Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

tnimark posted:

Bro.

Edit: Holy poo poo this is really good. Why can't funny people host late night shows all the time?

Edit 2: I really can't stress enough how good this is. Asking the football player what his favourite font is and if he likes to use bold in emails.

Watching it now and agree'ing with all of this. They are a great duo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Genuinely such a loving good show why is this only one episode

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Benny Schwaz seems to be the friendliest comedian in Hollywood.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Now I'm getting upset that we got a taste of how a talkshow could be. But no, we'll continue to have the same boring as gently caress formula we've had since the 60's because nobody dares to change it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

They should let Hayes and Sean host

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh my God, Adam Pally co-hosted the Late Late Show with Ben Schwarts. It was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXIQRh6f6kc

... why? How does something like that even happen?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They should let Hayes and Sean host

Speak on that

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I feel that the politics of late night tv haven't really been thoroughly dissected and I (and I'm sure the chumps in those loving flyover states) really appreciate their insider perspective.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Periodiko posted:

... why? How does something like that even happen?

I love how actively antagonistic Pally and the crew were to each other the entire time and how no one could really believe what was happening including the hosts and the guests.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Did anyone listen to the entirety of the Sylvester Stallone Podcast on WolfPop?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I did, it's actually kind of good. It's a little boring at first where it's just Paul riffing on the listener questions and going "oh no he didn't show up today!" but the podcast gradually starts destroying his life and it was fun to follow the progression

If you're wondering if Stallone ever actually shows up then no. I think Scheer was hoping the podcast would gain enough traction that he'd be able to get him on for the final episode but I guess it didn't really take off

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think it probably worked out the way Paul planned it to. I don't think you're missing anything if you don't bother with it, but the last few episodes were pretty good.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Help Im Alive posted:

I did, it's actually kind of good. It's a little boring at first where it's just Paul riffing on the listener questions and going "oh no he didn't show up today!" but the podcast gradually starts destroying his life and it was fun to follow the progression

If you're wondering if Stallone ever actually shows up then no. I think Scheer was hoping the podcast would gain enough traction that he'd be able to get him on for the final episode but I guess it didn't really take off

The 'Stallone didn't show up' bit wore thin on me immediately but your spoiler makes it sound like it goes somewhere interesting. I'll have to give it another shot.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a worthy uhh posted:

The 'Stallone didn't show up' bit wore thin on me immediately but your spoiler makes it sound like it goes somewhere interesting. I'll have to give it another shot.

It kind of evolves from the initial premise. The episodes are pretty short so it was easy to listen to an ep a day for two weeks or so. It's hard to say how it would be to sit down and listen to all of it in a row.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh my God, Adam Pally co-hosted the Late Late Show with Ben Schwarts. It was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXIQRh6f6kc

CBS took it down >:

Anyone got another source? All I could find was the Eric Andre interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g23me

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

rapeface posted:

CBS took it down >:

Anyone got another source? All I could find was the Eric Andre interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g23me

This link works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR2ZnQX9IMc

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Champ, thanks. :)

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I watched Zardoz tonight to get ready for the HDTGM episode this week. I usually only watch the movie in advance if it's on Neflix, but I had to watch this after the mini-episode. Holy gently caress that movie delivered.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I love angry Besser focusing his rage at forum users, but isn't it Engineer Brent who picks the YouTube clips? Or interns? Or do they just randomly select a YouTube clip from the forums before they do a scene?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

uhhh hahha omg did you just call him engineer brent? oh my god that is so embarrassing for you

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I've went through this thread a few times and still haven't seen anyone mention Get Up On This starring Jensen Karp and Matty Robinson. It's a show that new to the network, it was on Kevin Smith Smodcast network for years, but eventually Jensen realized that he needed to get away from the fat man so that he could get out to a wider audience. It's a pretty cool show that tells you about things that you should know before the get picked up on by everyone else. An example of this is found when Spotify first came to the states. Four years ago, when it first came to the states no one from the US knew what it was. Jensen suggested it because no one knew what it was, and then a year later, everyone picked up on it and now uses it. Check it out if you want to know about some cool stuff.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hayes and Sean on With Special Guest this week! It's magical.

They should do a tour of all the Earwolf shows. Sean hasn't been on Improv4Humans in over a year.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lugaloco posted:

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga

Who are these guys?!

