Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man with those Pterosaurs getting out and killing that whole crowd of people I'm starting to get the idea by the end of the movie that the park will get immediately closed and dismantled by the government and then creating dinosaurs will be made illegal. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

berserker posted:

If they're using a CG dino for that scene, well that would entirely explain it. The kids in JP1 were extremely convincing with their screams, because well, the dino was a life size loving T-rex anamatronic robot, and they weren't told beforehand that it was going to totally bust through the moonroof, so they were legitimately freaked.

Is that true? That sounds both extremely dickish and unsafe.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo that shot of Chris Pratt in the pen training the raptors was awesome gently caress you guys

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Yo that shot of Chris Pratt in the pen training the raptors was awesome gently caress you guys

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Super cg-lookin' dino bustin' through a wack-rear end glass prison just like in the first movie. Don't compete with Spielberg's directing because it'll just look cheap and wack in comparison. Why come all these dinos gotta look so fake?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I want him to be like the 20th guy they've hired for this job

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Macaluso posted:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Whoooo wants gifs??

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Why isn't Chris Pratt using that raptor communication bone thing Grant used in JP3? Or was that movie just an in-universe Ian Malcolm fever dream

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

ozza posted:

Why isn't Chris Pratt using that raptor communication bone thing Grant used in JP3? Or was that movie just an in-universe Ian Malcolm fever dream

If anyone is dreaming it's Alan.

Also, that Pterodactyl attack seems like it is going to be a much more interesting and scary scene than the one we got in III.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

ozza posted:

Why isn't Chris Pratt using that raptor communication bone thing Grant used in JP3?

The raptor communication bone thing was a 3d-printed mold from a Real Dinosaur's skull. If anything, the reaction in JP3 was confusion that the sound kinda-sorta-maybe sounded like a call more than anything.

But if said raptors were trained from birth to respond to a human talking, you could just train using your own voice/hand signals.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Super Bowl spot makes me wonder how many on-screen "innocent" deaths we might see. It's one thing to have staff employees (JP1), contracted paramilitary (JP2), or small-time guns for hire (JP3) bite it but regular park attendees, families, etc? I doubt we'll see much but the implications are pretty dark.

Also, with the new Rex, there will undoubtedly be a clash against the T-Rex. It has to happen. Just bring in Dr. Serizawa to say "let them fight." As the T-Rex slowly loses and backs itself toward the sea, the giant moasaur becomes the new deus ex machina and swallows the I-Rex whole.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will say that the CGI on those shots looked a lot better than what we saw in the first trailer.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ozza posted:

Because he's Chris Pratt and uses his natural charisma to tame the raptors, duh!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Because he's Chris Pratt and uses his natural charisma to tame the raptors, duh!

The raptors are now furiously uploading gifs of Chris Pratt to their tumblrs, oh no Indominus Rex just uploaded a barrage of Chris Evans gifs in retaliation!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ozza posted:

Because like a lot of Jurassic Park III it was stupid and should be forgotten for being a horribly bland movie which I don't know how you do for a movie with goddamn dinosaurs in it, but there you go.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Macaluso posted:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mr.capps posted:

The line about "its hunting for sport" does make me hope that I was right earlier about the problem with the hybrid dinosaur being its going after the other dinosaurs as well. It would be the neatest way to do the concept, because then it isn't just man vs dinosaur, but monsters vs dinosaurs and man is trying to help the dinosaurs but they are still dinosaurs and might eat you.

Oh, so the I-Rex is also a Predator?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FooF posted:

Super Bowl spot makes me wonder how many on-screen "innocent" deaths we might see. It's one thing to have staff employees (JP1), contracted paramilitary (JP2), or small-time guns for hire (JP3) bite it but regular park attendees, families, etc? I doubt we'll see much but the implications are pretty dark.

That's what jumped out to me about the trailer, too. The pterosaur carrying off a park-goer unsettled me more than anything else I've seen about the movie so far.

Site saying ankylosaurs in the gyrosphere area makes me agree that we're probably going to see gyrosphere golf.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Lost World had that one dude get eaten by the T-Rex in San Diego. I hope all kinds of people get eaten by dinosaurs in this movie and that scene with the pterodactyls has all kinds of dinosaurs running in and out of buildings eating people forcing them to run out in the open to get eaten by pterodactyls. It's going to be fun.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope the I. rex gets its poo poo ruined by a Stegoceratops because it's about high time that the badass herbivorous dinos with sweet defensive adaptations got their day in the sun, and if they're making a magic T. rex/raptor love child then kill it with a super Stegosaurus/Triceratops power combo in a game of genetic calvinball.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Cythereal posted:

Site saying ankylosaurs in the gyrosphere area makes me agree that we're probably going to see gyrosphere golf.

