Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Wicaeed posted:

Good luck with the G710. Pretty much turned me off of Logitech gear after keys started breaking less than 6 months after I got it.

Logitech wouldn't honor their warranty without a store receipt, and of course you can't buy replacement keys, that would be crazy!!!!!

/\/\/\/\ Edit, did not know the policy had changed.

Logitech have very good support, probably the best out of any peripheral manufacturer and they have honored a warranty for me in the past without a receipt, they wanted a picture of the serial number in the battery compartment of the mouse though. In addition the "keys" are Cherry MX (Browns if I remember correctly) and you can find them online in hundreds of locations for about 1 €, and are relatively easy to replace.

2nd edit - Wait what? the actual plastic keys are damaged? How the gently caress do you manage that? Anyway they're still cherry so you can buy replacement keycaps from countless places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
My once-yearly shop of 10 of these:

They're so much nicer than the thin metal Swann handles - they're thicker which means less hand fatigue when cutting up complex models/graphics and they retract so there's no chance of stabbing yourself in the arse when you put it in your back pocket. The retracting action also makes it really easy to 'eject' the blades. I lose 1-2 per job and I give them to my assistants to replace the thin ones they have.

Also: 300 10A blades, which will last about a month. Foamboard :negative:

echoplex has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Jan 31, 2015

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

JEEVES420 posted:

Are you going to paint it?

I am indeed. I've trimmed it, made a skeleton, stuffed it with polyester and glued it all together. I've got the paints here, I just need better weather to be able to airbrush it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

I love the colour scheme. Would've ganked your style if the customized version didn't cost something like 35% more than the plain one :-/

Thanks! I wanted to do all white with the red swoosh, but my woman stepped in and made me tone it down and add the black. I had to buy it custom to get the 4e wide, so I went to town.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Kind of bummed that Nike has only 3 4E sized iD shoes. Having wide feet sucks if you like shoes :(

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Trillest Parrot posted:

Kind of bummed that Nike has only 3 4E sized iD shoes. Having wide feet sucks if you like shoes :(

I only went with Nike because Adidas doesn't have any 4e at all.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Logitech still replaces broken thing under warranty for free. I sent them a picture of my broken mouse and they sent me the upgraded version less than three months ago.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

crosshatch posted:

Just bought this!

Waiting for the download to finish and then the fiancee and I are gonna adventure game it up.

It's so good. I could have bought it for the re-recorded score alone.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

blarzgh posted:

I only went with Nike because Adidas doesn't have any 4e at all.

If you need running shoes, Asics and New Balance both make 4E shoes that work well for me. I'd go to a running store and have them analyze your gait, though.

If you need good looking shoes for any other reason, you're hosed.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

echoplex posted:

My once-yearly shop of 10 of these:

Got a link? I could use one of these

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nierbo posted:

How does all this 'resistant to water' stuff last after a few washes? Doesn't it wash off the scotchguarding?
I've put it through multiple light showers and I've never gotten wet.

Also I've worn the coat for two seasons and haven't washed it. I don't think it needs to be washed.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I wanted to give you a high-5 but I cant find what movement penalty I need to apply.

I just picked this up as well, so excited to play but hoped it would be better written. I would have paid twice as much if it was written by an actual technical writer. I think I am going to use the online tool to teach myself the game

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

A second SLR: Nikon EM. They're sort of weird because they shoot in aperture priority mode only, but I wanted a lightweight camera to carry around all the time.

And a Pointer Chore coat because they were on sale.

LooksLikeABabyRat has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Feb 2, 2015

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Picked up an iPad Air 2 to replace my Nexus 7.

Nice piece of hardware.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Vegetable posted:

Also I've worn the coat for two seasons and haven't washed it. I don't think it needs to be washed.

This is so goony and disgusting unless you wore that coat 3 times.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Life is good.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vegetable posted:

It's synthetic insulation, the whole point of which is easy care, namely, washing.

syrairc
Sep 13, 2006
wait what

Astrobastard posted:

2nd edit - Wait what? the actual plastic keys are damaged? How the gently caress do you manage that? Anyway they're still cherry so you can buy replacement keycaps from countless places

The little socket piece that attaches the key to the switch is really, really weak plastic and ends up cracking from tiny amounts of horizontal force and then eventually breaking off. Buying random replacement keys (or switching a less used key into its place) doesn't work because the keys are all shaped. Really disappointed in Logitech for that one. I've never had a Logitech product break from normal use, much less a keyboard. Keep your receipt, dude who bought one.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Tim Whatley posted:

Life is good.
I will be joining you in this purchase once they're available on Amazon, 'cause gift cards through CoinStar are awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

derekcooper posted:

Excellent choice. Benchmade for life. I just bought a 707 and 710.

For real... Got it the other day. This is my first Benchmade and before I was like "eh, I'm sure they're nice..." but never really understood the hype.

This is seriously the nicest knife I've had, and it just feels amazing.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

New one of these:

Cause the one that model year came with is ugly as sin

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bought this poster (Akuma - Selma is on the left for comparison) and I think I'm going to die of glee when it gets here.

Extremely tempted to get this one also.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Feb 3, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Nice, reminds me of the new Spongebob poster riff

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Nice, reminds me of the new Spongebob poster riff

Wait, that's real? As in a real piece of marketing content and not a fanart?

:supaburn:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yes, it is. They also did Jurassic World and Terminator Genesis

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

and

because I needed some black and white Bicycles for my poker game.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

its pretty cool, thinking about getting the bass or samples to go with it

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Barnyard Protein posted:

its pretty cool, thinking about getting the bass or samples to go with it

On my phone, the knob above and to the right of the red display says, "cuck"

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I'm going to try this Audiophile business..

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

FiiO E10K

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

DT990s are loving incredible headphones. So comfy too.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

blarzgh posted:

On my phone, the knob above and to the right of the red display says, "cuck"

yeah one thing i learned the hard way is that you should never turn up that knob. the others are fine, but never ever touch that knob.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I use my iPhone 6 naked, but sometimes, when I'm out and about, I'd like to have some protection. Enter, the Zerolemon Razor Amor:

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-iphone-6-razor-armor-dual-layer-protective-case-carbon-black/

Similar design to the Spigen Armor, arguably better, but it's $10 on Amazon right now with coupon ZEROLEM3

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I use my iPhone 6 naked, but sometimes, when I'm out and about, I'd like to have some protection. Enter, the Zerolemon Razor Amor:

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-iphone-6-razor-armor-dual-layer-protective-case-carbon-black/

Similar design to the Spigen Armor, arguably better, but it's $10 on Amazon right now with coupon ZEROLEM3

"Uh oh, don't want anyone to think I'm a peasant with an ANDROID phone, gotta make sure there's a logo cutout"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

"Uh oh, don't want anyone to think I'm a peasant with an ANDROID phone, gotta make sure there's a logo cutout"
I, for one, would prefer the logo covered to help prevent dust from getting in.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
the spigen version has a clear film there to prevent dust

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

beanieson posted:

the spigen version has a clear film there to prevent dust
Ah, that's nice then. Like I said, it's just to protect my phone if I'm going to a concert or something like that, so there shouldn't be an issue of dust getting inside and spending weeks or months scratching the back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Ha, I feel the same way about mine but the cutouts were the only ones available around launch on Amazon.ca.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Thought I'd missed out on tickets, but some more came up (going to be a birthday present to me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Two tickets to see them live!