Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Its hard to look at Hai because C9 won so much just on smart pick/ban and teamplay. I think Hai, as a player, is probably at his best when he can jump onto the enemy carry and kill them while absorbing cooldowns using zhonyas/deathmark/invis/whatver. C9 probably wins when he isn't feeding 9 kills to the enemy team and so they may do well with him on utility choices, but his champ pool is really bad sooo they sometimes don't have a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

victorious posted:

What makes you say he did well on assassins at worlds? C9 played 11 games at worlds; they lost 4 of the 6 games Hai played assassins, and won 3 of the 5 games he played anything else. And yeah he was 0 for 3 with Talon which is what people especially remember.

5 wins 1 loss in the 2014 spring split.

His stats are here if anyone's interested: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/Hai/Statistics

I remember his Zed being quite good. Obviously not the last 2 weeks though.

I guess I'm beating around the bush a bit but it really seems to me that the thread calling for Hai and Ball's head is unfair. Only Sneaky played well these last 2 weeks and it really seems like the team is failing rather than it being purely a case of Hai and Balls not showing up. I don't think the problem is Balls having a small champ pool or Hai being bad at assassins.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Remember Hai's Yasuo? He was absurd on that champ. I remember in the first C9 vs XDG match of S4 Spring, he was CONSTANTLY blocking Gragas Ults with Wind Wall like a half-second before they would detonate, and you could see Mancloud getting furious everytime he showed up on player cam, it was amazing.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Everyone on c9 looks worse than they used to because they aren't miles ahead in pick ban and teamfighting anymore so they actually get punished for their always not that great early game, meteos can't get away with taking lane farm and as a result mysteriously looks worse than he used to, and so on. I really don't think anyone on the team is objectively worse than they were a year or two ago and sneaky is probably better. Also everyone looked great on yasuo, because yasuo was a game breaking piece of poo poo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Remember Hai's Yasuo? He was absurd on that champ. I remember in the first C9 vs XDG match of S4 Spring, he was CONSTANTLY blocking Gragas Ults with Wind Wall like a half-second before they would detonate, and you could see Mancloud getting furious everytime he showed up on player cam, it was amazing.
There are many, many better Yasuo's than Hai's though. As my boy Keven said too, when the champ is busted as gently caress anyone looks good on them.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flipswitch posted:

There are many, many better Yasuo's than Hai's though. As my boy Keven said too, when the champ is busted as gently caress anyone looks good on them.

Let us take a moment to remember XiaoWeiXiao scoring a penta against TSM in a game they lost, for instance.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's probably not the best example because I struggle to remember last week and it's only monday.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

MrTheDevious posted:

The even worse part is that they could've kept qtpie and scarra, done just as well as they're doing now, and I'd still be cheering for them instead of giving no fucks what happens to the team :smith:

Both those guys retired. How are you supposed to keep a player who's decided to voluntarily stop playing?

quote:

You know who I think leveled up the most at Worlds this year?

Rivington the 3rd.

I don't even mind listening to him anymore.

Ugh. :( He still won't just shut up sometimes. Not every second has to be filled with words! And goddammit, you can't just make words mean what you think they do because they sound "smart", or similar to the actual correct word. I guess sometimes he's not the literal worst. That's an improvement.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Actually every second does need words because awkward silence is worse.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Invalid Validation posted:

Actually every second does need words because awkward silence is worse.

Not when the alternative is filling it with garbage tautologies and cliches. "Doing whatever they can/need to do/doing what needs to be done" and all the assorted plays on that useless phrase needs to be added to Riot's Dead to Language board. If that doesn't exist they need to make one. Those things stick in my ears. It's really poor broadcasting. The NA LCS's weakest link is its play by play casters. Like, worse than Crumbzz. Yes, I realize I'm a horrible rear end in a top hat about this. No, I won't stop beating this drum. It's extremely high up on my list of things that make a competitive event worth tuning in to watch.

