Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

19 points of damage in a Rhoomba because he braked going downhill. Fortunately for everyone else out there, he turned blue and froze after putting three shells into my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

You were obligated to leave him your insurance info, you [edited]!

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Oh Reddit. :allears:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

19 points of damage in a Rhoomba because he braked going downhill. Fortunately for everyone else out there, he turned blue and froze after putting three shells into my rear end.

Hah! I also got some shithead banned tonight, and one the night before. Man that is fun - I get some rear end in a top hat banned, and I also save everyone else from having a useless teammate for a while. Getting poo poo players banned is basically the purest form of heroism.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a real life threat and is worth a permanent ban.

Do it.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
If nothing else, the "get cancer and die" is worth a forum ban if you report it and say that you've lost multiple friends and family to cancer.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brilliant. I will report back with the end result.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
They usually don't mention the result of their actions, but don't forget to mention that this message has caused you severe stress and that you need a reassurance that he will not be able to contact you anymore through the game, the forums or other means provided by Wargaming, Inc.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Also, I want this so much.

I like the Merkava. The chains on the turret remind me of the Predator and his dreadlocks. :3:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Does the model drift as well as the original?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Atomizer posted:

I like the Merkava. The chains on the turret remind me of the Predator and his dreadlocks. :3:

Don't know much about the tank itself.. But it is a drat fine lookin' turret. :fap:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Top news item on worldoftanks.com is about a short survey you can take and thus be in the drawing for prizes. One of the question is what you think they can do to make the forums better. I answered that they should ban anyone below 52% wr from posting. Maybe if we all do that they'll do it? No? Well, a guy can dream, right?

Edit: Got a reply on why I was chatbanned:

WGNA Support posted:

Based on your chat logs of:
AlleviatedRisk 2015-01-29 10:04:59 (2015-01-29 02:04:59) if I wanted my comeback, I'd scrape it off your mom's teeth

We have determined your sanction has been handled properly.

Valle fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
EDIT: gently caress it

Dalael fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Valle posted:

Top news item on worldoftanks.com is about a short survey you can take and thus be in the drawing for prizes. One of the question is what you think they can do to make the forums better. I answered that they should ban anyone below 52% wr from posting. Maybe if we all do that they'll do it? No? Well, a guy can dream, right?

Edit: Got a reply on why I was chatbanned:

True Goon Hero :patriot:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I rebought the KV-1S to do some of the heavy missions.

This was the first drive out in it.

Victory!
Battle: Ensk
Vehicle: KV-1S
Experience received: 5,078 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 59,560
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Reaper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Pool's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs: -3 862
Ammunition: -28 252
Total: 27 446 WN8: 12 339

Congratulations!
For successful completion of personal missions you receive the following rewards:
Credits added: 35,000
Added: Large Repair Kit (x1), Large First Aid Kit (x1), Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x1)

Got the kill on the last SPG with a ram for my mission completion :haw:

Burt fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 3, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There might be an E-25 nerf coming after the discrepancy was pointed out

quote:

Ingame width according to Storm: 2,78 meters
Real width according to Doyle (PT 20-1): 3,41 meters

Ingame height according to Storm: 1,75 meters
Real height according to Doyle (PT 20-1): 2,03 meters

Ingame hull length according to Storm: 4,5 meters
Real hull length according to Doyle (PT 20-1): 5,66 meters

The leading candidate to replace the W-100 seems to be a rhoomba/wpz4 style turret jammed onto a Panther hull with a non-autoloading long 150mm gun, but still haven't had serious discussions about it yet.

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 3, 2015

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Had a pretty lovely game (loss, top of team by exp), but managed to ram an enemy arty to complete my mission. I typed "yay got my ram mission lol" in chat and I get this tongue lashing from this pro.

http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplayers/na/all/lradikal/ironroad

He plays a lot.

I love this game...

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012
wow, that guy makes me feel pretty good about my 50% Win Rate after 3k battles...

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I still don't get why stats would be more important than missions, missions give me items, credits and free tanks, stats give me? the right to brag about how awesome I am at a video game?
Pissing of people like him is an added bonus of going for missions.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Tahirovic posted:

I still don't get why stats would be more important than missions, missions give me items, credits and free tanks, stats give me? the right to brag about how awesome I am at a video game?

wow filthy materialist.

stats = idealism. stats is your face outwards, and having good looking stats essentially proves that you're a ravishing adonis with a heart of gold irl. case in point: leetcake. you can tell by his voice that his stats are correct and that hes a 2.2k wn8 stud irl (+ his animesona is an androgynous, bishonen witch/hag).

