Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Badposting has gotta be worth at least one burned church right? right?

Turk February posted:

I don't know about you guys but I prefer not to support philosophically or monetarily bands who wish for the extinction of my friends, family and I because of our skin color happening to be darker than they would like. But that's just me.
I don't even like black metal so I already have the final solution to NSBM butttt... if you really want listen to whoever if they don't even know you're listening or you aren't getting people to beat Jews the NSBM jerks won't know the difference. I guess that might still cross whatever "philosophical" support is :wtc: your torrents aren't that important to the universe duder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
She's polite and everything, but you can tell that this isn't how this girl envisioned Her Special Moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkiWZ4eh2X0

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yes, but like I said, I think maybe the problem a lot of people have isn't even the lyrics so much as the fact that the person writing them actually believes them. Nobody gives a poo poo about some nerd from suburban New Jersey screaming about feeding Christians to the lions in the name of Satan. When you have dudes who are actually active members of fascist movements or who have themselves committed violent acts in real life, then the ideological bent of their music/lyrics takes on a little bit of a different dimension.

Perhaps that different dimension is what shines in their music, and that's why many of the greats making extreme music are/were radicals and acted outside of everyone else's comfort zone. They saw their expression for a completely different side than the nerd from suburban New Jersey who is just making a softened imitation of the extremist artiste.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Monkeytime posted:

She's polite and everything, but you can tell that this isn't how this girl envisioned Her Special Moment.

Cargo shorts. That's what my marriage proposal was missing!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

To Battle posted:

Yeah Nergal is legitimately a smart guy with a graduate degree n poo poo, so NS would be pretty under him. Also they have played in Israel a few times.

I kinda refuse to believe this after that one interview he did for a skate magazine where the interviewer just told him polish jokes and he didn't understand what the gently caress was going on.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Taking people outside their comfort zone is one thing, but actively campaigning for harm against innocent people is another entirely.

People who think that way are welcome to think what they want, but I ain't gonna buy their music. :v:

And also I think they're ignorant cretins.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Monkeytime posted:

I love Barney. He looks like someone's dorky shorts-clad dad who just happens to play in one of the most famous and prolific grindcore bands ever.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Optimum Gulps posted:

Nokturnal Mortum are definitely up there (being an Eastern European epic pagan/black metal band, that's not exactly a surprise). Their latest album Voice of Steel forgoes the openly antisemitic lyrics of some of their previous albums and is instead more in the vein of "Ukraine is beautiful" rather than "Ukraine sure would be a lot more beautiful without any Jews," but they aren't particularly progressive people.

I've always been slightly worried about this with Drudkh because I really like their music but I know they're Ukrainian nationalists. I can't find out what their ideology really is because they don't do media or interviews, or even photos.

Also more people should listen to Drudkh.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

spleen merchant posted:

Was anyone here ever into Red Harvest?

Hell yes, ever since the first album which was completely different from everything else they put out. Terribly earnest, politically naive thrash metal. Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJGs7MnhZk

I guess my favourite album of theirs was probably their sophomore effort There's Beauty in the Purity of Sadness which was also where they first made the switch into industrial metal. This poo poo was innovative and pretty drat rad in 1994 and incidentally kept me warm on many cold nights in my cramped and dark student lodgings (I was in university at the time). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Z5HG1hA_M

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

sticklefifer posted:

I've always been slightly worried about this with Drudkh because I really like their music but I know they're Ukrainian nationalists. I can't find out what their ideology really is because they don't do media or interviews, or even photos.

Whenever a band says they "aren't political" that is usually a bad sign.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

The hardest grey area are those bands that write some dodgy racist lyrics when they're young and then grow out of it, and it hangs around as a smear on their record forever.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Drudkh isn't a nazi band, it's just made up entirely of dudes who happen to be or have been in nazi bands.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Defiant Sally posted:

If you like power metal at all, Rebirth, Temple of Shadows, and Aurora Consurgens are three amazing albums.

Fabio is actually better in Angra than he is in Rhapsody but the new album is missing something for sure.

Yeah Temple of Shadows in particular is a stone-cold classic. One of the best albums in the whole genre.

