Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

joepinetree posted:

Libertadores drawing tonight. Lot's of big name clubs made it, including 4 of the last 5 Brazilian clubs to win it. They've made it so there is less chance of clubs from the same nation ending up in the same group, but the new draw can also create ridiculous groups of death. As an example, Cruzeiro or Atletico (Brazil's top 2 seeds) can end up in a group with Boca, Colo-Colo and Corinthians/Internacional, or they can end up in a group with Mineros, San Jose and the 3rd seeded Peruvian team.

Can confirm colo-colo are going all out to win this. They are going to be spending big to bring players back from Europe.

EDIT: Also if you want to watch the draw you can watch it here http://www.foxplay.com/au/watch/E20993

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
What's with this loving continent and music during draws?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

What's with this loving continent and music during draws?

Everyone likes a good song and dance.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
gently caress you Grondona.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

they are finally loving drawing the thing.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Good idea to make a draw without knowing half of the teams who will be playing.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

dj_pain posted:

Can confirm colo-colo are going all out to win this. They are going to be spending big to bring players back from Europe.

EDIT: Also if you want to watch the draw you can watch it here http://www.foxplay.com/au/watch/E20993

And of course I jynxed it and my favorite team (Atletico) ends up with Colo Colo, Colombia 2 (Santa Fe or Independiente) and Atlas (tough trip if nothing else) and Cruzeiro (the rivals) ends up in the easiest group. Atletico's group is only the 2nd toughest, though, because group 2 is the group of death.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 3, 2014

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
A player died in Argentina after some barras bravas threw a loving brick at him during a game

http://www.marca.com/2014/12/04/futbol/futbol_internacional/argentina/1417651311.html

unbelievable

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
River fan got pummeled in the face by Boca fans, in front of her daughter.

link might be :nws: because of blood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...am-s-shirt.html

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Juanito posted:

River fan got pummeled in the face by Boca fans, in front of her daughter.

link might be :nws: because of blood.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...am-s-shirt.html

This happens all the time in derbies across south america. Is it bad that I'm not fazed by this?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

dj_pain posted:

This happens all the time in derbies across south america. Is it bad that I'm not fazed by this?
Not really, but if it's an Argentino, then you should share, since they are the worst.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I like how the football thugs ended being just her drunken neighbor.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Welcome to the delayed weekly Liga mx post, once again I forgot to post before the midweek leg 1 actions so here's the results.

Thursday, December 4, 2014
FT
6. Monterrey 0 - 3 1.América
FT
4.FCToluca 0 - 0 2.Tigres UANL

Leg 2 tomorrow (times at CST/-6 UTC)

Sunday, December 7, 2014
4:00 PM
2. Tigres UANL (0) v (0) 4.FCToluca
6:00 PM
1. América (3) v (0) 6.Monterrey

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Sudamericana final starting now.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

This is the best game

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So I'll give an update on what happened in the chilean league.

La U beat union la calera 1-0 while colo-colo lost 2-0 to santiago wanderers, Thus allowing La U to win the championship by three points. :(

In other news river won la copa sudamericana.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6u0PxpfnA

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Pratto reportedly close to signing with Atletico. Amazing that in the space of one year Atletico lost Cuca, Ronaldinho and Jo, with Rever out almost the entire year, and are better than they've been since the 1st half of 2013.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone, while watching the first game of the 2015 Clausura season of 2nd division of mexican soccer/football I forgot to post the ending of the Apertura payoff. Well Club America won it's 12th title and now has the most titles in Mexican history. Also it's the start of the 2015 Clausura in Liga MX too so here's the full slate of games for the weekend.