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 3, 2015

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

The leading candidate to replace the W-100 seems to be a rhoomba/wpz4 style turret jammed onto a Panther hull with a non-autoloading long 150mm gun, but still haven't had serious discussions about it yet.

Also, in a surprise to me, the GW E-100 is joining the W-100 on the scrapheap apparently, and being replaced by something called a Grille 30 or 42 with a 305mm or 420mm mortar.

so they finally found a use for the strumtiger model?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Different vehicles, Sturmtiger was based on the Tiger, the Grille 30 and 42 were meant to be based on the Tiger II. Also the two guns in question are Czech heavy mortars, the smaller of which was developed post-war for Soviet use, rather than the Sturmtiger rocket launcher.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

As a GWE owner I eagerly look forward to not one-shotting tanks because ahahahaha that poo poo ain't even gonna land in the right grid square is it?

I do like the word "mortar" though. It implies good things about the arc.

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

For me, it's stats all the way, since when I'm playing to win I need to know who I can count on. If you are a deep red player, I can't rely on your performance, even if you are driving your new reward tank.

That being said, my predilection to YOLO to my doom because it's funny doesn't do wonders for my stats. <shrug>

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Prav posted:

As a GWE owner I eagerly look forward to not one-shotting tanks because ahahahaha that poo poo ain't even gonna land in the right grid square is it?

I do like the word "mortar" though. It implies good things about the arc.

I mistakenly loaded all AP in my 261 and was nailing fools full square every shot. I then realised my mistake, loaded gold HE and for the next 3 games couldn't hit anything unless I was shotgunning. :shrug:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

Let me guess... they have no mechanics in place to be able to find out?

Late to this but there is a python log so when the game first boots it takes an inventory of everything including all your shifty mods keeping this in the main game folder. The results can be sent to WG, scanned for known mods that violate their terms and just like that they can terminate you from orbit if they wanted to. The key here is :effort: which we know is not synonymous with anything WG does.

Also thank space Satan the botes server is back online. gently caress tanks.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

maev posted:

The tier iv luchs is one of the best tanks in the game for its tier

I sold my Luchs when I moved up to the Leopard and I kind of regret it.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Yeah I'm very reluctant to move up the tree anymore than the Leopard and take out my Frauen from the pink Luchs :(

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Any suggestions on where to place my mission reward ladycrew?

I already have crews for:

US: heavy, med, light, TD.
USSR: heavy x2, med, TD.
Germany: heavy x2, TD x2.
UK: med, TD, arty.
France: heavy.
Japan: med.

Thinking maybe France light, some kind of arty, or the new British TD line if that's worth bothering with. :confused:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
France Light. The 13 90 with ladycrew is amazing. Starting with SoS and 6th+Camo makes a world of difference.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

I don't know why they would do anything to the gw 100. Unless they feel every t10 arty has to be big damage. The gw 100 sits in the happy medium of a functionally reliable gun on a defensive focused hull. It is the only arty to take out if you feel the enemy arty will be countering you in a match. Also, that new reload is going to make it be just as useful as the t92 and cgc in random battles.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Magres posted:

France Light. The 13 90 with ladycrew is amazing. Starting with SoS and 6th+Camo makes a world of difference.

I'm keeping my old 13 90 crew in that tank and putting the ladies in the Lorraine on the way to the BatChat :getin:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Important question: Can I name a soviet ladycommander Oktyoberskaya (sp?).

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Wait so, its going to be on a smaller, more mobile chassis, with a presumably super accurate 150mm high velocity gun?

This sounds... more broken then the waffle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Saint Celestine posted:

Wait so, its going to be on a smaller, more mobile chassis, with a presumably super accurate 150mm high velocity gun?

This sounds... more broken then the waffle.

Actually it didn't even specify whether it was a full turret, demi turret or fixed, just called it a "Waffentraegar Panther with a long 150mm gun"

Still won't be more broken than the W-100.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's a T10 WT Pz4. How terrifying.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah it sounds like it'll be good in a normal TD way and not horrendously broken bullshit.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Actually it didn't even specify whether it was a full turret, demi turret or fixed, just called it a "Waffentraegar Panther with a long 150mm gun"

Still won't be more broken than the W-100.

I think the only reason they are removing the WT-100 is that the upcoming TD view range nerf will make it so blind and visible that you might as well be driving a party bus.

Not looking forward to Tier 10 Rhoomba though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I tried searching the forums and couldn't find one - does anyone know if there is a World of Warships thread yet? I am not in the alpha, but it looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Kesper North posted:

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find one - does anyone know if there is a World of Warships thread yet? I am not in the alpha, but it looks amazing.

its actually this thread, because the boatlords in here are two lazy to make a new thread. interestingly, this is also the thread for WW2 train history.