Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

bbc football posted:

The Daily Mirror's Darren Lewis tweets West Ham have made a late move to sign Emmanuel Adebayor after the Spurs striker rejected an offer to go to Crystal Palace.

oh gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Michael Tonge has joined Millwall and it looks like Leeds are bringing in a big lad called Edgar Cani with Strong Albanian genetics

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Spiffeh posted:

oh gently caress off

You need someone to cover Sakho after he gets suspended.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Yakubu to Reading is a thing, I honestly didn't know he is still playing.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Spiffeh posted:

oh gently caress off

Adebayor on loan is always a great signing tho

Sassasin are you surprised that the big Cork rumour appeared and he signed about a day later? I mean it's not really in the papers and I only found out when it was mentioned on the live blog today that it happened three loving days ago.

e; and Turgott and Fanimo are gone. Fanimo's claim to fame is he scored 4 in an u21 game once when Ravel was dicking on everyone.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Spiffeh posted:

oh gently caress off

Zarate is better than Adebayor but isn't over 6 ft and can do a stepover so Fat Sam shipped him out on loan

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Why am I not a paid Football Manager Expert I'm a fat shut in who has 1000's of hours my life wasted in the game and can spout off about that one time Liverpool won the league and Balotelli was top scorer with Pirlo playing behind him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

Sassasin are you surprised that the big Cork rumour appeared and he signed about a day later? I mean it's not really in the papers and I only found out when it was mentioned on the live blog today that it happened three loving days ago.

He'd been linked for a while. I always thought it was just cause his Dad used to manage the club, but Monk was apparently monitoring him.

It looks like he and Southampton had a falling out over his new contract and both parties stormed off and forced through the move really quickly. There wasn't that couple of weeks of negotiating back and forth where the papers usually catch wind of things from mouthy secretaries and agents trying to start a bidding war.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I see that Alessandro Matri to the Juventus subs bench is a thing that has happened.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 4m4 minutes ago
#MUFC contacted #AVFC suggesting they may recall Tom Cleverley from season-long loan if option to buy now for £7m not taken #bbcdeadlineday

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 5m5 minutes ago
#AVFC declined, will consider summer free. #MUFC can't loan Cleverley again: players can't rep more than 2 clubs in 1 season #bbcdeadlineday

I know Cleverley is a scapegoat amongst the troll crowd here but £7m lmao

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

euroboy posted:

lmao

i mean, he has been absolutely shite for us. he's just another body in midfield. he's not a big loss, and he will leave for free regardless of what man united do. might as well get him off their contract book

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
phwoar imagine the knockdowns big andy and manu could do between them, one of them swings with the elbows, the other one rakes their faces with his studs after they fall, a legit gruesome twosome ready to wreak havoc and score upwards of three goals in twenty games

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

euroboy posted:

#MUFC contacted #AVFC suggesting they may recall Tom Cleverley from season-long loan if option to buy now for £7m not taken #bbcdeadlineday

#AVFC declined, will consider summer free. #MUFC can't loan Cleverley again: players can't rep more than 2 clubs in 1 season #bbcdeadlineday

Is Woodward still allowed to be in charge of transfers because this is legit hilarious if true

e; Zaha back to Palace hahahaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MrBling posted:

I see that Alessandro Matri to the Juventus subs bench is a thing that has happened.

Allegri has to have his man. He'll manage to pull that turd with him wherever he goes.

Milan have signed balding trashman Gabriel Paletta from Parma, who have lost most of their good players this window and are very obviously getting ready for Serie B.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Roma are trying to get Kaboul on loan from Spurs.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

euroboy posted:

I watched arsenal vs villa and I was shocked when cleverley was subbed off after 66 mins because I didn't even realise he was on the pitch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Big Carlton Cole might be moving to West Brom since Pulis loves a tall striker even more than Fat Sam

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Turns out Eisfeld is having talks with 2.Bundesliga outfit Bochum.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Spangly A posted:

e; Zaha back to Palace hahahaha

What a brilliant use of £20m that was :(

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

The Guardian posted:

Looks like Younes Kaboul has agreed to join #whufc from Spurs.

:shepicide:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Could be worse, West Ham were linked with Distin earlier today

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

What a brilliant use of £20m that was :(

If United were any other club, they would probably be investigated for irregularities on some of Fergie's dodgy transfers in the last few years.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spiffeh posted:

oh gently caress off

You seem angry

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

feed the yak and he will score!!

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

Jose posted:

Could be worse, West Ham were linked with Distin earlier today

at least distin used to be good, kaboul has been nothing but dogshit forever

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

Alex_R posted:

You seem angry

imagine supporting a team managed by big hoofball sam who leaves good players on the bench to play his mates andy carroll and kevin nolan and is then signing complete shithouses adebyaor and kaboul

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Spiffeh posted:

He was actually real good when rejoined from Pompey and until his big injury. He is pretty bad now though.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Spiffeh posted:

He'll win every header though. Big Younes will be knocking them back up field for Big Andy then come sprinting upfield so you concede after Big Ade loses possession.

I can't wait to watch west ham now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spiffeh posted:

imagine supporting a team managed by big hoofball sam who leaves good players on the bench to play his mates andy carroll and kevin nolan and is then signing complete shithouses adebyaor and kaboul

The only time Adebayor has been any good the last few years was when he was on loan tbf

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

The only time Adebayor has been any good the last few years was when he was on loan tbf

He's great in his first six months at any club and then goes to poo poo.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He just plays for a contract then sits on his arse until he needs a new one

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

He's great in his first six months at any club and then goes to poo poo.

He is always great while negotiating a new deal

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Antares posted:

He'll win every header though. Big Younes will be knocking them back up field for Big Andy then come sprinting upfield so you concede after Big Ade loses possession.

I can't wait to watch west ham now

This is the sort of advanced stats Big Sam loves when he defends Collins as our best defender

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Edgar Cani to Leeds is a done deal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Remember when Adebayor and Assou-Ekotto were banished from the squad by Villas Boas, so they spent match days in the directors box tweeting pictures of themselves making fun of AVB when Spurs played like poo poo?

I enjoyed that.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TelekineticBear! posted:

Woah that's a good deal for Leeds, I know tbp really rates him, surprised they can afford psg's asking price though

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It's not bold yet, but it seems highly likely that in addition to having secured Graeme Shinnie on a precontract, Aberdeen FC are probably going to sign St Mirren's Kenny McLean for a six-figure fee and Dortmund's Lukas Culjak on a free.

If anyone cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

TelekineticBear! posted:

I thought they were under a transfer ban

• Locked thread