As actual thread input, I was much less impressed with Cop's Kalista than Sneaky/Doublelift/Wildturtle with the requisite easy to look good against a dude with no masteries caveat. I didn't think he will necessarily hamstring the team with that pick just because of how hugely useful that ult can be even if you just stand in place and auto attack, but it didn't feel nearly as fluid.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 2, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Badfinger posted:

Not when the alternative is filling it with garbage tautologies and cliches. "Doing whatever they can/need to do/doing what needs to be done" and all the assorted plays on that useless phrase needs to be added to Riot's Dead to Language board. If that doesn't exist they need to make one. Those things stick in my ears. It's really poor broadcasting. The NA LCS's weakest link is its play by play casters. Like, worse than Crumbzz. Yes, I realize I'm a horrible rear end in a top hat about this. No, I won't stop beating this drum. It's extremely high up on my list of things that make a competitive event worth tuning in to watch.

As actual thread input, I was much less impressed with Cop's Kalista than Sneaky/Doublelift/Wildturtle with the requisite easy to look good against a dude with no masteries caveat. I didn't think he will necessarily hamstring the team with that pick just because of how hugely useful that ult can be even if you just stand in place and auto attack, but it didn't feel nearly as fluid.

Cop heavily carried that game when his team didn't have an easy in to stomp on people like those three did. All the Kalistas were facing a new player, mercilessly abused them and won off that. Cop had to face a coherent team and still was responsible for his team winning the game. He was every bit as good as the others.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Not his mechanics though.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Disinterested posted:

Not his mechanics though.

Did he have any mechanical gaffes that game, actually? Maybe one where he jumped against a wall but I think that was it. Or was that double?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Transient People posted:

Did he have any mechanical gaffes that game, actually? Maybe one where he jumped against a wall but I think that was it. Or was that double?

That was cop, but not gaffeing is not the same as having top notch mechanics.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Doublelift and Wildturtle are hyper aggressive at almost all stages of the game, and Sneaky is able to adapt to either safe or super aggressive whenever he needs to. I've never seen Cop make an aggressive play until after his whole team has initiated before, he sits around the back and then cleans up almost every single game. Being a Kalista god is such a waste on Cop because he'll never do much sub 30 minutes with the mechanics he's got other than maybe dodging a gank.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
aphromoo/doublelift when they landed the sick blitz/kalista double pull:
:boom:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Naw, I'm pretty sure this is the one you're looking for.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If one wanted to catch up on EU games, it sounds like the ones to go for are UOL and SforgivenK?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fnatic and SK are the teams who are precise and very very good. Unicorns are ballsy and brawlsy and great fun.

You can watch Elements vs Roccat if you are in need of a sleep aid.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Well, gently caress. First major roster change way earlier than expected, and it's more or less one that the thread had called out.

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/League-of-Legends/6587/Crumbz-steps-down-from-Team-Dignitas

It makes sense given his performance, but drat, did not expect it week 2. There's 13 minutes of it, but it sounds like communication and coaching issues and the fact that people weren't listening to him were prominent in making the decision.

Edit: "I was uncomfortable with the ability of my solo lanes. Even if I got them perfect ward coverage and it was a bully lane"

wodin fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 3, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

"I did everything possible to help my solo lanes, I warded, I farmed bird bitches, I sat in a brush for minutes at a time while spamming recall, and baited the enemy team perfectly into fights deep in their jungle, but they did nothing with it."

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol if only he had quit last year maybe they would still have a good core

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

If he quit last year its possible he would have been TSM Crumbz. Would TSM Crumbz be the worst player in LCS? Santorin is doing really good support jungle BS, but I wonder if Crumbz warding would have meshed well with the current TSM squad. What strengths would he bring to the table?

I bring this up because if he is actually off DIG then theres a huge chance he could end up actually on TSM if Santorin bombs somehow going forward.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Dignitas is easily the worst team of all the NA and EU LCS right now. I'd say they need more than one roster change, but Crumbz out is probably a good start.

