Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

That depends. Does he have a beard in the movie? That's the only thing that happened to him.
I like the implication that he was gone for most of a year and nobody noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

redbackground posted:

I like the implication that he was gone for most of a year and nobody noticed.

Makes sense. Everyone in universe cares about him as little as the audience does*.

*I actually really enjoyed Avengers AI and I am not a Pym fan.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Deadpool posted:

That depends. Does he have a beard in the movie? That's the only thing that happened to him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Then movie synergy is in half effect! (He's still not old)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Deadpool posted:

Then movie synergy is in half effect! (He's still not old)

He looks kinda old, I kinda assumed that being stuck 8 months out there with dimensional stuff would make him age faster because science. He just needs to shave into a goatee and he'll be fully synergized in time for the movie.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yeah that's probably just the art. Everybody looked like sun baked desert bikers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He looks kinda old, I kinda assumed that being stuck 8 months out there with dimensional stuff would make him age faster because science. He just needs to shave into a goatee and he'll be fully synergized in time for the movie.

He doesn't look any older than Reed in that, and they've always been about the same age.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah everyone looked older in that book. Even Hawkeye was looking like he was in his late forties. Just the artist's style I guess.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Yeah everyone looked older in that book. Even Hawkeye was looking like he was in his late forties. Just the artist's style I guess.

He looked like Dolph Lundgren. It was loving weird.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

rocketrobot posted:

He looked like Dolph Lundgren. It was loving weird.
Straight outta Contra.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 29, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Pretty sure Hank joining Team Beard doesn't mean he's being film-synergized at all, really, unless you expect to see Captain Falcon soon.

The kneejerk "this must be happening because of movies" response is kinda ridiculous, IMHO, given that every time they do adjust their characters to reflect the films it usually ends up being ignored inside six months and no one cares.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Pretty sure Hank joining Team Beard doesn't mean he's being film-synergized at all, really, unless you expect to see Captain Falcon soon.

The kneejerk "this must be happening because of movies" response is kinda ridiculous, IMHO, given that every time they do adjust their characters to reflect the films it usually ends up being ignored inside six months and no one cares.

Remember when they made Wolverine look like Hugh Jackman?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

To be fair, there was some cover, maybe a Superior Iron Man solicit? recently that had Pepper look like the artist had lightboxed a photo of Paltrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, there was some cover, maybe a Superior Iron Man solicit? recently that had Pepper look like the artist had lightboxed a photo of Paltrow.

It was in Rucka's Wolverine run during X-2.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

No

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adam Kubert said several times that he struggled to make Ultimate Logan look more like Jackman.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Deadpool posted:

Ah, welp. Everyone does look pretty messed up in that issue, my bad.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Telex posted:

so I'm not 100% current with the latest issues, and maybe this is a loving retarded question, but can someone explain to me the Avengers/Incursion storylines and how they intersect with the Axis storylines, specifically why the gently caress Stark is in a prison in the Avengers, but in the Axis tie-in stuff, he's in San Francisco selling Extremis and is totally evil, but the incursion stuff makes it sound like he's been in prison and missing for quite a while.

I may have missed a "this poo poo happens a few years down the road" thing maybe but it confused the poo poo out of me since I basically wait like every 3 months to binge on comics and now I'm confused as poo poo since I just started reading the Axis stuff.

I'm speculating that at some point in Superior Iron Man, possibly the end, we will see Tony attempt to stop the Cabal singlehandedly

Remember, while all of these adventures are going on in the other issues the Cabal is out there protecting the Earth and torturing alternate people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Please don't use spoiler tags for speculation. That's not me backseat modding, that's just a personal request from me to you.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
That's not even speculation they stated it happened and showed a panel from Tony's fight with the Cabal in Avengers.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Sorry, since this is a safe space from event books and it's events that didn't happen yet in the characters main book I just wanted people who don't read Avengers to get to be surprised. But yeah, the only speculation is whether it'll happen in SIM or a flashback in Avengers.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
http://www.newsarama.com/23397-marvel-s-angela-gets-a-new-costume.html

Angela's redesign. I'm glad they're ditching the bikini warrior look, but I'm not huge on the pompadour or the new headpiece. That said, she's still got the awesome eye makeup and now has some frankly gloriously ridiculous wings so I'm sure that the whole thing will grow on me.

With the sash/belt and hairstyle, I feel like Carol was an influence on Phil Jimenez' redesign, though she's definitely looking less human which is cool.

Stephanie Hans' cover for Angela #6 is beautiful:

Her work on Angela, with the covers and substory art, is fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's pretty great. I'm glad they switched up her look as they really had no reason to keep it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I hope she gets to meet Angel and give him wing envy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Metalshark posted:

Her work on Angela, with the covers and substory art, is fantastic.

Let's face it, that's all that need be said. It's always a joy to see her name on a book.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those flesh feathers are freaky.

I like.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure pompadour is the new hot Asgardian fashion. see: Freya

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's neat but I'm still not sure why I should care about the character. 90s nostalgia for me doesn't include Spawn.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

It's neat but I'm still not sure why I should care about the character. 90s nostalgia for me doesn't include Spawn.

You've already decided not to care so what does it matter. I have no nostalgia for Spawn and she's been a cool character so far.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

You've already decided not to care so what does it matter. I have no nostalgia for Spawn and she's been a cool character so far.

She needs to get back to Guardians as her and Gamora's friendship has been amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

She needs to get back to Guardians as her and Gamora's friendship has been amazing.

Agreed. Best bromance ever.

Yes I know they aren't men, women can still have a bromance!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hakkesshu posted:

They didn't do anything to show people who don't care to change their mind. She showed up at the end of AoU and was like "hi I'm here" so where was the hook to tell me what fucks to give?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

They didn't do anything to show people who don't care to change their mind. She showed up at the end of AoU and was like "hi I'm here" so where was the hook to tell me what fucks to give?

I don't know man, like I said you've already decided not to care, so I don't know what you want me to say. She's been cool so far so take my word for it or don't

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm pretty negative on Bendis these days but his treatment of Angela has been good, I haven't read her series yet so I don't know if that's good or not.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

I'm pretty negative on Bendis these days but his treatment of Angela has been good, I haven't read her series yet so I don't know if that's good or not.

I didn't care about either before GotG. Angela's series has been pretty solid so far, too.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I haven't been reading any comics for a while, but I suddenly got curious and I can't find it on google - who ended up being female Thor?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Wolpertinger posted:

I haven't been reading any comics for a while, but I suddenly got curious and I can't find it on google - who ended up being female Thor?
It hasn't been revealed yet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wolpertinger posted:

It still hasn't been officially revealed, but through context clues and her internal monologue, everybody has figured out that it's SHIELD agent Roz Solomon from Thor God Of Thunder.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who else was it going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people were betting on Jane Foster

• Locked thread