I think Angra's style rubbed off a lot on Japanese power metal bands, and since that's the style I dig most, I enjoy the hell out of Angra's good stuff. That said I don't think their new album has much personality or any of the sound that made them so distinctive, but I haven't listened to it more than once because I didn't want to cement my disappointment. They haven't been too great since 06 anyways, my hopes weren't high.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, pretty much everyone in Drudkh has been involved in some kind of dumb rear end bullshit Nazi crap at some point. For some or another reason there isn't a whole lot of it in Drudkh itself. That doesn't redeem anyone, but I guess I just don't care enough. You kinda have to take one stance or the other.

Either you're gonna decide that you won't support or listen to bands that promote lovely messages, and avoid those bands, or you listen to them and accept the fact that for you the quality of the music is more important than ideology even if it ends up meaning you are supporting assholes.

It's not like any genre has any kind of monopoly on rear end in a top hat music. Look at all the christian poo poo that just wants to tell you how you're going to burn in hell. Doesn't seem much different. Even those dickheads made some music along the way that I can genuinely admire. Thankfully most of that happened in the classical era and there aren't vocals. Just like thankfully I can't always even understand what these nazi dickheads are saying. In a lot of metal the voice is just another instrument anyway.

Maybe that stance is immoral, but I don't really have a lot of moral judgement when it comes to music. I just wanna hear stuff I like. Musicians aren't the ones causing all the problems we have in the world right now. Sometimes they can throw a little gas on a fire here and there, but they're not the one who built the drat thing and torched it.

e: also, that whole thing isn't about Drudkh in particular, it was just the point where it started, but I'd really apply it to any NSBM band or any other band with lovely ideals, some of which are WORSE than NSBM.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 31, 2015

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

A human heart posted:

Drudkh isn't a nazi band, it's just made up entirely of dudes who happen to be or have been in nazi bands.

i'm not sure how serious Roman is about being NS since he ended Hate Forest to start a band all about how good and cool ancient Middle Eastern mythology is

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Napalm Death is so good live.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

COOL CORN posted:

Napalm Death is so good live.

I'm really excited to spend my Valentines Day in a room full of sweaty disgusting men in order to see this for myself.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Gils posted:

The interview was with Pitchfork.

This is the gayest poo poo I've read since the last time I looked at Cynic's wikipedia page

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i will have to trust your expertise on this, as your name belies a great deal of wisdom

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hey guys, here with an update for the metaltours website. I got a lot of good feedback when I first shared the site and I'm working on implementing some stuff that I think you'll like. I've added a better location search, full calendar, and a loving MAP. I've never seen a METAL MAP before, so check it out and let me know what you think! I'm looking for feedback on how to improve it even more, so I'd like to know your opinions on overall layout, navigation, initial impressions, ease of finding what you're looking for, etc.

(This is the development/test site so it's not 'live' yet.) http://cd83.net/eventcal/

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Hey guys, here with an update for the metaltours website. I got a lot of good feedback when I first shared the site and I'm working on implementing some stuff that I think you'll like. I've added a better location search, full calendar, and a loving MAP. I've never seen a METAL MAP before, so check it out and let me know what you think! I'm looking for feedback on how to improve it even more, so I'd like to know your opinions on overall layout, navigation, initial impressions, ease of finding what you're looking for, etc.

(This is the development/test site so it's not 'live' yet.) http://cd83.net/eventcal/
Haha, a bad metalcore show at The Emporium in Patchogue, NY is being pinned on the map at the Suffolk County Courthouse.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Misogynist posted:

Haha, a bad metalcore show at The Emporium in Patchogue, NY is being pinned on the map at the Suffolk County Courthouse.

lol. The map uses the google maps API, and venue info typically only has name, city and state so it's kind of a pain in the rear end. I've got 960 events added in the database so unless I add the address to each one, the pin might be off a little. The Emporium is the right venue though, right?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

If I look for shows in St. Petersburg I only get two shows, and they're in Tampa. Should be more than that, and should be some in both places.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Shakenbaker posted:

If I look for shows in St. Petersburg I only get two shows, and they're in Tampa. Should be more than that, and should be some in both places.

I think right now I only have 2 separate shows loaded for st petersberg - the devil wears prada and inter arma. For tampa I have norma jean and municipal waste (also separate shows). What's missing? Couldn't find any in the database that's one tour going to both places..

