Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So here's something I found, a Glenn McCoy parody I drew back in 2013.

I don't even remember the context for this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Mo0 posted:

Tinsley just got :owned: by his two week delay.

I don't get it? What are we referencing?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Garrand posted:

Oh god why did I travel down that rabbit hole.

I did learn a new word, though: slore. You can probably guess what that is coming from a PUA site.

I'd actually forgotten that Heartiste is a PUA site and not just MRA stuff. (I know about Heartiste from We Hunted The Mammoth, a site that makes fun of MRA websites.) I'm surprised Muir still reads PUA sites since he has also given props to the Men Going Their Own Way thing. (Women who find out about MGTOW are usually like "so why don't they just loving go already?")

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Evilreaver posted:

A few days ago Romney ruled out running, and not in the "I'm actually running but don't want to admit it" way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Evilreaver posted:

Romney announced he wouldn't be running a couple of days ago.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm pretty sure the folks the Tau are based on aren't/weren't big on voting either

Okay, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, since I know only the basics of warhams. Aren't the Tau like space Gundam men with blue skin?

(also thanks for the laugh, guy who said leftists wouldn't execute people)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Okay, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, since I know only the basics of warhams. Aren't the Tau like space Gundam men with blue skin?

They're space Brave New World with gundams.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

WitchFetish posted:

The Tau are utilitarian collectivists who don't give much of a poo poo about individual rights. They're sometimes called communist but it's arguable how accurate that is.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Tau are utilitarian collectivists who don't give much of a poo poo about individual rights. They're sometimes called communist but it's arguable how accurate that is.

They were communist in the same way that the Soviet Union and the PRC were/are communist: Nominally.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Tau are basically anime space collectivists. They're all about "The Greater Good" in the utilitarian sense and they have a society divided by caste system that IIRC is pretty strictly enforced. You're born a soldier and you'll stay that until the day you die. Same for diplomats, workers, etc. I doubt voting comes into play much, pretty sure the Water caste rules everything.

Edit:It's also pretty telling that they are ostensibly the "nicest" faction in the setting since they don't just kill anyone not of their species.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 2, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

In a galaxy that's xenophobic as hell, the Tau are the most welcoming of diversity. But that just means they put you in a work camp and sterilise you instead of killing you.

Warhammer 40k is just everything being awful on a stupidly large scale that you can't help but love it. Just never start playing the game.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Tau are basically anime space collectivists. They're all about "The Greater Good" in the utilitarian sense and they have a society divided by caste system that IIRC is pretty strictly enforced. You're born a soldier and you'll stay that until the day you die. Same for diplomats, workers, etc. I doubt voting comes into play much, pretty sure the Water caste rules everything.

Edit:It's also pretty telling that they are ostensibly the "nicest" faction in the setting since they don't just kill anyone not of their species.

Also, since humans are capable of reproducing both earlier in life and stay able to longer than Tau do, they will often introduce contraceptives into the water supplies of Tau-controlled human populations, particularly any who might harbor pro-Imperial sentiment
This way, harmonious attitudes are cultivated amongst the humans, divisive ones weeded out, and the greater good is served

I Killed GBS fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 2, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Best thing Warhammer ever gave the world was Starcraft.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This thread is the internet locker all you guys have been shoved into, huh

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
says the man who was once banned over LP drama

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, because the rest of the site is filled with such balanced, sociable, well adjusted people. Here we are, dorking up the good name of Something Awful Dot Com

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

This thread is the internet locker all you guys have been shoved into, huh
Well most goons wouldn't fit in a real life locker.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

:drat:

But seriously, I prefer this kind of silly derail over a derail about why we should stop posting [artist]. At least no one's getting seriously angry about either side.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

Well most goons wouldn't fit in a real life locker.

I'm pretty sure the high school years of like 80% of goons would prove you wrong, buddy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

no loving way

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Mister Beeg posted:

So here's something I found, a Glenn McCoy parody I drew back in 2013.

