Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Bendis said that it is the symbiote acting as legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, apparently it's been healed and he's now a perfect fusion of man and symbiote and theoretically won't be chasing after spiderman's brains again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Kinda cool. Not crazy about the collar though and she clearly needs knee-pads.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Nothing says "cat burglar" than a superfluous leather jacket and spiked collar.

Form and function? Feh. I'll just draw my fantasy girlfriend and stick some cat ears on her. And.... done.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
She must have cat burgled an 90's anti-hero for that outfit. Leather Jacket and torn jeans, short hand for "Not you dad's ______!"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I like that she's actually carrying equipment.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

She must have cat burgled an 90's anti-hero for that outfit. Leather Jacket and torn jeans, short hand for "Not you dad's ______!"

Its kind of goofy how its not a costume until you get to the head where all of a sudden she has a cowl and goggles.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That's why Darwyn Cooke's Catwoman costume was the best, and why it's lasted for almost 15 years so far. For a cat burglar to be crawling through ventilation shafts and somersaulting over laser sensors, it's a tight, form-fitting bodysuit with minimal extraneous features. No silly tail or long skirt to get caught on things, no long hair flowing out of the mask to leave DNA evidence behind or help witnesses identify her. The goggles have an important night vision function as well as giving her more of a cat-like look and further obscuring her face, and the whole thing is black to allow her to blend better into shadows, not purple or green or even gray.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Guy at the comic shop was complaining about Power Girl and Batgirl not being as sexy as they used to be, and how he's glad they didn't ruin Spider Woman..

Haven't been happier to ruin someone's day. This was punctuated by the guy who once wrote a three page manifesto on how Azzarello and Chiang were ruining Wonder Woman before the New52 even began, coming up to the counter with the latest issue of Wonder Woman, and whatever other cape book with a pair of tits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
While it has a lot of other issues, something I really liked about the Catwoman costume in Dark Knight Rises was who when she popped her goggles up they look like cat ears.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

purple or green or even gray.

Black is usually a bad color for hiding, especially outside at night. If there's a little light and the person's got half-decent night vision a black spot is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Most of the time, navy blue or dark brown are better colors for stealth. But I've never lived in an actual city, so maybe black works better in places where cars and street lights obliterate your night vision?

None of those colors seem particularly egregious to me, as long as they're moderately dark and non-reflective. It's the shiny black PVC catsuits that always make me cringe.

VVV Yeah, no, I get that it's a comic. All I'm trying to say is: the color doesn't matter too much as long as the costume's appropriate for the character and fits the look they're trying to achieve.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 26, 2015

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

What about this giant cape and these tiny horns on my head, they help me hide, right

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

An early version of Death of the Endless:

:stare:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Hey, she stole Catwoman's boots!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 26, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alhazred posted:

I'm glad that they didn't choose that design.

I've also wondered whether Nemi's design and character were based of Gaiman's Death, or perhaps the 'cheerful goth girl' was an archetype that already existed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think that's just generic goth girl. She looks more like Morticia Addams than Death.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Who drew that Death? Doesn't look like Kieth or Dringenberg. Is it really an early design?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

chime_on posted:

Who drew that Death? Doesn't look like Kieth or Dringenberg. Is it really an early design?
Kelley Jones (hence my link up there).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

chime_on posted:

Is it really an early design?

Mike Dringenberg pretty much nailed down Death's look straight away according to the Sandman lore. He modelled her on his friend Cinnamon:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Death was based on Tori Amos, or was that someone else?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

zoux posted:

That's Delirium, their sister.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

That was Delirium.

edit: Louuuuuuuuuuuu

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

zoux posted:

Delirium.

Although I if I remember correctly , Tori also helped influence Death.

e: curse these slow fingers of mine

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Destiny? I don't see it, but whatever y'all say :shrug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Destiny?
No, that's Lorraine.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I more interested on who was their insporation for Despair.

Desire makes me think of an amalgamation of Bowie with those Patrick Nagel paintings.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

redbackground posted:

No, that's Lorraine.

I thought she was Density!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Vincent posted:

I more interested on who was their insporation for Despair.

Danny DeVito

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

Danny DeVito
Picturing Frank Reynolds specifically as Despair, and oh god my brain erp

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, that's not a very sexy new costume at all :colbert:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

zoux posted:

Well, that's not a very sexy new costume at all :colbert:

This one is pretty :black101:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't quite understand why those parts in particular are exposed.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I don't quite understand why those parts in particular are exposed.

Someone at Marvel has a thing for low rise pants as I see a lot of Marvel's female costume designs from the last several years have them. No idea about the boob window, I thought Marvel was going away from that. I don't know if it is just that particular drawing but Angel could do with a little more muscle. And ditch the high heeled wedges.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What about the armpits?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That hair is stupid and I hate it. Rest is okay I guess.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lurdiak posted:

What about the armpits?

As sexy as the boob window to some people.

It's standard booplate with a boob window and partially exposed midriff and thigh high chain mail. but not a bikini so ...progress?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I can't see how she's able to sit without impaling herself on that sharp point.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd kinda wish we could get something like this but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Can't see her armpits, would not subscribe.

• Locked thread