I'm 100% on board for this.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Cythereal posted:

That's what jumped out to me about the trailer, too. The pterosaur carrying off a park-goer unsettled me more than anything else I've seen about the movie so far.

I had the same reaction. But I imagine after the initial chaos of dino prison break most of the humans will be evacuated, leaving behind just Chris Pratt, raptor squad and annoying lost children in need of rescue.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
At least it looks better than Turdminator: Geneshit

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
Ugh, it looks so ugly and fake. Like wtf, why spend 200 million to make everything look like a cartoon. The whole reason Jurassic Park was cool is it felt like real dinosaurs running around chasing the actors.
This looks incredibly lame by comparison, I get major Kingdom of the Crystal Skull vibes off this. Bryce Dallas Howard with the flare is the only good shot that gives me any hope, and even that is just a re-tread of what we've seen.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
gently caress I keep having to remember that that's not Jessica Chastain

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm still hoping they sneak a Malcolm reference in somewhere.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Super cg-lookin' dino bustin' through a wack-rear end glass prison just like in the first movie. Don't compete with Spielberg's directing because it'll just look cheap and wack in comparison. Why come all these dinos gotta look so fake?

What

Joey Gladstone fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 2, 2015

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Because like a lot of Jurassic Park III it was stupid and should be forgotten for being a horribly bland movie which I don't know how you do for a movie with goddamn dinosaurs in it, but there you go.

Just like this movie.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
What makes me most pessimistic about this film is the role and casting of the lead characters. Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum were scientists and a mathematician - basically, totally helpless against dinosaurs, which makes the dinosaurs a real threat. There's one cool hunter dude with a shotgun, but you see him briefly and they kill him off quickly so that only the helpless characters are left.

In World, we have Chris Pratt as buff man with a shotgun and horde of helper raptors, accompanied by a scientist, but don't worry, we made her the sexiest scientist ever to exist, literally sexier than any scientist who has ever actually lived on earth, so that you're not bored as an audience when she's on screen.

The film could still work if they essentially turn it into Predator - a tense hunter vs hunter scenario deep in the woods. On the other hand, Predator worked partly because of their isolation, and they're playing up the "tons of people everywhere" angle in the JW trailers.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 2, 2015

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The most memorable thing about the original JP is the terror. It was kind of a horror film for kids. This feels more like a light action movie, I don't know if it's going to sell the idea of there being danger to the main characters.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Polo-Rican posted:

What makes me most pessimistic about this film is the role and casting of the lead characters. Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum were scientists and a mathematician - basically, totally helpless against dinosaurs, which makes the dinosaurs a real threat. There's one cool hunter dude with a shotgun, but you see him briefly and they kill him off quickly so that only the helpless characters are left.

In World, we have Chris Pratt as buff man with a shotgun and horde of helper raptors, accompanied by a scientist, but don't worry, we made her the sexiest scientist ever to exist, literally sexier than any scientist who has ever actually lived on earth, so that you're not bored as an audience when she's on screen.

The film could still work if they essentially turn it into Predator - a tense hunter vs hunter scenario deep in the woods. On the other hand, Predator worked partly because of their isolation, and they're playing up the "tons of people everywhere" angle in the JW trailers.

Is she a scientist? I thought she was basically the head of the park below the big CEO that bought ingen? Basically "sexy reboot Hammond"...

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ok, that's awesome.

Also, I can't get over the slowed down Jurassic Park theme. I don't understand why, but that poo poo works so goddamn well.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure Williams used that in one of the sequels.

I'm also pretty sure that Bryce Dallas Howard is playing the park administrator or corporate exec, not a scientist as mentioned. In most other shots she is wearing a pretty formal corporate business outfit.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

FooF posted:

Also, with the new Rex, there will undoubtedly be a clash against the T-Rex. It has to happen. Just bring in Dr. Serizawa to say "let them fight." As the T-Rex slowly loses and backs itself toward the sea, the giant moasaur becomes the new deus ex machina and swallows the I-Rex whole.

This

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I really hope the CEO for this new company isn't an evil shithead who gets killed because greedy people get what they deserve.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Polo-Rican posted:

To be fair when I saw JP1 in the theaters (many, many times...) I totally thought Lorna Dern was the hottest thing in the world. Maybe I was weird.

And of course there's this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Laura Dern was, but maybe we are weird and just appreciated an athletic build and scientific field experience :shrug:

• Locked thread