Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

EC posted:

I've been putting in time doing all the completion stuff for each character in hard mode and, in general, not having too much of a problem. Goddamn do they snub you on keys though. It seems like for the second through fourth floors are just impossible to find any. Makes for a dejecting run most of the time.

Are you running the PS4 version or an older PC version? When the game came out, everything was a low drop chance on hard, the second or third patch fixed it so that only health drops are rare. Keys and bombs should have the same drop rate as normal mode now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Whoa, Anti-Grav + Little Plannet was hilarious, i used to think little planet was terrible but with the anti grav it was fantastic

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
When unlocking the Lost, the last step with Azazel, do you have to die to Satan specifically in his first phase? I got stepped on by his second and it didn't unlock. :mad:

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
Yes, it has to be the first half of Satan, after you beat The Fallen but before he starts stomping his feet.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

I thought you can get killed in Satan's third phase as long as you get stepped on, and not blown up by a leech?

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

kemikalkadet posted:

Are you running the PS4 version or an older PC version? When the game came out, everything was a low drop chance on hard, the second or third patch fixed it so that only health drops are rare. Keys and bombs should have the same drop rate as normal mode now.
I'm stuck on 1.01 (EU PS4) and the lack of keys is a real headache sometimes. I regularly find ZERO keys in the early game and can't visit the second floor item room, sometimes even third floor as well. The other day I had a run where no keys dropped for the entire Cathedral+Chest and I couldn't open any of the 4 freebie gold chests (was already strong enough for a win luckily).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Taratang posted:

I'm stuck on 1.01 (EU PS4) and the lack of keys is a real headache sometimes. I regularly find ZERO keys in the early game and can't visit the second floor item room, sometimes even third floor as well. The other day I had a run where no keys dropped for the entire Cathedral+Chest and I couldn't open any of the 4 freebie gold chests (was already strong enough for a win luckily).

I'm on the US Version on ps4 and the problem is definitely there. I scraped by during an Azazel run with like five keys the whole game, and had to miss the second and third floor item rooms.

DreadNite
Nov 12, 2013

EC posted:

I'm on the US Version on ps4 and the problem is definitely there. I scraped by during an Azazel run with like five keys the whole game, and had to miss the second and third floor item rooms.

It's odd how that works. Some games i'll get virtually no consumables (even with secret rooms) and others i'll get 3 dollar bills and cards to double keys/bombs/coins all the way to 99... But of course, then there's never a bank. Fking Greed...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Codiekitty posted:

I thought you can get killed in Satan's third phase as long as you get stepped on, and not blown up by a leech?

You can but there's literally no reason to not just die in phase 2.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

You can but there's literally no reason to not just die in phase 2.

Thwarted by my own blue fly/spider spawns. :(

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Taratang posted:

I'm stuck on 1.01 (EU PS4)

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that SCEE is as lovely as ever with developer turnaround times.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

First Mega Satan kill, woop.

Helps to have Dad's Key drop on Basement 2...

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I had to abuse the alt-f4 trick to do it, but finally beat Issac and The Lamb with The Lost. Now I have to find those last items and also work out the easiest way to get both meat boy and bandage girl, then I'm done.
Through normal play I've managed to get a meat boy (but not the final form) but I've never seen anything more than the floating girl head. I'll have to read up on the best way to cheese those.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gromit posted:

I had to abuse the alt-f4 trick to do it, but finally beat Issac and The Lamb with The Lost. Now I have to find those last items and also work out the easiest way to get both meat boy and bandage girl, then I'm done.
Through normal play I've managed to get a meat boy (but not the final form) but I've never seen anything more than the floating girl head. I'll have to read up on the best way to cheese those.

Set up an infinite reroll and monster manual.
Good luck as even that is difficult and rare to pull off!!

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Some news from twitter

quote:

Edmund McMillen @EdmundMcMillenn
just a heads up, just did the math and there will be easily over 100 new items in the upcoming rebirth expansion.. on top of A LOT more...
the new item list was sitting at 50-60 for a while till i realized if i added a new character & 2 new "ends" id need roughly 30 new unlocks

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Atomicated posted:

Some news from twitter

The only thing that makes me feel is a rising sense of horror at having to do two more endings with The Lost

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

AnonSpore posted:

The only thing that makes me feel is a rising sense of horror at having to do two more endings with The Lost

oh gently caress me that's not gonna be good

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT?? Gotta hit platinum god faster!!! :f5:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

400 deaths later I have decided I will never unlock any of the Lost items besides the one for beating It Lives, and I still have no idea how I managed to even do that.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

400 deaths later I have decided I will never unlock any of the Lost items besides the one for beating It Lives, and I still have no idea how I managed to even do that.

I posted earlier I beat the lamb (and only the lamb thanks to accidentally skipping everything with Undefined).

