Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Texans fly the Texan flag every day; flying the US flag is a more occasional concession.

EDIT: for reals though, I've never lived in any state where non-governmental people used their state flag so much, and I've lived in about a dozen states. Washington DC takes a distant second, but that's partially because we have a badass flag and also a huge chunk of the city just moved here in the last few years and has a desperate need to show their DC-ness as quickly as possible.

I knew a dude growing up who flew all six flags of texas and the city seal on a flag. Dude loved flags.

It also helps that texas is tied for best flag of any state with new mexico, so that contributes to people liking flags here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
"I shouldn't have to pay taxes for things I don't approve of"--A Stranger Than Fiction Cartoon

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

QwertyAsher posted:

I knew a dude growing up who flew all six flags of texas and the city seal on a flag. Dude loved flags.

It also helps that texas is tied for best flag of any state with new mexico, so that contributes to people liking flags here

Most state flags are pretty poo poo. Official seals do not transfer well to flags but people are uncreative.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Portals posted:

Censored so you can all see the terrifying anatomy going on in the last panel:

He even went so far as to draw the outline of a camel toe on her. :catdrugs:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

QwertyAsher posted:

The gently caress you say?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Triskelli posted:

Islam is the light.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Triskelli posted:

Tree that looks like a star? Crescent moon? Get that Islamo-sama poo poo out here!

Sidenote: Did you know the Palmetto Tree is used because early coastal forts used palmetto tree logs?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Triskelli posted:

South Carolina: The Clipart State

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gravel Gravy posted:

Tree that looks like a star? Crescent moon? Get that Islamo-sama poo poo out here!

Sidenote: Did you know the Palmetto Tree is used because early coastal forts used palmetto tree logs?

Yep, and palmetto logs are so spongy that cannonballs sink into them rather than splinter.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Maryland state flag is best because it looks like a broken QR code

rolosaavedra
Aug 15, 2014

QwertyAsher posted:

It's a lovely rip-off of the infinitely superior chilean flag:

One colony, one state, one nation.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

beepsandboops posted:

"I shouldn't have to pay taxes for things I don't approve of"--A Stranger Than Fiction Cartoon

I sometimes wonder what would happen if, come tax season, you get a little survey card whenever you file, and you just mark what percentage of your taxes you want going to what.
"School and healthcare? gently caress that noise. Hmm, I guess roads are ok, I'll toss them 16%..."

I'm not saying actually follow them, because that'd be rear end retarded, just let the stupid ones think that they're actually screwing people they don't like out of government services the way they so desperately wish they could.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

the_steve posted:

I sometimes wonder what would happen if, come tax season, you get a little survey card whenever you file, and you just mark what percentage of your taxes you want going to what.
"School and healthcare? gently caress that noise. Hmm, I guess roads are ok, I'll toss them 16%..."

I'm not saying actually follow them, because that'd be rear end retarded, just let the stupid ones think that they're actually screwing people they don't like out of government services the way they so desperately wish they could.

Deny them the benefits of the services they don't want. Hate roads? Better not be buying anything soon. Hate public education? Tough luck, your coworkers went to public schools and without them your company would flounder. Hate cops? Well I guess by this point you don't have anything worth taking.

Tax forms should have a donate to NASA box though.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
New Kelly:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

alnilam posted:

It was pretty funny, but Stantis is also capable of admitting he was wrong/rash about something, which he did (via vaguely non-white conservative girl) in the Bundy case.
I'm not sure Stantis is contributing to that comic in any way at this point.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rolosaavedra posted:

It's a lovely rip-off of the infinitely superior chilean flag:

One colony, one state, one nation.

nope 3 fields of equal size are clearly superior to 3 fields of completely different sizes this is obvious
:spergin:/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

No Canadian flag 3/10

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

:argh:

I was just about to post it!

