Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was hoping they would offer eShop cards like they are in Japan, but this still owns. I can buy my girlfriend a bunch of free games when I give her my 3DSXL :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Thanks to my hoarding of Club Nintendo codes like a dragon hoards treasures, I have 2100+ coins to burn, so I guess I'm getting some good poo poo. Provided the site comes back up.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Thanks to my hoarding of Club Nintendo codes like a dragon hoards treasures, I have 2100+ coins to burn, so I guess I'm getting some good poo poo. Provided the site comes back up.

I've got 710, I think, and the site went down just as I tried to log in after waking up this morning. :( Hopefully it'll be soon?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm just regretting burning coins on virtual console games earlier in the year..I really want that messenger bag, but I'm like 500 coins short

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Almost was able to load, enough to see the Fierce Deity jigsaw puzzle. Anyone have a pick of the MM messenger bag? Or how many coins?

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Of course I'm 35 coins shy of Wonderful 101, really regretting that copy of Kirby's Dream Land 3 now. Going to have to find some eShop stuff to buy I guess, probably when the site stops exploding.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nephzinho posted:

Almost was able to load, enough to see the Fierce Deity jigsaw puzzle. Anyone have a pick of the MM messenger bag? Or how many coins?

For reference on Physical prizes (taken from Tiny Cartridge, @NintenDaan on Twitter:

3DS Cardcase

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
800 coins for this bad boy:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

jivjov posted:

I'm just regretting burning coins on virtual console games earlier in the year..I really want that messenger bag, but I'm like 500 coins short
I picked up Metroid earlier in the year, which is now making me decide between Link's Awakening and Super Metroid. I can't decide. (On second thought, I'm pretty sure metroid gave me my last DDP credit).

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Cute:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Woulda gotten it if it was 1000 pieces

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Liquid Penguins posted:

800 coins for this bad boy:

That is pretty meh. Probably going to be the best Coin::$ converter, though. Was hoping for a big ticket item like the Luigi Mansion statue from last year, 2,000 coins to burn.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
Going back and forth on the messenger bag. Anyone had experience with older Club Nintendo messenger bags? It looks cool, but the chance to not spend money on Kid Icarus: Uprising or NSMB2 is pretty tempting.

Similarly, can anyone speak to the quality of the XL pouch?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Picked up the messenger bag to carry poo poo to dnd night at the local bar. And doc Louis' punch out, because it was an exclusive I missed and the only punch out game I didn't have.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Do redeemed games still churn out their own reward coins? Or are they treating these like new releases now?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Minidust posted:

Do redeemed games still churn out their own reward coins? Or are they treating these like new releases now?

The site's too dead to know...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is it true that street pass does not work while in NSMB2? I think I read that somewhere.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gently caress me. I only have 265 coins. Won't be nearly enough for a decent game (I was hoping I'd have enough for DKCR) :(

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tempted to get Game & Wario and Kid Icarus 3DS. I really don't want to spend all my points and end up not enjoying the games very much. I've heard lots of good things about Kid Icarus but the control scheme is scaring me off.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Minidust posted:

If it was a game released on or before January 20, it should.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

Going back and forth on the messenger bag. Anyone had experience with older Club Nintendo messenger bags? It looks cool, but the chance to not spend money on Kid Icarus: Uprising or NSMB2 is pretty tempting.

Similarly, can anyone speak to the quality of the XL pouch?

If it's the same bag they had before, but with a different design I wouldn't do it.
It's very wimpy and not anywhere near the same weight or quality as their canvas tote bags.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I have 250 coins, what's the best thing to get for my 3DS?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
No worries, hadn't registered a game yet.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 2, 2015

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!

Doug Dinsdale posted:

If it's the same bag they had before, but with a different design I wouldn't do it.
It's very wimpy and not anywhere near the same weight or quality as their canvas tote bags.

Guess I'll stick to digital games, then. Thanks, dude.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
drat this stupid NES Remix 2 shirt, i'd have 1000 coins if it weren't for it :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

boy howdy am I butthurt I spent all my coins on a billion VC kirby games because they were never putting up anything great on Club Nintendo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Tempted to get Game & Wario and Kid Icarus 3DS. I really don't want to spend all my points and end up not enjoying the games very much. I've heard lots of good things about Kid Icarus but the control scheme is scaring me off.

people who complain about the controls in Kid Icarus are babies

get Kid Icarus

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

triplexpac posted:

So I have 250 coins, what's the best thing to get for my 3DS?

Wondering the same here. I really regret getting the GB Kid Icarus now. Coins down the drain that I coulda used to get something way better.

EDIT: Also, the site is in maintenance mode now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

If you like Punchout, then get Doc Louis's Punchout as it will never be available again*

*Without homebrew, that is.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Site is super slow for me, so I'll wait a bit. I'm actually really surprised that they did this so early in the month; I was expecting a few more weeks at minimum.

I was hoping that they would offer the GBA remake of Super Mario World, as I prefer that one to the original SNES version in every way except for one stupid change that they made. Still, they brought out the GBA remake on Christmas of last year, so I'm not too surprised.

I have a feeling that I may end up buying games just to buy games... with the exception of Super Metroid, none of the games, VC or otherwise, on my wish list made it onto the rewards.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you like Punchout, then get Doc Louis's Punchout as it will never be available again*

*Without homebrew, that is.

This is correct. Everything else will be available in the future and is relatively cheap and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! hasn't been available for years and almost certainly never will be again.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

JustJeff88 posted:

I was hoping that they would offer the GBA remake of Super Mario World, as I prefer that one to the original SNES version in every way except for one stupid change that they made.

What's the one stupid change they made?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Looks like I'll be picking up The Wonderful 101...now what to speed my 400 leftover coins on. If nothing else, I'll snag another card case if they're still around when the site stops making GBS threads all over itself.

Edit: Well, guess I'm waiting. Site just crashed completely.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, 50 coins short of the wonderful 101. I think I may pick up doc louis and golden sun but then I have 100 coins I can't do anything with.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is correct. Everything else will be available in the future and is relatively cheap and Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! hasn't been available for years and almost certainly never will be again.

Hell yes, juuust enough coins for this. RIP Club Nintendo, hope the next thing they come up with is like PS+ or something.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

triplexpac posted:

What's the one stupid change they made?

You can't re-enter fortresses and castles after you beat them until you've finished off Bowser. Considering that this version included Yoshi Coins as a trackable side-goal, I think that that was really stupid. On the SNES, there was a semi-secret way to go back into those stages by pressing L and R simultaneously.

Still, I much prefer the GBA version. Luigi (the superior brother) is playable, you don't become little if you take a hit with a cape feather or fire flower, and a bunch of other little things. Flying with the cape is still a right pain in the arse, though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

If you're just looking to get games there's nothing stopping you from waiting a day or two for the rush to die down and deal with a working site once all the physical items are sold out.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
So is Doc Louis' Punch Out basically just a demo? I'm taking a look and it it seems like it's just three modes with Doc Louis as the opponent.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do we know when they're doing plat/gold rewards? And can we still redeem CN codes through the month? I've got about 200 now, which isn't quite enough for the cooler junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Do we know when they're doing plat/gold rewards? And can we still redeem CN codes through the month? I've got about 200 now, which isn't quite enough for the cooler junk.

Yes there will be rewards. Yes you may still redeem codes, there just won't be new ones.