Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ok, I admit, that dl fountain snipe was kinda a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CLG wins another 4v5 lmao this season

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Zion Is Not An Upgrade Over Seraph And Can Only Play Jax.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

AnonSpore posted:

How can you get a draft like C9's and lose

Cause Cloud 9 seems intent on making their attempts to stay in the top three as hard as possible for themselves. :smith:

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Aphro MVP, so many clutch bindings that game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Me, watching every C9 game

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I think they need to be picking something like Lulu or Orianna mid, the assassin mids have consistently not worked and Reksai gets a lot stronger with a support mid.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Mashed Potato posted:

aphro is a god

Sushipants posted:

Goddamn it, I think I'm a CLG fan now.

gently caress.

EDIT: loving APHRO

:agreed:

That game was crazy fun to watch.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

AnonSpore posted:

Because Balls can't play Gnar, and Hai and Meteos aren't great on LeBlanc and Rek'Sai either.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Sneaky just didn't seem to get a chance to do anything in fights while Doublelift was consistently being ignored and allowed to deal a shitload of damage over the 5 seconds he was ignored.

edit: Aphro's bindings were also very very loving good and got Link pretty fed over the course of the game.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

rafington posted:

I think they need to be picking something like Lulu or Orianna mid, the assassin mids have consistently not worked and Reksai gets a lot stronger with a support mid.

This. Hai does not have an assassin game and Balls' Gnar is...balls. Reksai is fine but god drat they're just not getting the right picks.

Also

Arcturas posted:

? Just because he got caught that one time?

Granted, I'm a doublelift fanboy, but I think he's been doing pretty well this game - his teamfight positioning has been pretty great. One or two errors, but he's usually managed to do decently.

Doublelift came out to play today. Don't blame him for anything because he did brilliantly. His death on botlane was not avoidable and the damage he dealt tower enabled the tower fall later. I poo poo on Lift as hard as possible, but this time he did perfectly well. Today was a good day for CLG. Welcome back, old guard.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Zion Is Not An Upgrade Over Seraph And Can Only Play Jax.

The critique against him was that he could only play split pushing champions and was always a good distraction, there are numerous games showing that he falters a lot on the entire team fighting stuff.

But no, taking a small sample size and running away with it proves everything else said wrong, woo woo go etc etc

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Agreed. Instead lets look at a large sample size: every game seraph ever played.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Agreed. Instead lets look at a large sample size: every game seraph ever played.

:drat:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

Richard Lewis is probably the best person we've got reporting League news. He did a lovely thing by revealing a source once, but other than that he's usually right, he usually doesn't wildly speculate, and he doesn't say obscene, racist things.

He does wildly speculate (reporting blatantly wrong stuff).

Also, no matter where I go on reddit if someone says his name he shows up.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Meteos had nearly the same amount of cs as Hai (possibly more at the end of the game, I stopped paying attention).

Hai is really bad.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

That's just where they wanted to put their resources, it's not high's fault meteos was shoving lanes out and stuff.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Transient People posted:

This. Hai does not have an assassin game and Balls' Gnar is...balls. Reksai is fine but god drat they're just not getting the right picks.

Also

Doublelift came out to play today. Don't blame him for anything because he did brilliantly. His death on botlane was not avoidable and the damage he dealt tower enabled the tower fall later. I poo poo on Lift as hard as possible, but this time he did perfectly well. Today was a good day for CLG. Welcome back, old guard.

he had 30% hp and got locked up on a wall so he died while doing nothing, it was the most avoidable death ever.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I loving hate leblanc picks, so far this season she hasn't done poo poo.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Slaapaav posted:

he had 30% hp and got locked up on a wall so he died while doing nothing, it was the most avoidable death ever.

Oh yes, please tell us all about how you can outrun a speeding reksai and gnar after getting blue smote, we're all ears.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

SC Bracer posted:

Man, I wonder where all the dudes calling for Hai and Balls to get benched are.

