of PC that isn't just a self insert but with X (with magic, with gun, whatever)

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Ronwayne posted:

There's something a bit sad about someone who can't make any sort of PC that isn't just a self insert but with X (with magic, with gun, whatever)

I kinda disagree with that. I get where you're coming from if it was "me with a wand", but isn't "How would I feel/react if I was that age/race/sex/etc." how you figure out how anyone will react to stuff - empathy?

I don't think there's really a definite answer either way, and I'm worried that this argument ends up with me shouting about my immersion being ruined, so can we not derail?

Currently smoking:

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

This time, I'm going to tell the story of my greatest gaming shame. Literally the worst session of anything I've ever run, even worse than the stupid DMPC poo poo I pulled when I was thirteen. What gnaws on me whenever I think about it is just how incredibly easy it would have been to avoid, but I was younger and dumber back then.

It was during my long-running 3E/3.5 D&D game. I'd managed to plan ahead enough that I'd built up a backlog of prepared adventures, so I was pretty pleased with myself. Normally, my players had a ton of choice in the campaign in terms of where they wanted to go next in the campaign world and what kind of goals they wanted to pursue, but during the individual sessions they'd usually just be presented with a single adventure hook leading to a single prepared adventure. I wasn't big on improvising stuff, because I generally put a lot of effort into making balanced and tactically interesting encounters. Since I had a backlog, though, and I had two adventures that worked with minimal reskinning for the area they were going to, I figured I'd offer the players a rare choice in terms of which hook they wanted to follow first.

That was a mistake.

The party trundled up to the city-state of Kirev (loosely based on medieval Russia), currently under occupation by the forces of the Terror of the North, the orc warlord King Sluz. Kirev is the historical home of one of the campaign world's major orders of paladins, to which one of the PCs belonged, so they were determined to liberate the city and drive back the orc forces from the area.

King Sluz was mostly interested in the area because of the high-quality iron mines in the area. He enslaved Kirev's population to work in the mines, providing the ore he needed to support his war efforts southward, deeper into human-held lands. He had one lieutenant overseeing the mines, and another lieutenant who took over a military tower just outside the city, from which they could project force and keep tight control over the area.

After a brief skirmish that left an orc patrol dead, the PCs slipped by the orc lines and made contact with a bedraggled resistance group in the city. They explain the two sources of orc power in the area - the tower and the mines - and the fact that the two groups maintain strong communication lines between each other. Take out one group, the other will wreak punitive violence against the weakened and frightened populace of Kirev as soon as it becomes clear something's happened to the other group... A matter of hours at the most. And because of the dead patrol which would be expected to report in soon, they really needed to leave sooner than later or else forces would be sent from both locations to ruin the city.

My intention here was to stress the idea that they needed to act quickly and decisively. Once they take out one location, they'll probably not have time for a full rest, so they should plan the use of their resources accordingly. The two adventures, put together, would become something of a gauntlet they had to run.

Now, my group was never the most decisive. When discussing plans or decisions, it would be like pulling teeth to get them to stay on topic; conversations would meander from topic to topic, no matter how unrelated they might be to the matter at hand. Despite the fact that tackling the mines first or the tower first was essentially a blind choice with no right or wrong answer, I knew it would take them a while to resolve it. I thought I was ready for it. Oh, god...

The discussion started off fine. It began to degrade as PCs started taking turns playing devil's advocate. They agreed they didn't have a lot of strategic information to go on, but instead of say flipping a coin or something that just made them dig their heels in deeper. The argument continued to degrade and bleed over to the out-of-game side of things, so that players were getting red-faced and angry. Everyone was frustrated, except for me - I was flabbergasted. This was not what I was expecting, I figured I'd just have to patiently wait for them to finish their usual dithering. Shouting at each other? Unexpected.

And the longer it went on, the less able I felt to intervene. At the time I was of the mind that in-game decisions should be left to the players, so I allowed the discussion to play out at first figuring that it was just the natural course of things. As the argument grew and things began getting out of hand, I became proportionately embarrassed. The longer it went on, the less I felt able to intervene, because why didn't I intervene five minutes ago? Or five minutes before that? Really, all it would have taken me is to say, "Guys, it's okay. Calm down. There's no wrong answer here. Just flip a coin or something, you'll just need to do both dungeons back-to-back so it doesn't really matter which one you do first."

That's it. Ten, fifteen seconds of talking to the players like we were all human beings, rather that trying to remain aloof in my GM mode. :smithicide:

I don't know exactly how long it kept going. I can make an estimate, though. See, one of my players at the time had a part-time job at the local exhibition centre where he'd work concessions on sportsgame nights, and when that took place when we played, he'd excuse himself go to work his shift. A 3-hour shift, but he'd usually be done in two. Including travel time, he'd be absent for about 2.5 hours.