I don't even remember the context for this:

Haha I requested this after one of the usual suspects posted another cartoon depicting King Kong or Frankenstein's monster, or the phantom of the opera, or something as the villian.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

frajaq posted:

no loving way

It's legit. Apparently the creator's son is some massive WH40K nerd.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Best thing Warhammer ever gave the world was Dawn of War
:colbert:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Gotta concur, Scott McNeil's performances were exemplary.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alas, I am defeated

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

It's legit. Apparently the creator's son is some massive WH40K nerd.

Which son? Jeff?

Bil Keane's other son is Glen Keane, a former Disney animator superstar.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^
No idea whatsoever. I just remember seeing that before and someone saying his son was a Warhammer nerd and when Bil Keane asked him for a halloween character idea...

Fulchrum posted:

Best thing Warhammer ever gave the world was Starcraft.
Ciaphas Cain is p. okay if only as an introduction to the Harry Flashman novels.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

The Tau are ruled by the Ethereal caste iirc, on the basis that they are wise and noble leaders (or its some kind of psychic/hormonal control). I've never heard of infighting amongst them though.

Yeah, I had to post to clarify that. :smith: :vomarine:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

WitchFetish posted:

You're welcome, I guess. I was talking about a goofy hypothetical, not the real world, but whatevs.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

tacodaemon posted:

I'd actually forgotten that Heartiste is a PUA site and not just MRA stuff. (I know about Heartiste from We Hunted The Mammoth, a site that makes fun of MRA websites.) I'm surprised Muir still reads PUA sites since he has also given props to the Men Going Their Own Way thing. (Women who find out about MGTOW are usually like "so why don't they just loving go already?")

Thanks for this website it is amazing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Here's a random selection of cartoons from the Canberra Times and The Age, as usual. Been a while, they're mostly crap.

PM Abbott knighted Prince Phillip for Australia Day, earning the contempt of absolutely everybody with half a brain

WorkChoices :unsmigghh:

And everybody's favourite Australian cartoonist, Petty:

God dammit Petty. Your message is usually good but you are just so, so aggressively untalented.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fulchrum posted:

Best thing Warhammer ever gave the world was the Eisenhorn / Ravenor books.

Let's be fair, who wasn't banned over LP drama a few times?

frajaq posted:

no loving way
Hah. Every time.

Anyways, a (belated) followup to Rorus' Sunday School:

"Let me finish my prayers"
Bridal price according to Islam
"What made you turn from the Holy Book?
This book! (Lenin)"
Someone with better eyesight will have to figure out the sins of the granny on the left.
Religion is poison - save your children.
Pictured - Chamberlain (not that one)
Soviet and Capitalist culture (three guesses as to what the book on the right is) (No, not Atlas Shrugged, but thank you for going for the absolutely obvious joke)
loving religious beggars trying to corrupt Soviet youth. (AFAIK, the Hebrew letters don't actually mean anything, which is odd)

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Lots of great stuff there, Xander, but 31 at once is a little overwhelming.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

MissEchelon posted:

And everybody's favourite Australian cartoonist, Petty:

God dammit Petty. Your message is usually good but you are just so, so aggressively untalented.

You missed one

I drew this with my left hand.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Soviet anti-religion cartoons are pretty ballin, if sometimes bizarre

Mohammad: O, Allah, be happy, Mussolini is the protector of Islam, we are gonna get more true believers up here!

"On the modern level"

"Oh Lord, forgive my abstractionist son!"
magazine title: THE UNBELIEVER AT THE WORKPLACE
Church party!
"I, the unbeliever"

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mister Beeg posted:

I drew this with my left hand.

And yet, the font is still more legible than Streeter's.

Texas sure sounds like a swell state.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Samuel Clemens posted:

Do they celebrate the day with sniping non-whites or non-christians?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Samuel Clemens posted:

Just in case anyone thinks this is a joke: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/01/texas-governor-declares-feb-2-chris-kyle-day/

God, this loving state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Duckbag posted:

Pretty sure Leftist Warhammer wouldn't even have the death penalty.

The capital penalty is redefined as a penalty inflicted to your capital. A fate worse than death.

• Locked thread