Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

my cat is norris posted:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/02/01/blast-your-own-kamehameha-at-the-lets-fire-a-kamehamaha-martial-arts-tournament-event/

:holy: I hope this comes to America. Either way, watching this poo poo online is bound to turn up some gold.

I am now hoping that Norio Wakamoto just shows up incognito and then all of a sudden magic occurs. :allears:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
TFS put up a History of Trunks teaser.. It's dark.

Hey Piccolo, you want to, I don't know, maybe DODGE?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

New Leaf posted:

Link for the lazy.

Who is doing the voice of Adult Gohan? It's a pretty bang-on impression of the dub actor.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

In It For The Tank posted:

Link for the lazy.

Who is doing the voice of Adult Gohan? It's a pretty bang-on impression of the dub actor.

Team Four Star ‏@teamfourstar 47m47 minutes ago
For those curious: That's @ApatheriaVA as Future Gohan!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just started reading Jaco, it's pretty good so far. Figured I'd see what all the fuss was about since he's in Xenoverse. Does it hold up?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

New Leaf posted:

I just started reading Jaco, it's pretty good so far. Figured I'd see what all the fuss was about since he's in Xenoverse. Does it hold up?
If anything, it gets better, so long as you're not some turbonerd who goes all :reddit: MY CANONNN.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jaco's great. I bought it on a whim and all of the characters are pretty great, I feel weird about the ending to Jaco's story, but it's in line with everything.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

In It For The Tank posted:

Link for the lazy.

I get the feeling that this episode in particular is sort of a labor of love on Kaiser's part. Just something that he really wants to do despite the fact that nearly all of the material has to be played straight. I mean, what the gently caress are you gonna do? Throw in pinball noises while 17 runs people down with his car?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, actually.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That would be hilarious.

Remember they are making Cell pretty funny in his over the top creep factor. And they made a genocidal dictator one of the best characters. I'm looking forward to it, definitely.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Crosspeice posted:

And they made a genocidal dictator one of the best characters. I'm looking forward to it, definitely.

Yeah Guru was great.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

New Leaf posted:

Nationwide is on your side

Caros
May 14, 2008

TenaciousJ posted:

Yeah Guru was great.

:golfclap:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
TFS related, littlekuriboh being a huge WWE supernerd is completely out of left field.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

TFS related, littlekuriboh being a huge WWE supernerd is completely out of left field.

Great vids though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those Raw reviews are horrible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Those Raw reviews are horrible.

In so far as they're something about wrestling I would agree.

Other than that they've got some comedic timing to them, some okay gags. Couple misses though, and those usually go on for too long. Much like all of LittleKuriboh's work they're pretty good, some problems but still watchable.

And it saves me from having to actually watch wrestling, though to be honest I haven't done that in years but I do enjoy hearing that it's still dumb and amazing in all the worst ways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That Adam Rose joke was run into the ground by like the second review and him mispronouncing character names constantly got old after the first one. He's got good comedic timing on some of them, but like they get way too obnoxiously smarky for my tastes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

That Adam Rose joke was run into the ground by like the second review and him mispronouncing character names constantly got old after the first one. He's got good comedic timing on some of them, but like they get way too obnoxiously smarky for my tastes.

To be fair, Adam Rose himself is a joke that's been run into the ground so I was kind of okay with it, but I can see that being a problem for some.

Edit: To be back on topic, Could Goku defeat John Cena? Assuming they're in a wrestling ring, of course.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be back on topic, Could Goku defeat John Cena?

Can you defeat yourself?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

Can you defeat yourself?

I've been serious posting about wrestling, I've long since destroyed any worth I had.

VVV I believe.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 2, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could defeat Goku.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The only guy Goku ever put over was his son, and that was only because he thought was retiring. He took the main event spot back the minute he came back.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rhonne posted:

The only guy Goku ever put over was his son, and that was only because he thought was retiring. He took the main event spot back the minute he came back.

Bazza screwed 'gief for that one.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Edit: To be back on topic, Could Goku defeat John Cena? Assuming they're in a wrestling ring, of course.

Those are some mighty fine odds that need to be overcome. Cena would love those odds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Testekill posted:

Those are some mighty fine odds that need to be overcome. Cena would love those odds.

We have to push Yamcha for Summerslam! The kids will love it!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Broly is Brock Lesnar in this metaphor, yeah?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Fighting Freeza in that one SNES RPG, and I feel like it somehow imported TFS' Vegeta.
In a life or death situation where everyone but Goku is getting their asses kicked, Vegeta goes "NO I DON'T WANNA" whenever I give him any commands to simulate how much of a dick he is. The mental image is pretty amusing.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
So they compressed Z from 291 episodes to 167. How? Did they remove lots of shots of the scenery and characters agape at what has just transpired on screen?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relin posted:

So they compressed Z from 291 episodes to 167. How? Did they remove lots of shots of the scenery and characters agape at what has just transpired on screen?
Yes, and also the filler arcs and episodes entirely. They cut out the entire Garlic Jr. arc, that's ten episodes right there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Relin posted:

Pretty much. That and a lot of the gratuitous powering up sequences and "same multi-hit and block combo over and over and over again as characters float around the screen". It still happens, it's just.. shorter.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New Leaf posted:

Pretty much. That and a lot of the gratuitous powering up sequences and "same multi-hit and block combo over and over and over again as characters float around the screen". It still happens, it's just.. shorter.

The Freeza saga in particular gets cut to ribbons because so much of the original was just obvious filler. Piccolo's fight with Freeza while Goku charges the Spirit Bomb was like, quadrupled in length for filler in anime.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The Freeza saga in particular gets cut to ribbons because so much of the original was just obvious filler. Piccolo's fight with Freeza while Goku charges the Spirit Bomb was like, quadrupled in length for filler in anime.

I'm fairly certain that all of Captain Ginyu as a frog is filler. I don't think he ever showed up again.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's because Vegeta squishes him as soon as he turns into a frog.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

bowmore posted:

Removed from the anime because they wanted filler, I suppose?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bowmore posted:

Wait, is that actually canon? I know it's TFS-canon, which is the next best thing, but I don't remember it happening in the manga.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Covok posted:

Removed from the anime because they wanted filler, I suppose?

Z had to have filler, because the manga and anime were being produced at the same time, and so, the anime had to be slowed down as to not overtake the manga.

KoB
May 1, 2009

To be fair, Adam Rose himself is a joke that's been run into the ground so I was kind of okay with it, but I can see that being a problem for some.

Cant beat what you cant see.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cena is too busy bringing back CM Punk for AJ. Don't you understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, is that actually canon? I know it's TFS-canon, which is the next best thing, but I don't remember it happening in the manga.
I don't know, I was talking about TFS, which is the new canon in my books.

• Locked thread