When he left, they'd been arguing for twenty minutes or so. When he got back, nothing had been resolved. He actually didn't believe us at first, thought we were pulling his leg. I don't think any of us had realized just how much of the game night we'd wasted until he got back, so I think his return embarrassed everyone into just picking a destination and running with it because the argument didn't last long after his return.

We can laugh about it now (at least, the players I've kept in touch with - can't speak for everyone), but when I went home that night I typed up half a resignation to the mailing list. Didn't send it, though - instead I promised myself I'd never so completely lose control of the flow of play like that again. I think this is one of the reasons most of us took so readily to Burning Wheel when we discovered that game... Even the most entrenched positions could be resolved in a duel of wits.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

petrol blue posted:

I kinda disagree with that. I get where you're coming from if it was "me with a wand", but isn't "How would I feel/react if I was that age/race/sex/etc." how you figure out how anyone will react to stuff - empathy?

I don't think there's really a definite answer either way, and I'm worried that this argument ends up with me shouting about my immersion being ruined, so can we not derail?

Currently smoking:

Yeah, I meant the former, literally :effort: +wizard

It CAN work in zombie games, and sometimes paranoia.

and sorry about the derail. Done.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
I missed DMPC chat by a few pages, but hell it's always DMPC time. And our friend Bob has good DMPCs.

We once visited a village which seemed to be stuck in a time loop. The villagers would just repeat the same day over and over. The only other person there who was aware of this was a passing elven bard, who got himself half-stuck in the loop. He still had his free will, but would wake up in the village inn every time he fell asleep, no matter where he was. We figured out the cause of the loop, some kind of cracked crystal ball in an old wizard tower nearby, but couldn't quite figure out how to get the bard unstuck. The four of us unanimously decided we hate him for no real reason, and abandon him to his fate.

A few ingame weeks later, we're in a tribal jungle village, about to be sacrificed to some giant monster, King Kong-style. The head priest reveals himself as the bard, who starts explaining how he got out of the village and why he's a shaman of a jungle tribe, but we just tell him to shut up and sacrifice us already. A freaking T-Rex lumbers out of the trees, ready to eat us. The rogue slips his bonds, cuts ours loose, and we cast Hold Person on the bard and run, leaving him alone on a raised platform with a hungry dinosaur.

We later find ourselves shipwrecked on a small island. In a cave by the seaside, we once again find the bard, flailing around in the grip of a giant octopus. He begs us to help him, and that he knows of a secret teleporter on the island that will bring us back to the mainland. We shrug and say we'll figure it out, and walk away without even drawing weapons. I think that was the last time we ever saw him before the campaign fell apart.

Thokk was Bob's first 3.5e D&D character ever, a by-the-books half-orc fighter. Greataxe, fullplate, 3 intelligence, etc. Due to his DM believing that +x on a piece of gear meant that it was intended for characters of level x, Thokk is kitted out with +8-12-equivalent gear across the board at level 11. Figuring "why waste an already-made character," Thokk showed up here and there throughout whatever game Bob was running, always as a non-combat character thank god. Whenever Bob needed an NPC he hadn't put any thought into, like generic guards or whatever, he'd eventually pull out the Thokk sheet. He'd usually be a nice guy, answer in broken English whatever questions we had, and that was that.

In one game, Thokk ran a failing little general store near the center of town. Nobody ever bought anything, because he was 7 feet tall and wore his jet-black spiked fullplate all the time. We felt bad so we vowed that we'd go to him for any supplies we might need, no matter what. After an adventure in the sewers, the halfling rogue needed a new outfit. He went in the back room and returned with a child's pink frilly ballet outfit, with tutu, tights, and flat-toed slippers. She started to complain, then he showed her all the pockets sewn on the inside to hold whatever thievery things she might need, somehow without being noticeable from the outside. She took it and we went about our business. There were a few other things he sold us that were half-blessing half-curse, but the only other one I can remember is the animated polar bear-fur cloak, who could barely move but was perfectly happy to let us wear him as long as the wearer ate fish once a day.

A few days later, the tutu gets torn but she's getting tired of everyone making fun of her so she just wears her leather armor over her underwear and leaves the thing balled up in the corner under the bed at the inn. We leave town and go investigate bandits or something. We find them on the road, and due to a series of bad rolls, are on the verge of death. Bob's trying to come up with a way to give us some kind of advantage, when the rogue speaks up to try and help him out "Uh hey I see dust up the road the way we came. Looks like someone's coming to help." Bob takes the prompt and tells us we hear vague shouting. We and the bandits both stop to watch this approaching dust cloud, until we can make out what's being yelled. "YOU FORGOT YOUR DREEEEESSSSS" as Thokk comes barreling down the road at top speed, holding a tattered pile of pink silk in front of him. The bandits panic and run, and we get ourselves patched up. Rogue sighs and thanks him for bringing it back, and he heads back while we continue on to wherever.