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Misogynist posted:

Myrath from Tunisia is really loving excellent if you're into stuff like Orphaned Land and Symphony X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7eUQrIyPSY

Crackdust is pretty decent death metal from Botswana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEUdZz4RhU

Arsames is a lot better than I expected (simplistic writing but some neat Carcass-worship riffs) considering they're from loving Iran:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhNnwA6ZvA

These are good and pass the test.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
botswana metal is cool

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Napalm Death in Chicago is sold out so I'm holding out for a pass. What are the chances of getting scalped tickets/what do you all think scalped tickets will go for?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Gojira are loving great live.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
This is blowing up on my Facebook feed today. Napalm Death is love.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mis/4872898814.html

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Monkeytime posted:

This is blowing up on my Facebook feed today. Napalm Death is love.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mis/4872898814.html

Hahahaha, I'm pretty sure a goon made that.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Anyone else go to the Horrendous show in NYC on Saturday?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Detective Thompson posted:

Anyone else go to the Horrendous show in NYC on Saturday?

Fuuuuck I would love to see them. I think their newest was in my top 3 of 2014.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Lamb of God are the new Pantera in the way that matters most.

If I witness five fat racist pieces of whitetrash abusing an Indian guy on a train loudly and relentlessly for being foreign late at night, they used to wear all be wearing Pantera shirts. Now they're all wearing Lamb of God shirts.

This makes me sad for 2 reasons:

1) I like Lamb of God
2) Randy Blythe does not encourage that kind of poo poo to my knowledge, he seems pretty progressive and such (regardless of how you feel about him killing the guy accidentally)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 2, 2015

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

COOL CORN posted:

Fuuuuck I would love to see them. I think their newest was in my top 3 of 2014.

Ecdysis is a great album. I made the trip special to see them. They played at The Acheron if you're familiar with it. Fairly small space attached to a bar. Place was packed. I liked two of the other three bands, too, but Horrendous killed it. They don't actually use a bass live, since there's only the three of them and they need both guitars. While bass certainly would have filled out the sound more, I wouldn't really say I was missing it while they played. They're all pretty cool guys, too, which is always great. They said they'd be coming back to NY at some point later this year, but they aren't exactly sure when yet.

Edit: They also closed their set with Titan, which is like the slow jam on that album and it kicked rear end.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 2, 2015

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ-iF6Qxfq0 This is cool and good Hellhammer type metal.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

1) I like Lamb of God
2) Randy Blythe does not encourage that kind of poo poo to my knowledge, he seems pretty progressive and such (regardless of how you feel about him killing the guy accidentally)

It wasn't my intention to accuse either band of racism. They just accidentally appeal to a sort of casually racist bogan crowd who want to be perceived as listening to tough-guy-music, and it's very accessible stuff so it's widespread. Also, I witnessed the scene I described about five or six years ago, and it's been stuck in my head ever since. It was one of those bystander effect moments, I was way outnumbered but I wanted to intervene, so I was trying to get eye contact going with a couple of big dudes near me but everybody was avoiding eye contact with everybody else, ugh

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

1) I like Lamb of God

Which is funny because I saw Pantera live with Morbid Angel and Slayer ages ago (whenever that tour was) and Phil came out on stage and said "For all you skinheads out there, 88 baby"

so yeah

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Zodijackylite posted:

GBK was a great band with Cazz Grant, who was a great vocalist and drummer. He really seemed to embody and present the ideology of the band - being an over-the-top blasphemous parody - while not being interested in the sideshow. The later lineups stated that the band was simply anti-religious, but they always seemed distracted by trying to shoehorn their beliefs into their performance without outright making the songs about it - from the mediocre vocalist to rarely performing not under far-right political banners. The band just wasn't the same without Cazz, who has been loving killer with Crucifier. I'm most surprised to see that the favorites mentioned here are the third GBK album and the second/third Arghoslent albums - I think the opposites are the best, the first two GBK albums and Arghoslent's "Arsenal" and "Galloping."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crucifier is really loving good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPTptqugyiE

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Which is funny because I saw Pantera live with Morbid Angel and Slayer ages ago (whenever that tour was) and Phil came out on stage and said "For all you skinheads out there, 88 baby"

so yeah

Phil Anselmo quotes on stock photos of people with downs syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

What kind of setlist do Carcass play these days? All post Heartwork or do they play early songs?