Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Waffleman_ posted:

That's like murder, right?

These episode endings are resolving less and less as time goes on. At this rate the season finale is just going to cut out mid-sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

J.A.B.C. posted:

He's a werewolf. More like euthanasia.

No, more like murder. Yung Hee cured the werewolf part by kissing him.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Maleketh posted:

These episode endings are resolving less and less as time goes on. At this rate the season finale is just going to cut out mid-sentence.

they decide to go eat dinner while trying to figure out how to solve the mystery

and if you look in the background, you can see Tony Soprano seated on the other side of the restaurant

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I take back what I said earlier.

Mr. Pickles sucks.

I thought the first few episodes were interesting when I first saw them, but the others are just bad. And the first few have next to no replay value, so I can't even really watch those anymore.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

they decide to go eat dinner while trying to figure out how to solve the mystery

and if you look in the background, you can see Tony Soprano seated on the other side of the restaurant

"Tony" gets his brains blown out, cue soft jazz and end credits.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I take back what I said earlier.

Mr. Pickles sucks.

I thought the first few episodes were interesting when I first saw them, but the others are just bad. And the first few have next to no replay value, so I can't even really watch those anymore.
Maybe you can be taught after all Gitmo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How the gently caress did they do that Brady Bunch Snickers commerical. Was that some Young Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy CGI magic?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So, word around the office is that MC Pee Pants will (finally!) be making a return on the new season of ATHF this year.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is there a premiere date for whatever they call ATHF this season?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Also what's the new name

My bet is Randomly Generated Aqua Show Name Go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Three days.

Don't lose your way.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Waffleman_ posted:

Three days.

Don't lose your way.
I can't wait to hear that song so many goddamn times, kind of funny how in comparison to GL, KLK has a leitmotif for every goddamn character that plays whenever something happens involving said character. Thank god most of those songs are great though

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't lose your way.

i'm fuckin' trying, man

but i think this road map is hosed; it's telling me East City is somewhere to the west, and North City is somehow to the east

i don't even think this is the right loving state, dude; i told you we shoulda taken that right turn at Albuquerque

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like most things in KLK, Don't Lose Your Way is overplayed and I got sick of it somewhere around the midpoint.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Like most things in KLK, Don't Lose Your Way is overplayed and I got sick of it somewhere around the midpoint.
No you don't understand man, its showing the theme of the show and is satirical and something about Hitler and the Nazi's man. This is totally not a show for young Japanese boys and manchildren otaku to jack off over and then hide behind a wall of "IT'S SATIRE!!!!" when people say how creepy/stupid the show is

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

he's blaming the imminent apocalypse on a man who had ZERO loving INVOLVEMENT with it

he has sentenced an INNOCENT MAN TO DEATH because he has no loving sense of right and wrong, and thinks that half-assed attempts to salve public opinion are more important than TRYING TO PREVENT THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF HOLY TERRA

He isn't blaming Simon. The angry mobs are. They tore down Kamina's statue. They blame Team Gurran for leading them out onto the surface only for it to turn out to be a death trap. Its not logical or right or smart, its mob mentality.

He is trying to save as many lives as possible, getting people into what he thought at the time were adequate shelters or offworld. You can't relocate and evacuate a population that doesn't trust you and are rioting in the streets. The only way he say to get the people to trust him enough to let him try and save them is to give them what they want, for someone to be help responsible for what was happening, the person they already blamed.

Its not right, its ugly, but its not illogical or stupid. Basically its the good of the one against the good of the many. If the only way to get the people to let him save them is to sacrifice one man, he is willing to do it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

MrAristocrates posted:

seriously. the character theme plays every single loving time the character does loving anything ever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, she loses her way several times in a row.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, she loses her way several times in a row.
Well I mean the music can only try so much, if she wants to ignore its advice

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

No you don't understand man, its showing the theme of the show and is satirical and something about Hitler and the Nazi's man. This is totally not a show for young Japanese boys and manchildren otaku to jack off over and then hide behind a wall of "IT'S SATIRE!!!!" when people say how creepy/stupid the show is

I didn't know it was possible to be so salty over something so stupid.
EDIT: I'm not arguing your opinion but I wanna wait till it actually airs first.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Feb 5, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Personally I think the mistake people made is watching Kill la Kill on their own instead of being patient, waiting for when Adult Swim inevitably picked it up and watching it for their first time as a support group

That's how we all got through Sword Art and that's how I'm gonna get through this lovely anime

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

JT Jag posted:

Personally I think the mistake people made is watching Kill la Kill on their own instead of being patient, waiting for when Adult Swim inevitably picked it up and watching it for their first time as a support group

That's how we all got through Sword Art and that's how I'm gonna get through this lovely anime

Hey now, the first 12 or so episodes are at least semi-decent.