Since then, everyone in our group who DMs has used Thokk as a shopkeeper whenever possible. He's dumb and loud but (according to his character sheet) has 29 charisma somehow so we just can't bring ourselves to not love him.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I considered myself a wizard player when 3E was the current edition, but in 4E and Dungeon World I can't seem to get away from playing melee brutes in systems where they're viable.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So after having got in touch with eachother after like.. 10 years apart my old DnD group reconnected through the internet and played our old campaign.

The reason this is notable is that every party member was epic level and basically demigods at this point. I mean really epic level. Exp had spread out over the long campaign, but everyone was above level 30. Two characters had divine rank (only 1, but still). This was 3.5 DnD and each and every player was some horrible mess of at least 3 classes with templates and every single one of us was a combat monster.

Our DM expected us to do epic level adventures, run kingdoms, fight gods, ect. Here is what we did instead.

Shirtless beach volleyball

One of the first things our characters decided to do is retire. Normally this means your done playing the character, but the situation/world we were in basically means we are stepping down from our positions in the adventuring guild and doing our own thing from now on. We were all strong enough to be the leaders our respective organizations, and the point was brought up how we would find replacements.

Discussions of grueling trails and political things start. Eventually the idea that our replacements would have to compete with us directly is brought up, and agreed upon to be the best solution. The problem being that nobody is gonna be able to compete with us. Our 1/2 insane illusionist jokingly suggests a sports match. Everyone agrees. We ask what sport. It takes like 5 seconds for everyone to suggest beach volleyball.

Our group completely lacks any form of subtlety, so they announce that a contest will be held for the leadership slots of the guild. They spare the specifics, but the contest is open to ANYONE. The guild leader position was a big deal so naturally everyone and there mom was gunning for it.
Cue 1 week later as literally thousands of unsuspecting people line up to play what the locals describe as "net ball"

Game turned into what was basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNR_HofJ_Fs for 2 hours. Shirts were banned.

The one issue was that our party had 6 members, and teams were of 5. My character (a psion demi lich) was not part of the guild so I assumed I was not involved in this.
I was informed as the first game started that I was the ball.

The new guild leaders were the only people who remained reasonably unharmed after having an epic level (shirtless) berserker spike a demi lich at them.

Next time I get motivation to post- The universe's first themepark, Poker of the damned, and "stop using the physical manifestation of entropy as a garbage chute"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Double Monocle posted:

"stop using the physical manifestation of entropy as a garbage chute"

why on earth would we ever stop doing that? That's what entropy is!

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Motherfucker posted:

why on earth would we ever stop doing that? That's what entropy is!

Indeed.
In fact, one might claim a 'physical manifestation of entropy' is simply a fire - I'm not aware of any type of energy lower on the quality-ladder than Heat, so a fire would certainly hasten entropy, and I'd claim it's outright a symbol of it.
So I figure they're just throwing thrash into a fire - which seems fine to me, if perhaps a bit unhealthy with regards to the fumes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sworder posted:

In one game, Thokk ran a failing little general store near the center of town. Nobody ever bought anything, because he was 7 feet tall and wore his jet-black spiked fullplate all the time.

Okay, I was sold on this and then it only got better. That was wonderful.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Some more out of context nonsense from last session in our wild west 13th age campaign

GM (me): "The [robotaizing] chamber is about 5 feet long"
Half-Orc gun whisperer: "Well, I'll never be robotisized"

(After tricking with a contract signed under somewhat false pretenses to get a ton of magic rock from a dwarf who is also a PC's dad)
Half-ORC Gun Whisperer: "I sneak behind him and knock him out." (Rolls a 27). "I put him in the minecart".
(Conveniently the dwarf's son wasn't there this session)

Me (to undead gnome necromancer): "Did you just say you literally roll your eyes at him,?"

"I write out a telegram that says "These guys are cool. XOXO - Mabus Firespark" [The BBG]

Half-Orc Gun Whisperer (I think): "Is there anyone we can hire who hasn't tried to kill us?"

Kolbold Sorcerer (Skinned as a snake oil saleswoman): "But yes, I refuse to dig up dead bodies. Not in my job description."

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Foolster41 posted:

Half-Orc Gun Whisperer (I think): "Is there anyone we can hire who hasn't tried to kill us?"

"Now, I know certain words were exchanged last time. ...Also certain bullets."