Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why would Logan not want to hire Gorilla Man? Ken and him'd get along great, sharing war stories, getting drunk, watching hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If I remember correctly, it's because Kitty "no fun" Pride was in control of hiring. Logan was basically spending all his time trying to raise cash to keep the school running.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

First result of a Google Image Search for "Marvel Rockslide Doesn't Have Junk":

This page is a complete narrative. It is a story about every class at the x-men academy ever.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The MSJ posted:

So that's his job at the school. Or maybe he just got the job nobody wants.

Wolverine & The X-Men #19

Still have no idea why Ms. Sloan didn't get hired on. I mean, she has Wolverine Hair and everything.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I'm not up-to-date on the X-Men. Who is lava-barfy dude and how does he speak?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Chamber? He's pretty old school. Has the ability to blast energy from his upper chest, but blew most of his lower jaw off as his powers manifested.

He speaks by being a superhero.

edit - Is he telepathic? He's meant to be some sort of tele-thing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yes, Chamber is a low-level telepath. He is able to broadcast his thoughts but can't read people's minds or much else.

His entire body is basically filled with crazy psionic lava energy that bursts out of his mouth-region; he actually destroyed a huge chunk of his body when his powers manifested, and his body is dead by any conventional measures that don't include walking around and changing your pants. He doesn't eat or breathe and there's a good chance he's actually just a purely psionic being who manifests a meat-shell to walk around in because that's what he remembers himself as being. Which makes it pretty appropriate for him to be teaching that class because he's got lots of freaky body issues!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Didn't they make him into a pseudo-Apocalypse at some point?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

We don't talk about that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just like most other x-men.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KayTee posted:

His secondary mutation is already well documented.

e: dunno source

Not the last time Transonic gets teased about wandering around naked.

You think she'd put on some pants or something.
New X-Men, dunno number.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

goatface posted:

Chamber? He's pretty old school. Has the ability to blast energy from his upper chest, but blew most of his lower jaw off as his powers manifested.

He speaks by being a superhero.

edit - Is he telepathic? He's meant to be some sort of tele-thing.

Any character that originated from Generation X being described as "old school" makes me feel like a loving dinosaur.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Not the last time Transonic gets teased about wandering around naked.

New X-Men, dunno number.

Her costume is being a Mystique cosplayer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Transonic was shown wearing clothes at the dance party in the Young Avengers finale, while earlier in Young Avengers Rockslide was naked when he helped fight the interdimensional invaders.

What about Ben Grimm? He's always wearing pants, although he is naked in the latest movie version (at least at first).

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 2, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What is up with the skeleton-filled jello dude :stare: That's, uh. That's a hell of a mutation. Your entire loving skeleton is showing, you have no room to be bitching someone else out for being naked.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Say Nothing posted:

New X-Men, dunno number.

Says the big pink naked guy with the visible skeletal (and, what else, digestive, depending on who draws him?) system. I'm gonna assume Glob also doesn't have junk because it would be way too horrible if he did.

Oh and to answer above, he's made of, like, flammable wax or something? I actually have this one saved in imgur, so no source:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

Says the big pink naked guy with the visible skeletal (and, what else, digestive, depending on who draws him?) system. I'm gonna assume Glob also doesn't have junk because it would be way too horrible if he did.

It should just look like a water balloon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Globb really have no reason to wear clothes most of the time.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What is up with the skeleton-filled jello dude :stare: That's, uh. That's a hell of a mutation. Your entire loving skeleton is showing, you have no room to be bitching someone else out for being naked.

His body is made out of paraffin wax. His powers are the standard strength and durability. Someone earlier said Sauron made him into a dinosaur. What does that look like?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The MSJ posted:

His body is made out of paraffin wax. His powers are the standard strength and durability. Someone earlier said Sauron made him into a dinosaur. What does that look like?

If there's any goodness in the world, a translucent Barney or :baby:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Globb really have no reason to wear clothes most of the time.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

The MSJ posted:

It's

pretty

great

but all things must end

Spider-Man & The X-Men #2

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Transonic was shown wearing clothes at the dance party in the Young Avengers finale.

She appears to understand the concept of pants, perhaps she's just a nudist?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TriceraGlobb needs to have one of those gimmicky toys made of him.

If Sauron thinks dinosaurs are so superior, why is he still in more clothes than the others?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

The MSJ posted:

If Sauron thinks dinosaurs are so superior, why is he still in more clothes than the others?

Little known fact, pants were actually invented by dinosaurs. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yo man no one wants to see sauron's cloaca.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

If I remember correctly, it's because Kitty "no fun" Pride was in control of hiring. Logan was basically spending all his time trying to raise cash to keep the school running.

Yeah, Kitty was hiring. Funny thing, out of the candidates there, Firestar did get hired eventually.

Anyway, here's a picture that doesn't really need context from Batgirl 38

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The MSJ posted:

TriceraGlobb needs to have one of those gimmicky toys made of him.

How dare you shame him for being a never-nude! There are dozens of people like him! DOZENS!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Man, how many times has this thread been derailed by a dinosaur genital discussion now?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Say Nothing posted:

Man, how many times has this thread been derailed by a dinosaur genital discussion now?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ignite Memories posted:

This page is a complete narrative. It is a story about every class at the x-men academy ever.

Now that Beak's found love what is he gonna do with it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

She appears to understand the concept of pants, perhaps she's just a nudist?

I think the artists are just perverts.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Lurdiak posted:

I think there was an excuse at some point about her transformed form having lower air resistance or something so that she could fly faster, but pretty much this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

We're talking about comic books here so I thought this pretty much went without saying.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sefer posted:

I think there was an excuse at some point about her transformed form having lower air resistance or something so that she could fly faster, but pretty much this.

If speed holes make things go faster then just imagine if your costume was 95% holes!!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

So it turns out that Kitty herself became the jerk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

She's terrible, really. Most writers seem to like take as granted that you already like her so focus on making her "quirky" but she just comes across as a huge rear end in a top hat.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lurdiak posted:

She's terrible, really. Most writers seem to like take as granted that you already like her so focus on making her "quirky" but she just comes across as a huge rear end in a top hat.

I feel like this describes most terrible characters. Especially those from webcomics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Joe Kelly's Deadpool run, some issue, who cares, just read the entire run.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Kitty Pride has always been a terrible person, her panache for tonedeaf equivocation of mutie and actual slurs was a pretty big signpost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Kitty Pride has always been a terrible person, her panache for tonedeaf equivocation of mutie and actual slurs was a pretty big signpost.

...OK, like, I can understand if you think the writer was being dumb, but, in-story, how is Kitty wrong for making that argument?