Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sash! posted:

Its a bad uniform because if you covered up the BAYLOR on it, you couldn't tell who it belongs to.

You could say the same about all whites at places like Oregon et all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Way different than Penn State's uniforms which if you just randomly look at you'd go "oh those are the generic jerseys in NCAA Create A University mode"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Way different than Penn State's uniforms which if you just randomly look at you'd go "oh those are the generic jerseys in NCAA Create A University mode"
As an Alabama fan the one thing I'm obligated to defend Penn State about is their uniforms

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

But you see a Penn State uniform and you know immediately that it's Penn State. They are distinctive despite being plain and boring.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Penn State's uniforms are garbage, much like their coach, student body, alumni base, campus, bar scene, school placement, quarterback, offensive line, nearest hotel, and playing surface.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lol Grantham got a raise

To what, I'm not seeing anything

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
To deal with the lack of football my buddies and I are rewatching the Notre dame - northwestern game. It's just as good months later.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A gently caress of a lot better than watching Northwestern basketball, christ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There is not a more perfect uniform than Penn State's home unis. Now please take the player names and Big Ten patches off.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

despite the only appreciable difference being the colors on the helmet reversed, georgia southern's uniforms are miles better than PSUs for many reasons

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Frackie Robinson posted:

There is not a more perfect uniform than Penn State's home unis. Now please take the player names and Big Ten patches off.

I''m not a fan of the names but...eh. I do wish they'd do the helmet numbers for Homecoming or something.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

korrandark posted:

Ohio State is 59-26-2 against the Pac 12.

Edit: Michigan and Michigan St. are also over .500 against Pac 12. Wisconsin is well under .500.
USC by it self is something like 73-27-2 all time against Big10 teams with the most rose bowls.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sash! posted:

I''m not a fan of the names but...eh. I do wish they'd do the helmet numbers for Homecoming or something.

Down with this as long as the helmet numbers are all 409

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Frackie Robinson posted:

Down with this as long as the helmet numbers are all 409

Down with this as long as the stadium implodes.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Beyonce is my favorite pop artist of all time, but I have to admit Katy Perry had a better half time show than her.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 2, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

dude789 posted:

Beyonce is my favorite pop artist of all time, but I have to admit Katy Perry had a better half time show than her.

Katy Pamyu Pamyu

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

How many years is it going to take before the CFB Final has some over the top halftime show

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sash! posted:

How many years is it going to take before the CFB Final has some over the top halftime show

One hundred underprivileged kids will attempt to throw footballs into Dr. Pepper cans made of lasers

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sash! posted:

When it's played in the Orange Bowl. They have insane, over-the-top halftime shows every year. It's their thing.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
So that's why the Orange Bowl had Ashlee Simpson years ago? It's still funny but doesn't seem so random now.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Deteriorata posted:

When it's played in the Orange Bowl. They have insane, over-the-top halftime shows every year. It's their thing.

I saw Ciara or whatever her name is when I was at the Orange Bowl. Some old dude in my section said "Ciara? What is that some kind of boner pill?" They had some DJ no one has ever heard of from some club in Miami that mixed the two marching bands in a battle of the bands thing that was way more entertaining than it sounds

the old dude was my dad

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
They save a lot of money by cheaping out on the trophy, so they've gotta spend it somewhere

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That trophy is awesome and its a healthy snack for the team.

I'm pretty sure the one on display in the PSU sports museum is full of tennis balls.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
They should put it on a pedestal in the student union and fill it with oranges every day so students can come by and grab a healthy treat on their way to class.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sash! posted:

They should change it up at bowl halftime shows by actually showing the drat band performances. We got like 5 minutes of Chiefs playing Beyonce for the Rose Bowl this year before they cut away mid-Single Ladies to some other bullshit, what's wrong with that? There's already a show going on!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

That trophy is awesome and its a healthy snack for the team.

I'm pretty sure the one on display in the PSU sports museum is full of tennis balls.

Iowa toured it around with the original and increasingly gross looking oranges in it for waaaaaay too long. They looked okay the last time I saw it though, so I assume either they're fake now or someone in the athletic department is required to go to Hy Vee and by a new bag of oranges to fill it up every few weeks.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
The Orange Bowl trophy has nothing on the Potato Bowl trophy.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I love the look of pure horror on that coaches face

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

The Orange Bowl trophy has nothing on the Potato Bowl trophy.

No discussion of the Potato Bowl is complete without this image.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

They should put it on a pedestal in the student union and fill it with oranges every day so students can come by and grab a healthy treat on their way to class.

They've got like three of them so there's a spare available just for this purpose. I'll make it a cornerstone of my trustee campaign

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Michigan finally figures out that people enjoy night games.

ESPN posted:

EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Jim Hackett says there will be more night football at Michigan Stadium next season, and the Wolverines' interim athletic director says he's enjoyed working with new coach Jim Harbaugh since hiring him about a month ago.

Hackett was at Michigan's basketball game at Michigan State on Sunday, and he said an announcement of at least one night football game will come soon.

Hackett has not said publicly exactly how long he wants to stay on as the athletic director, but he says his wife has encouraged him to stay "a little longer" if he wants to.

Hackett took over at the start of November after Dave Brandon resigned. He hired Harbaugh in late December.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Michigan finally figures out that people enjoy night games.

Two questions:

1. Will picnic baskets be allowed at these night games
2. Will "rock 'n roll" music be played over the public address system

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Two questions:

1. Will picnic baskets be allowed at these night games
2. Will "rock 'n roll" music be played over the public address system

You need to shut off that drat hibbidy bibbity rock music.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Illuminati'd

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ohio State cut ticket prices! for 2 games absolutely nobody wants to watch!

ESPN posted:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State is lowering the football ticket price for two nonconference games next season, but tickets for games against Penn State and Michigan State will be more than $100.

The school says tickets for games against Hawaii and Western Michigan will drop from $79 to $65.

Tickets for the Penn State game will be $125 and the price for the Michigan State tickets will be $150.

The three other homes games against Northern Illinois, Maryland and Minnesota will be priced at $79.

Ohio State began charging a premium for marquee games in 2013, but this is the first time the university has cut prices under its new ticketing plan.

Ohio State led the nation in attendance last year, averaging 106,000 fans.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Ohio State led the nation in attendance last year, averaging 106,000 fans.

THANKS HOKE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

THANKS HOKE

This is fair, but it didn't help that Michigan had an absolute dogshit home schedule last year. I remember a lot of season ticket holders were complaining about it over the summer.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

This is fair, but it didn't help that Michigan had an absolute dogshit home schedule last year. I remember a lot of season ticket holders were complaining about it over the summer.

Yeah, they did. The Big Ten bent Dave Brandon over during the realignment. There isn't any reason MSU and OSU should be on the same home/away schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of schedules, CUSA's 2015 schedule is out. Charlotte has taken UAB's spot.

E: and get ready for a titanic matchup of gold/black powerhouses! Purdue and Wake Forest have a home-and-home scheduled for 2026 and 2027!

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 3, 2015

• Locked thread