I have a feeling this episode is not going to be a hit with people who don't listen to HH.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This was the perfect opportunity to make one last episode of The Reality Show Show but I guess it's wasn't meant to be

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Holy loving poo poo is Lauren Lapkus's podcast awful. I can't believe I've listened to all of every episode, it's just so bad and terrible outside of the first one. I want to like it so much because of how big a fan I am of hers, but holy poo poo this is just bad. Please someone make it stop so I don't have to keep holding out hope for a laugh.

I'm guessing the problem is some mix of a lovely premise and "omg I'm a huge star now and such a nice person here is every halfway funny nobody that I love and want to help their career now", but whatever the problem is geez they need to fix it.

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 8, 2015

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Pryor on Fire posted:

Holy loving poo poo is Lauren Lapkus's podcast awful. I can't believe I've listened to all of every episode, it's just so bad and terrible outside of the first one. I want to like it so much because of how big a fan I am of hers, but holy poo poo this is just bad. Please someone make it stop so I don't have to keep holding out hope for a laugh.

I'm guessing the problem is some mix of a lovely premise and "omg I'm a huge star now and such a nice person here is every halfway funny nobody that I love and want to help their career now", but whatever the problem is geez they need to fix it.

agreed

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The most recent one with the guys from HH seemed a little better. I think the problem in most of the other shows is both people are trying to play characters and it ends up being pretty terrible. My basic thought at this point would be to have Lapkus play a character, but have the guest/host play 'themselves'.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

If someone wanted to hold a vote on replacing With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus with TGIGOTGOST, I'd be very interested in campaigning.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Alternatively, they could just replace it with an extra hour of Wolf Den

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

screenwritersblues posted:

I've went through this thread a few times and still haven't seen anyone mention Get Up On This starring Jensen Karp and Matty Robinson. It's a show that new to the network, it was on Kevin Smith Smodcast network for years, but eventually Jensen realized that he needed to get away from the fat man so that he could get out to a wider audience. It's a pretty cool show that tells you about things that you should know before the get picked up on by everyone else. An example of this is found when Spotify first came to the states. Four years ago, when it first came to the states no one from the US knew what it was. Jensen suggested it because no one knew what it was, and then a year later, everyone picked up on it and now uses it. Check it out if you want to know about some cool stuff.

Even if you don't really care about the picks, I think Get Up On This is entertaining and hosts have good chemistry together. For the most part they have a pretty good track record of getting interesting guests from outside of the usual podcast world too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don't totally hate the podcast but I'm pretty close to giving up on it because it has definitely been more miss than hit.

n8r posted:

My basic thought at this point would be to have Lapkus play a character, but have the guest/host play 'themselves'.

I absolutely agree with this. It just doesn't work for me when the 'host' and the 'guest' are both being silly characters.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Betsy Sodaro played it straight and that still didn't work.

Lapkus is great and the Wild Horses and HH episodes were so good, but otherwise, yeah, the podcast doesn't quite work.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

A friend of mine saw Adam Scott leaving the gym and Instagrammed this pic:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Adam Scott wouldn't drive a dodge dude that's retarded.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Besson posted:

Betsy Sodaro played it straight and that still didn't work.

Lapkus is great and the Wild Horses and HH episodes were so good, but otherwise, yeah, the podcast doesn't quite work.

It seems obvious in hindsight: asking a random comedy person to invent an entire show to host, and then carry this entirely new show with one guest is crazy. Of course the Paul F. Tompkins episode is one of the best, the dude has hosted like half a dozen podcasts over a period of years, including a solo podcast. Same with the HH guys, they literally already have the characters and the schtick made up. The Wild Horses episode was great because these four people all have tons of experience improvising with one another.

Lapkus is great, the problem was the idea for the podcast was crazy. Andy Daly was able to get away with doing a new podcast every episode because he clearly did huge amounts of work to prepare, was drawing on established characters, and used large teams of the best improvisers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've liked about half of them fine :shrug: Keep it up.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I just realized that tomorrow is Wednesday and since they did that live recording of UTU2TM last weekend, it can only mean one thing....

:getin:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hollywood Handbook remains funny. There's nothing to point out as especially funny since the joke is the same as always, but whenever they reference Calvin and Hobbes it's really, really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Which episode of the Reality Show Show is the one where someone does the "So you're saying there's a chance?" Dumb and Dumber line on like the bachelor or something and Hayes and Sean do a whole bunch of Osmosis Jones quotes? I really want to find that again.