*cough*

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Firebert posted:

Meteos had nearly the same amount of cs as Hai (possibly more at the end of the game, I stopped paying attention).

Hai is really bad.

Since his lung collapsed he has been extremely inconsistent ranging from above average to terrible every other game.

But its Balls who is in my opinion the biggest issue who has been getting worse since the last spring split. Now he has like 1 good champion, rumble and his teleport plays are nothing to write home about.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Why do people think Balls was the problem that game? He got shut down super hard by the 3v1 and still managed to pressure the map pretty well. I thought losing the 3 turrets and Hai getting caught over and over again was a much bigger deal.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

It's specifically Gnar - he was fine yesterday on Irelia.

They beat the team that people thought was the best going into week 2 - they're never going to be the 25-3 squad that flowed on NA because the level of competition is so much higher.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
What happened to putting Hai on a utility/lockdown style champion and letting him shot call with less mechanical difficulty. How the hell is a guy supposed to try and play LeBlanc while calling the map? That's insane. If C9's bot lane doesn't carry they are basically getting poo poo-housed by any top team, and CLG banning out their pairing from yesterday appears to have worked well.

I really like Dignitas composition in this draft, but counterpoint: Are Dignitas.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Yeah dig should win because their team is better but winterfox probably will win because they're all league of legends players and not the cast of the sandlot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

On the one hand they have Gnarvan, on the other hand they're Dig.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Save that one for the highlight reel, Kiwikid.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
prediction: crumbzz just places wards everywhere, doesn't gank anything, then dies in every teamfight while doing nothing or getting caught out.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Transient People posted:

Oh yes, please tell us all about how you can outrun a speeding reksai and gnar after getting blue smote, we're all ears.

not the lane death im talking about the one in the opening between blue and baron

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Slaapaav posted:

not the lane death im talking about the one in the opening between blue and baron

lovely mistakes can happen to any player on any team in any region, the fortunate thing is that he didn't consistently make such mistakes and nothing was really lost for CLG because of it so it didn't matter so much.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How Rude posted:

prediction: crumbzz just places wards everywhere, doesn't gank anything, then dies in every teamfight while doing nothing or getting caught out.

Putting him on junglers that should be ganking seems really dumb. Stick him on Nunu or something.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Transient People posted:

This. Hai does not have an assassin game

I cringe every time he picks an assassin. I just went and had a look through C9's record since the beginning of the Summer split, and from my quick addition Hai has 13 wins, 12 losses on assassins and 22 wins, 8 losses on everything else. His most played champion in that time was Yasuo with whom he had 5 wins - 3 losses, but his best record was 5-1, which was on Syndra.

victorious fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 1, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

Yeah that was a dumb death. I thought you were knocking him for the botlane push and I was like 'say whaaaaaaaa?'.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Putting him on junglers that should be ganking seems really dumb. Stick him on Nunu or something.

It's really funny because Crumbzz used to be probably the best Lee Sin player in NA some time ago. Between then and now it looks like he completely forgot how to play the champion.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

How Rude posted:

lovely mistakes can happen to any player on any team in any region, the fortunate thing is that he didn't consistently make such mistakes and nothing was really lost for CLG because of it so it didn't matter so much.

it was really lovely and i laughed out loud why should a lcs player be allowed to make a mistake like that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
crumbzzz has such ridiculous positioning errors, for example he could have moved down to be with his team instead of dicking off and getting picked by lee sin

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Libertine posted:

It's really funny because Crumbzz used to be probably the best Lee Sin player in NA some time ago. Between then and now it looks like he completely forgot how to play the champion.

Crumbzz also used to have solo queue rank 1 and also rank 2 on his smurf, if I remember correctly.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

He back to back face checked mid lane bush leading to the c9 baron attempt, into his insanely bad death on the back end of that. But he shaped up after that and let aphromoo finish winning the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Dig is really really bad guys

• Locked thread