Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Hey, I'm here. By the way, this poo poo's not gonna work."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Viral can't die, then the moon crashing into Earth is really gonna loving suck for him.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
DESPAIR

e: oh hi yoko

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh yeah remember Yoko?

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh hey Yoko

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
AAAAAWWWWW poo poo, NIGGA!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Best line

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rhonne posted:

If Viral can't die, then the moon crashing into Earth is really gonna loving suck for him.
He's unaging and immune to all disease and illness, intended to catalog humanity's deeds. He's not invulnerable. A moon destroying the surface would do him in just fine I think

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

JT Jag posted:

He's unaging and immune to all disease and illness, intended to catalog humanity's deeds. He's not invulnerable. A moon destroying the surface would do him in just fine I think

He's been shown to have regenerative powers too, I believe.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhonne posted:

Yeah he got really shafted with the immortality deal, Hob from the Sandman really got the perfect form of immortality. You stay young and alive until you don't want it anymore

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Viral is cool

Kittan is cool

Rossiu is suffering

Yoko is cool

This is a good episode

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Nah, you saw earlier that he instantly regenerates all wounds, so unless the moon crash incinerates him instantly he'll just come right back.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

And it's kinda justified, until just before all this poo poo started no one knew poo poo about poo poo regarding how Spiral Power and all that stuff worked

Kinda sucks that they hooked up Lordgenome's head-computer like literally the day after everything went to poo poo. If they had gotten it done like a month earlier, they could've asked him what he meant about the moon and then addressed the world "EVERYBODY STOP loving RIGHT NOW" and worked on a contingency plan for this poo poo

Rhonne posted:

Sure but after the couple of billion of years or so then maybe he'll get to see new life rise on Earth. Should be a fun time.

Then in a couple more billion years he can tell the future human/new intelligent species about that rear end in a top hat Spiral King that caused this poo poo.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 1, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Maleketh posted:

He's been shown to have regenerative powers too, I believe.
His body works better than it did before, it's part of the deal, but I don't think he's completely deathless.

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, you saw earlier that he instantly regenerates all wounds, so unless the moon crash incinerates him instantly he'll just come right back.
Fair, he probably works under Wolverine rules in that regard

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
biceps on his :stare:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dead center, ganta gun, biceps on cocks, etc.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

oh, right, the Twins

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Kinda sucks that they hooked up Lordgenome's head-computer like literally the day after everything went to poo poo. If they had gotten it done like a day earlier, they could've asked him what he meant about the moon and then addressed the world "EVERYBODY STOP loving RIGHT NOW"

Wasn't the rule that it would activate if a million people walked the Earth? What if there were more than a million people on Earth, but most of them stayed underground?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't the rule that it would activate if a million people walked the Earth? What if there were more than a million people on Earth, but most of them stayed underground?

That's pretty much how it was, and one reason Lordgenome didn't want humans on the surface.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

More than a million on the surface

The rule was put on place to keep humans from breaching the sky. If Rossiu had know, they could have focused on making kickass subterranean and underwater cities and only having people on the surface for transportation purposes.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

literally mile-high tidal waves of molten lava

every drop of water on the planet's surface reaching quintuple the boiling temperature at once and flash-frying everything within several dozen kilometers of the coastlines instantly, mere moments before it all gets incinerated anyway

i think he's hosed

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rhonne posted:

IIRC it was bringing humans still underground onto the surface that set off the 1 million counter.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

IIRC it was bringing humans still underground onto the surface that set off the 1 million counter.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. Rossiu forcing those people to the surface when they just wanted to go back underground was what really hosed them all over.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Genocyber posted:

That, plus Nia's demon baby I think?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Genocyber posted:

Isn't it pretty clearly supposed to be Kiyoh's baby that's #1,000,000?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
what was that tree doing there anyway

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

Isn't it pretty clearly supposed to be Kiyoh's baby that's #1,000,000?

Yeah it is, but the people coming up from underground certainly didn't help matters.

e: Of course it's also Lordgenome's fault, since he apparently had a system around that could just broadcast to all the underground cities at any time. Getting people to the surface probably would've taken decades if there wasn't a system in place to let people know immediately when the war was over and the Beastmen were defeated.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 1, 2015

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is it ever stated it has anything to do with being above ground? Because I always thought forcing the humans underground was just to limit population growth.

Of course, only seven years isn't a lot of time to realistically increase that, but I assumed the show was just fudging the math there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

AAAAAWWWWW poo poo, NIGGA!

Wait, they put Boondocks into the lineup? :haw:

MrAristocrates posted:

Is it ever stated it has anything to do with being above ground? Because I always thought forcing the humans underground was just to limit population growth.

Of course, only seven years isn't a lot of time to realistically increase that, but I assumed the show was just fudging the math there.
I was always under the impression that the number ment Humans alive at any one time under or overground and for as long as Lordgenome was doing things the Beastmen stomping around in mechs, causing cave ins, killing any human who made it to the surface and other situations like forcing people topside to do the Long Walk like Rossiu's Village is what kept the populace at "Acceptable" levels.

Like if one village was growing too much or the number was getting close to the limit he'd just make the beastmen stomp some more until it went down.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 1, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

It's both. Lordgenome says explicitly that when one million monkeys humans walk the surface the moon will fall. Presuming he's not bluffing or being coy, he means specifically being above ground. Keeping the humans underground keeps them off the surface and limits their total number in general just like in Rossiu's original village that could only support 50 people.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Adios Dandy

Also see you Space Cowboy

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 1, 2015

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it's bizarrely fitting that this episode airs tonight

an era of Toonami comes to a close

and this is the last episode of 2nd Gig that they air

the very same one that aired that fateful night 3 years ago, when Toonami came back

truly, the circle is complete

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I doubt full-body prosthetic cyborgs have pubic hair, op

but I guess we'll never know

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i've seen things some people wouldn't believe

attack boats on fire off the shores of Roanapur

i've seen pionium beams glitter in the dark near the Europa hypergate

all these anime will be lost in time

like tears in anime rain

time to sleep

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 1, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This guy is gonna love KLK.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I also want a Mike Tyson Mysteries alarm clock.

EDIT: And I want it to sing THAT SONG as the alarm sound.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 2, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This guy is gonna love KLK.
Nah they are probably too young for him :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's like murder, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's like murder, right?

He's a werewolf. More like euthanasia.

• Locked thread