Week 1 (all times CST/-6 UTC)
Friday Jan 9th
8:00
Santos vs Veracruz (currently going as of this posting, start of the 2nd half 1-0 Santos on a rainy night)
9:30
Morelia vs Toluca
Saturday, January 10
5:00
America vs Leon
Puebla vs Tijuana
7:00
Tigres vs Atlas
8:06
Pachuca vs Cruz Azul
9:00
Chiapas vs Guadalajara
Sunday, January 11
12:00
Pumas vs Queretaro
Universidad Guadalajara vs Monterrey

Sorry for this half assed post but I just found out it started tonight.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
That final owned. I was only half watching but I saw 3 red cards, 3 goals, all against tigres. That one tigres player wanted to actually kill the ref. What an implosion that game was for them.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Boca are trying to get Bryan Ruiz but apparently he said no because they wanted to pay him in pesos

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
He should be thankfull they didn't try to pay him in soy beans.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 21, 2015

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Atletico Mineiro beating Shakhtar Donetsk 4-0 on a preseason friendly. Pratto needed 17 minutes to score his first goal for the club.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 22, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ready for some Libertadores action.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

CONMEBOL announced that all future fixtures for WCQ will be decided by draw putting an end to this pretty awesome fixture which allows Uruguay to fix a couple of matches and go to playoffs every time. gently caress.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lol please someone tell me you saw the end of the U20s Uruguay-Venezuela game. Uruguay scored in the last minute and the ref pointed at the center of the pitch (validating the goal) but then Venezuelan players started loving pushing the ref and he called it a foul on the keeper.

The best part was that he told the UY captain that someone watched it on TV and told him it was a foul over the intercom. It was really no big deal because Uruguay finished first of the group and Venezuela was already out but still, I've never seen such a thing. This is why we can't have Bolivian refs.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

http://vine.co/v/OTa6ZMutgqe

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Spending all pre season watching Libertadores matches from the 60's paying off.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Cruzeiro recently announced De Arrascaeta and Riascos. De Arrascaeta is a solid signing, but I am not sure why they went after Riascos. Not only has he been struggling recently, but he is best known in Brazil for missing the penalty kick against cruzeiro's cross town rivals, Atletico.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

joepinetree posted:

Cruzeiro recently announced De Arrascaeta and Riascos. De Arrascaeta is a solid signing, but I am not sure why they went after Riascos. Not only has he been struggling recently, but he is best known in Brazil for missing the penalty kick against cruzeiro's cross town rivals, Atletico.

He'll probably lead the league in goals. Cruzeiro :argh:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

De Arrascaeta is a good but mentally weak player. He'll probably flop big time.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Polidoro posted:

De Arrascaeta is a good but mentally weak player. He'll probably flop big time.

The funny thing is that Cruzeiro has sort of become known for this in the past 2 years. Everton Ribeiro, Cruzeiro's best player the past two seasons who was just sold, was affectionately know as Everton Pipoqueiro (Popcorn, as in can't stand the heat). Cruzeiro has dominated the Brazilian league like no one else these past 2 years, winning both times by double digit points, but they struggle greatly in cup competitions (and haven't beaten Atletico the last 8 times they played).

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Hi everyone, sorry for not updating for the past two weeks but I was busy and forgot about the thread. Here's this week Liga MX post minus the last two week results.

This weekend games (all times are CST/-6UTC)
Friday, January 30, 2015
7:30 PM
Querétaro v Santos Laguna
9:30 PM
Tijuana v Morelia
Saturday, January 31, 2015
5:00 PM
América v Tigres UANL
5:00 PM
Puebla v Cruz Azul
7:00 PM
Guadalajara v Pachuca
7:00 PM
Monterrey v Veracruz
8:06 PM
León v Chiapas
9:00 PM
Atlas v Pumas
Sunday, February 1, 2015
12:00 PM
Toluca v Universidad Guadalajara

Current Table

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Did Boca really just beat River 5-0? drat

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
And River got 3 players sent off

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

hecko posted:

And River got 3 players sent off

Hahah, crazy

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If anyone is watching Leon vs Chivas, come laugh with me because this is Two Bad Teams playing all out

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
There's a goalkeeper for Leon and he got kicked in the face and there's meat hanging from his nose and this is the best bad game I've seen in years

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
I think you meant Leon vs Chiapas, as Chivas managed to win the game vs Pachuca :argh:

Leon is playing horribly in this year, I blame it on manager incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Brasil vs Argentina is gonna be on in a couple hrs, under 20 south american championship

if you have Bein sports you can watch it