Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
fy is the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vici is making Big God look like Newbee

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
fy is kind of murdering everything

edit: iceice and lanm both have less than 1000 networth. Please stop the slaughter

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
fy's got more dunks than a slam dunk contest, holy poo poo

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

How does Xboct get so big so fast? Even when he's chasing people and trying to fight dude is just crushing the net worth chart.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Na'Vi is going to lose to TongFu, Critshaker is garbage.

Edit: Anything I say, the opposite happens.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 2, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Na'Vi is going to lose to TongFu, Critshaker is garbage.

Unless he gets that one big crit just when he needs it most.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

If you hate critshaker, you hate dota.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Vanskor on a roll lately. I though Xboct was going to die, but swap and then suddenly he's cleaning up.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this navi tongfu game rules

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BG comeback incoming?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

How does Xboct get so big so fast? Even when he's chasing people and trying to fight dude is just crushing the net worth chart.
Despite some of his questionable decisions he has always been really good at farming.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man that fight mid by Na'vi was garbage. Just ran in one after the other to die.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Seriously how do you hate critshaker, what's wrong with you?

Also BG coming back against VG!

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Burning Rampage, Little Burning (Black) responds with an Ultrakill.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
An hour of Burning farm versus an hour of Black farm equals ultra kills for all.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't even understand dota anymore

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Holy poo poo that was a crazy finish.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"Hm. Next time, let's not let the Medusa farm for an hour."

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Turns out giving Burning an hour of farm on Medusa doesn't bode well for the other team.

Also good on him for buying that rapier.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I tuned in when VG were up 16-2 after twelve mins...incredible comeback and a great game there from BG. The Venge did so much work and almost completely nullified the Axe, even after Axe had such an amazing start.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
BG were never ahead that entire game, even when the GG was called, and at one point were 22k behind.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I would have preferred a Bane or OD instead of a Nyx to counter Dusa.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Crell posted:

BG were never ahead that entire game, even when the GG was called, and at one point were 22k behind.

That's kind of been the strategy for any team Burning is on. People call it "4 protect 1" and so on, but it's really just sacrificing the team net worth so that one guy can have it all. Burning really doesn't go AFK farm for an hour, he does show up in fights, but the team is always fighting a bit short handed.

Naga and Tinker had the same effect at the height of their powers, just these big gold vacuums that went around hoovering up the map while everyone else had to make do. The answer is, don't give them a whole hour.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was miscounting games and Secret had already clinched before that game, oops.

Big God's last game is against EG so they could finish second or third (depending on if VG beats Secret) if they win.

Na'Vi is fifth right now but both iG and HR can pass them because of tiebreaks with one more win, each. Na'Vi has already played all their games.

HR is guaranteed top 12 now. I think LGD and c9 Might be as well due to the 10-14 ranked teams playing each other quite a bit in the last few games but I'm not 100% sure.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The American flag on the Cloud 9 roster picture never fails to make me laugh.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

Cloud 9 never fails to make me laugh.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

Cloud 9 fails

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

docLeder posted:

Cloud 9 fails make me laugh

There. Now it's perfect.

Why does Notail always get unconventional heroes? It's always either Wisp or micro for him. When was the last time he played AA or Jakiro or whatever?

It must be a personal preference thing, because Aui was also really good at micro, but played all kinds.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If it was personal preference notail would play meepo every game

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hahahahahahahahaha DK ahahahahahaha

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

bone7 clock but that DK pick what the gently caress

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

There. Now it's perfect.

Why does Notail always get unconventional heroes? It's always either Wisp or micro for him. When was the last time he played AA or Jakiro or whatever?

It must be a personal preference thing, because Aui was also really good at micro, but played all kinds.
Usually having someone that can play them that well is something to take advantage of.

I don't get the DK pick. I guess it is just for all out push midgame so either way this game will end before naga is 6 slotted. iG have decent counter though.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I haven't Dota'd in months... lots of months, but still watch, why are you all saying Dragon Knight is bad?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
EHome beating MVP 20-3 in 20 minutes. I knew MVP was bad but wowzers.

The pennants :smith:

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 2, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Spudd posted:

I haven't Dota'd in months... lots of months, but still watch, why are you all saying Dragon Knight is bad?

Push meta is dead.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Aegis...Warlock? Just for guaranteeing he gets the refresher off, I guess.

edit: nope

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This c9 iG game is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
silence from the dota thread as c9 claws their way to victory

• Locked thread