I was on my last dead cat life despite having Holy Mantle and Infamy, and I didn't have enough damage to beat the lamb fast enough so I actually ran through the dark room until I used undefined again to restart the dark room, grabbing Cricket's Head in the process and then finally beating the Lamb all on my last life without any F4/quitting shenanigans.

Basically pray to the RNG gods for salvation.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I thought all the quitting / restarting shenanigans were patched out.

Is it still possible to mash some buttons during the death sequence to avoid ending a run??

Also what's all this about infinite Krampus?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

ArfJason posted:

Set up an infinite reroll and monster manual.
Good luck as even that is difficult and rare to pull off!!

Yep, after a few false starts I finally got both of them. I had pyro and ipecac so it was a laugh to just power through to The Lamb and be able to heal whenever I needed to. I picked up the mirror in the room just before the end for a laugh as I figured boomerang healing bombs would be amusing.
The mistake I realise I just made, though, is that while I had infinite reroll I should have played for the items I'm still missing. Doh.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Cobalt60 posted:

I thought all the quitting / restarting shenanigans were patched out.

Is it still possible to mash some buttons during the death sequence to avoid ending a run??

Also what's all this about infinite Krampus?

strictly speaking you could still save scum regardless by exiting and copying the save game data

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
You know what's worse than dying to Satan as The Lost?

Doing it twice in a row.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

messagemode1 posted:

Basically pray to the RNG gods for salvation.

The realization of just how much my success with the lost depended on being exceedingly lucky with RNG is what finally convinced me to just alt+f4 scum my way through the thing. I feel like if they just removed items that did absolutely nothing for the lost it'd make it a lot less of an unfun pain in the rear end.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mons Hubris posted:

I already decided I will never unlock The Lost. It's easier that way.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Thank christ.

Never again. I think Boss Rush took me about five tries (alt-f4'ing out every time, then doing Depths 2 -> Mom -> Boss Rush again), but once I became Guppy in the Womb it was smooth sailing. What a relief.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
In the future, you can just exit the game normally in the boss rush room before you start the fight and then when you alt+f4 you'll start there and won't have to do the whole floor again.

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Who needs a devil room?
:unsmigghh:

oops, I killed mega satan so hard it crashed the game

and started me back here

RonJeremysBalzac fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 1, 2015

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Anchors posted:

In the future, you can just exit the game normally in the boss rush room before you start the fight and then when you alt+f4 you'll start there and won't have to do the whole floor again.

Oh man, I wish I'd known that earlier, that's a great tip. I doubt I'll ever do Boss Rush with The Lost again but who knows what the expansion will throw at us. Meanwhile I've already found three of the new unlocked items and am only missing D100 and The Mind for Real Platinum God. Godhead tears are so fun.

edit: D100 down. :)
edit2: And the D100 eventually delivered The Mind. I guess I'm officially ready for the expansion after 182 hours.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 1, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Now this is an Eden start I can get behind.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Now this is an Eden start I can get behind.

Not trying to brag, but my last Eden start was three red hearts, Brimstone, and Tammy's head.

... still died in the Boss Rush due to basically no health-ups the whole run... :smugissar:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Well that was fun.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Did you end up with some lovely unworkable combo or were you able to cherrypick through that mess

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I ran out of keys but was oneshotting everything anyway. Got scythes, triple shot with Monstro's Lung and Proptosis that took forever to charge but of course annihilated everything. Then Ludovico and Tiny Planet ruined it. Sadly Ludo didn't seem to explode on contact with Ipecac. Also Isaac's Heart + Blood Rights = infinite Necronomicon spam for free.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

finally

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Finally.

I was screenshotting my death screens in case it inexplicably failed to give me the unlock again.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

IMJack posted:

Finally.

I was screenshotting my death screens in case it inexplicably failed to give me the unlock again.

You say finally... but this is only the beginning of your suffering.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Unlocked all The Lost stuff without Alt-F4ing. I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Worst moments were Boss Rush deaths when I died to a Scythe on wave 14, and the other where Monstro II Brimmed me from just off screen.

Hell of a lot better at the game after all that though.

e: Also just had Spirit of the Night spawn on Caves II as a Boss Room item. Any explanation? I do have Goat Head and an Angel Room opened next to it.

That Which Squeaks fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

That Which Squeaks posted:

Unlocked all The Lost stuff without Alt-F4ing. I'm not sure I'd recommend it. Worst moments were Boss Rush deaths when I died to a Scythe on wave 14, and the other where Monstro II Brimmed me from just off screen.

Hell of a lot better at the game after all that though.

e: Also just had Spirit of the Night spawn on Caves II as a Boss Room item. Any explanation? I do have Goat Head and an Angel Room opened next to it.

The Fallen always drops a Devil item instead of a normal Boss item.