Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Captain Invictus posted:

Would Saitama go out with Squirrel Girl

She's too young for him, and was last seen dating a time-displaced superhero in an alternate future anyway :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Saitama's dream girlfriend is one who always pays for dinner.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Saitama's dream girlfriend is one who always pays for dinner.

...Genos?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Would Saitama go out with Squirrel Girl

It's whether Squirrel Girl would go out with Saitama. She's into companions with some hair on their bodies.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Maxwells Demon posted:

It's whether Squirrel Girl would go out with Saitama. She's into companions with some hair on their bodies.

Is this the price of true power?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My OPM OTP is Saitama/Speed of Sound (:lol:) Sonic, tbqh.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Goku gets stronger every time he fights/dies, so it would just be a matter of throwing himself against Saitama as many times as necessary until Goku is equal to 1.01x Saitama's.

Actually that would make for a good weekly comic. Have Goku beaten every day.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 25, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All You Need Is Goku OR Edge of Saiyan

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Ak Gara posted:

Goku gets stronger every time he fights/dies, so it would just be a matter of throwing himself against Saitama as many times as necessary until Goku is equal to 1.01x Saitama's.

Actually that would make for a good weekly comic. Have Goku beaten every day.

I think you need to be near death for that thing to kick in, Saitama wouldn't ever beat him up that badly.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goku and saitama wouldn't fight they'd just make a ton of soup and eat it or something

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tollymain posted:

goku and saitama wouldn't fight they'd just make a ton of soup and eat it or something

lol if you think saitama can out eat goku

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not a competition

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Voted Worst Mom posted:

"Why are you wasting all of your food like that? Stop it. It's gross."

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Voted Worst Mom posted:

phrasing

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

It would be like a strongman competition.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Patware posted:

phrasing

eat out goku

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://a.pomf.se/ultvho.webm

Would you watch it? Especially when the tax gets webm embedding like a modern website

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A One Punch Manime would have to be a triumph of sakuga to match the manga's art.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People keep making OPs for an OPM anime that doesn't exist and all I'm left with is a sense of longing.

Waffleman_ posted:

A One Punch Manime would have to be a triumph of sakuga to match the manga's art.

:agreed:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I can't think of a studio that has 1. the money 2. the skill and 3. the incentive needed to do Murata Yuusuke's art justice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Trigger, obviously.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Terper posted:

Trigger, obviously.

If there were any studio capable of channeling Murata channeling ONE on a budget, they're it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

I can't think of a studio that has 1. the money 2. the skill and 3. the incentive needed to do Murata Yuusuke's art justice

The guys that did the Eyeshield anime at least knew when to flip the switch and just throw hyper-detailed Murata across the screen, but keeping up Murata-quality the whole time is insane.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can imagine trigger hitting a similar balance for utterly fantastic sequences and deliberately underwhelming moments, at the very least :v:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Patware posted:

The guys that did the Eyeshield anime at least knew when to flip the switch and just throw hyper-detailed Murata across the screen, but keeping up Murata-quality the whole time is insane.

Maybe a one-shot One Punch movie detailing an arc or two would work better than an anime.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
10-minute long shorts would work just fine.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A trilogy of One Punch Man live action movies. First one is some introduction and moving things around a bit, finishing on Sea King. Second starts with alien invasion and then goes on to King and the place we're currently at. And then the last one is whatever comes after.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 1, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If there were any studio capable of channeling Murata channeling ONE on a budget, they're it.

As long as they don't get lazy like the last half of KLK sure.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Patware posted:

the Eyeshield anime

We don't speak that cursed name in this place

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
*Minute-long OP plays*

ONE-PUNCH MAN! ONE-PUNCH MAN!

*Vaccine Man shows up, monologues, and gets annihilated in 60 seconds.*

*Minute-long ED plays.*

ONE-PUNCH MAN! ONE-PUNCH MAN!

That should be the entire show.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:agreed:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh god yeah. E21 the manga was a goddamn great spectacle to behold.

Anime?

Just.

No.

Also agree with Beef. 10 minute shorts would work the best if they wanted to make an anime out of One Punchman.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You'd have to ask ONE to write a bunch of sale day, talking on roofs to salary men, staring forlorn at vending machines, looking after side characters, adventures with Licenseless Rider episodes.

Oh all of those things would be totally awesome hrm.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of Licenceless Rider, it is a goddamn crime that he hasn't been around for ages.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Anything like Murata's art is just impossible at this point in time.

Leaning into ONE's art with some Inferno Cop-level animation, though...

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Because, let's be honest, Trigger will have its hands full with My Hero Academia.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Closest thing I can think of to how I'd imagine a OPM anime to actually be would probably be something like Astro Fighter Sunred.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

http://a.pomf.se/ultvho.webm

Would you watch it? Especially when the tax gets webm embedding like a modern website

i want to believe

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Zerilan posted:

Closest thing I can think of to how I'd imagine a OPM anime to actually be would probably be something like Astro Fighter Sunred.
:allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQejhlWrTsU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The eyeshield 21 anime was bad in production in general but I think they nailed the voices for the most part.