Also, there's almost always roster drama by Week 2/3 of every single LCS split. MYM has some as well right now, yeah? It's like clockwork every season.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's kind of nuts because Crumbzz was probably the #2 jungler in NA for the first half of last split and now he's quitting and possibly was the worst jungler in all of LCS.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Who would have thought that Kiwikid would be the lone survivor of the season 3 Dig team.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Two players out of Dig because of team synergy issues. I think it's pretty clear Dig has been mismanaged for quite a while now, and that probably goes back to not getting the gently caress rid of Kiwi ASAP. It's not really surprising, Dig as an organization is kinda allergic to good management, happy go lucky is not a way to be consistently good at anything.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The problem with Dignitas is ODEE and I sincerely hope they get relegated. I wasn't confident in Crumbzz ability as a player or anything but between Shipthur being a horrible teammate and average player and their two awful Korean pickups, he wasn't the biggest problem on the team. They don't even have a coach, the dude they're running out there is their former life coach. With this kind of mismanagement, Dig is never going to succeed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm catching up on some OGN/LCK right now and I'm struggling to remember the last good competitive game of Lee Sin I've seen (in any region). I think he's actually been nerfed enough now that he's a liability on a lot of even world-class players still trying to play him. Compared to like a Jarvan or Rek'Sai it seems no contest. I keep expecting teams to de-prioritize him but you still see him grabbed a bunch even though the games he's been in lately he's been totally flat. It's really hard to have any kind of impact early in these professional games and Lee Sin is the most early game oriented jungler in the entire roster.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

I'm catching up on some OGN/LCK right now and I'm struggling to remember the last good competitive game of Lee Sin I've seen (in any region). I think he's actually been nerfed enough now that he's a liability on a lot of even world-class players still trying to play him. Compared to like a Jarvan or Rek'Sai it seems no contest. I keep expecting teams to de-prioritize him but you still see him grabbed a bunch even though the games he's been in lately he's been totally flat. It's really hard to have any kind of impact early in these professional games and Lee Sin is the most early game oriented jungler in the entire roster.
Reignover explained it best when talking about Lee Sin, it was his favorite champion but in this meta nobody is playing aggressive in the early game, they're all opting for lane swaps or very safe lanes with lots of vision, so Lee Sin falls off way too quick when he has almost nothing to do early game.

A lot of Korean and Chinese players adopted Jarvin and Rengar since they've got much stronger mid-game powerspikes.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

I think lee's best use is as a duelist right now. The one game I recall Lee really rocking it was when Helios killed a bunch of people on him.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Lee Sin has been a top tier jungle pick since forever so a lot junglers probably default to him just as a comfort pick. The same thing was the case when Elise was nerfed.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Someone said Riv has improved this season but I'm catching some of the games I missed this weekend and he just said "these are so... fights!"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Are you suggesting that they were not in fact fights

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Yeah Riv actually sucks dick as a caster now. Its painfully obvious he's not actually good at the game and he has nothing insightful to offer ever. Whoever he's casting with always has to be charitable to him and agree with his statements so no one looks bad. He used to be the most hype caster and had that going for him, but everyone else has stepped their hype game up so he's kinda in an awkward spot.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I hope everyone is enjoying this:

Which is now deleted. Rekkles an immature and arrogant crybaby? Who'd a thunk it?

Alternative (or simultaneously true) interpretation: maybe elements is a lovely team environment and that's why 2 AD's in a row have had an issue with it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i can't believe rekkles' tactic of "do nothing for 40 minutes then show up for one teamfight" isn't working.. it's probably everyone else's fault

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
He probably shouldn't have done that as its not going to help the situation.

But at the same time I think most people expected things to be better so its a frustration I can sympathize with. I mean in retrospect we can better see that adding Rekkles might not fix anything but don't think many people predicted this kind of listless play out of Elements (aside from Wickd's play, but that's business as usual)

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Rekkles: I've made a huge mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

. I mean in retrospect we can better see that adding Rekkles might not fix anything but don't think many people predicted this kind of listless play out of Elements (aside from Wickd's play, but that's business as usual)

They're still 3-1 and in third place, and everyone knew coming into the season that they were a team with a one champ top laner and a reputation for dragging out games way longer then needed, so I'm not exactly sure how anyone can be surprised by their play.

• Locked thread