Kelly's calling out Joementum, Captain McClaine and all their ilk!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Needs a Canadian flag with a fleur-de-lys instead of the maple leaf.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

This time Kelly has gone to far! :colbert:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Brb, changing my username to Grubby Maple Peddler.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kelly knows the real issues that matter to ordinary folks.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

You're dead to me, Kelly. Dead.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nice touch with the drop of goop at the top, but isn't accurate unless the rim and cap are completely coated in HFCS residue.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I grew up with either Aunt Jemima's syrup, the most racist of syrup, or Stein's Caine Syrup, the smelliest of syrups.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Ya gotta give me the flies and spiders!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nice to see Lady Liberty taking centre stage. She's been in so many comics, and she's finally getting rewarded for it with an important role in a cartoon about a hot-button social issue.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That toon makes me want a gigantic stack of flapjacks, though, for real.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

As a kid growing up in British Columbia I used to go to a French Immersion family summer camp that was run by a bunch of counselors from Quebec. At one point we had some kind of pancake breakfast organized by the parents and the counselors were appalled that whoever organized it only bought table syrup instead of maple syrup. I distinctly remember one of them referring to it as "syrup from a telephone pole" :lol:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Somfin posted:

Nice to see Lady Liberty taking centre stage. She's been in so many comics, and she's finally getting rewarded for it with an important role in a cartoon about a hot-button social issue.

hmm. Are she and Mrs. Butterworth sharing an intimate glance?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gravel Gravy posted:

Yes, they told us that over and over in elementary school. At least there's one revolution we can be proud of.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

colonel_korn posted:

As a kid growing up in British Columbia I used to go to a French Immersion family summer camp that was run by a bunch of counselors from Quebec. At one point we had some kind of pancake breakfast organized by the parents and the counselors were appalled that whoever organized it only bought table syrup instead of maple syrup. I distinctly remember one of them referring to it as "syrup from a telephone pole" :lol:

Telephone poles are a great resource for pancake syrup.

Anyone who says otherwise is probably a French Canadian.

And they probably molest their own children. :devil:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

QwertyAsher posted:

Ahem, :ca:

We may not fly the flag quite as much as Texans do, but we love putting "California Republic" and that loving bear on our trucker caps, baggy sweatshirts, and horrible tattoos. It's a goddamn tradition or something.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh hey - I'd love to see some "pidarasy" cartoons. (Quote this out of context)

I can't really find good caricatures, or even good English sources on Soviet persecution of alternative art.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The things Kelly decides are important enough to do a comic about are legitimately and unironically better and more valid than the things Tinsley does.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Most state flags are pretty poo poo. Official seals do not transfer well to flags but people are uncreative.
Ohio's flag is pretty great. It's the only one in the entire union that's not a boring old rectangle. Yeah, suck that swallowtail design, Texas!

Duckbag posted:

Ahem, :ca:

We may not fly the flag quite as much as Texans do, but we love putting "California Republic" and that loving bear on our trucker caps, baggy sweatshirts, and horrible tattoos. It's a goddamn tradition or something.
California's is also pretty badass. Stars and bars don't do poo poo against a motherfucking bear.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Ohio's flag is pretty great. It's the only one in the entire union that's not a boring old rectangle. Yeah, suck that swallowtail design, Texas!

It gets major props for the burgee, but the actual design is kind of a mess. How many stars are there, and where do they go? Still, even more bonus points for that one time when Obama was in Ohio and people freaked out about how he was going to change the US flag into a new Obama flag because he's a potentate.

In any case, it's always good to look up to what the experts have to say on the matter.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

It was pretty funny, but Stantis is also capable of admitting he was wrong/rash about something, which he did (via vaguely non-white conservative girl) in the Bundy case.
Yeah, remermber when he made that "I'll NEVER blindly trust the government ever again! I sure learned my lesson after Iraq" cartoon after Obama was elected but 6-7 years after the war was started? His total personal transformation sure had GREAT timing!

Farking Bastage posted:

He even went so far as to draw the outline of a camel toe on her. :catdrugs:
Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey: think about how much time he spent drawing those hands vs how much time he spent on that camel toe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

What even the gently caress?? Is this some new Robin Pan or :confused:

• Locked thread