Its the second half of the show where things sort of fall apart and get a little boring.

Well I mean, if you can get past the incessant T&A shots.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 5, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

HGH posted:

I didn't know it was possible to be so salty over something so stupid.
EDIT: I'm not arguing your opinion but I wanna wait till it actually airs first.
No I actually like the show, but its just I've seen some really stupid posts that try to justify it as a genuinely ingenious show instead of a dumb show with fun characters and good music.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Its the second half of the show where things sort of fall apart and get a little boring.

I'm just glad the last couple of episodes are better and back to the quality of the first 12 episodes

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

No I actually like the show, but its just I've seen some really stupid posts that try to justify it as a genuinely ingenious show instead of a dumb show with fun characters and good music.

Oh, in that case I'm 100% on board with you.

To be honest, I only started watching Gurren Lagan with this cycle on Toonami. For years I've heard of it being hyped over and over, and I can see why (even though my thoughts were always "there's no way it can be that good"). Comparing the two shows, I finally have some perspective as to why some people were so disappointed or annoyed.
At the same time, now that I think of it, they share far too much in common, even in structure.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 5, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Reminds me of another show Adult Swim showed once, one where the first few episodes are actually kinda neat and then it suddenly falls apart and the entire second half is stupid as poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And with this, we are one step closer to Jojo on Toonami.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

Reminds me of another show Adult Swim showed once, one where the first few episodes are actually kinda neat and then it suddenly falls apart and the entire second half is stupid as poo poo

Gurren Lagann's not over yet though???

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Viz, huh? Interesting. They've marketed a number of big properties so that's points in their favor in this case if nothing else.

MrAristocrates posted:

Gurren Lagann's not over yet though???
Different show, Gurren Lagann's first few episodes are great, not kinda neat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Blue Exorcist?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

But Viz is Canadians. That means instead of Troy Baker or actual badass people doing the voices, we just get a bunch of boring Terrence & Phillip noise. Why should I be excited aboot that?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Blue Exorcist?
Actually, yeah, this also fits the description.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But Viz is Canadians. That means instead of Troy Baker or actual badass people doing the voices, we just get a bunch of boring Terrence & Phillip noise. Why should I be excited aboot that?

Troy Baker hasn't done anime for years. Get with the program, Gitmo.

Also, the Black Lagoon dub was Canadian.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Brett FAH-vruh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Troy Baker hasn't done anime for years. Get with the program, Gitmo.

Ocean Group is really good and they've been known to work with Viz before so there's a decent chance they'd be the ones to do the dub if it was licensed. Which I'd be ok with.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Actually I think they do most of their dubs out of Studiopolis now like Aniplex.
That's why the test dub had Matt Mercer and Patrick Seitz as Jotaro and Dio respectively.

Viz also hates Canada and refuses to stream their stuff to them.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So is Goonami going on this week ?

I watched the first two episodes of KLK and thought it was okay. Can't wait to watch it with you guys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, about Goonami this week.

I never got around to trying to fix my streaming stuff, so we might just have to suck it up and watch Slayers with subs. If that's completely out of the question, I could put on some replacement programming like an episode of MST3K or something.

However, I managed to find a direct download of the hardsubbed versions of the last two episodes of Yoshihiko, so once I upload those to Dailymotion tomorrow, that's 100% happening.

Edit: We could also watch the Persona 5 trailer for an hour instead of Slayers. I'd be cool with that.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 6, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Jag posted:

Ocean Group is really good and they've been known to work with Viz before so there's a decent chance they'd be the ones to do the dub if it was licensed. Which I'd be ok with.

There is not even remotely a good chance they'd be the ones to do the dubbing since they already got California VAs to do the test dub episodes which Viz are the ones who most likely put them out.

Viz is headquartered in California, you mental case.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This is only tangentially related to this thread, but everyone needs to know that this summer everyone with a PS3 can beat the poo poo out of Kirito.

Live the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

TwoPair posted:

This is only tangentially related to this thread, but everyone needs to know that this summer everyone with a PS3 can beat the poo poo out of Kirito.

Live the dream.

If I had a PS3 instead of a PS4 I'd jump at the chance to have Shizuo beat the poo poo out of Kirito.

• Locked thread