Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Get hype, just opened a case:

FN M9 doplar ST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
This is getting bloody ridiculous.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alighieri posted:

FN M9 doplar ST
I hate you and I wish death upon your family, because that's easily $800-$1000.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

UltraVariant posted:

I hate you and I wish death upon your family, because that's easily $800-$1000.

Way more. WAY more.

That price you listed is just FN Doppler M9, Add ST and that nice Doppler phase 1 pattern, oh boy.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 3, 2015

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Alighieri posted:

FN M9 doplar ST

This is my dream knife :( I'll give you a butterfly fade and a lifetime of sexual favors for it.\

I've never actually given a blowjob before but I take direction well.

FMPONE
Feb 14, 2013

Level Designer Dude

Alighieri posted:

FN M9 doplar ST

wow good work :O

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wish i could get chroma cases, i have nine keys leftover sitting in my inv after selling my knife and i just want to pop cases and pray

e; i say we declare this thread the threadseason of many goon knives

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i opened my first case in 4 months the other day and got a negev. where the gently caress is my knife?

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

trying to jack off posted:

i opened my first case in 4 months the other day and got a negev. where the gently caress is my knife?

Guide to uncasing knife:

1. Get Case
2. Buy Key
3. Open Case
4. Repeat 1-3 until knife

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Luna Was Here posted:

wish i could get chroma cases, i have nine keys leftover sitting in my inv after selling my knife and i just want to pop cases and pray

e; i say we declare this thread the threadseason of many goon knives

I will definitely not be opening my Chroma case. What's your Steam handle?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I opened a case and it took my knife and gave it to someone else.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Apparently I am supposed to post here and be told why the M1014 is a bad gun and I am a bad player for being able to get kills with it :v:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alabaster White posted:

Apparently I am supposed to post here and be told why the M1014 is a bad gun and I am a bad player for being able to get kills with it :v:

No, it's good for corner holds and flat out bumrushes. Who told you that?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The only gun you should literally never buy is the M249; dualies/sawed-off are subpar. Every other gun either has a solid niche or is just plain good.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the m4a4 has more bullets which means its better

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
w0w lots of good posting in this thread today. I like the 3 cat idea, but I think heavy mid makes a lot of sense on most mid heavy maps, especially watching some pro games recently with poo poo like 3 mid on cache or looking back at 1.6 the 1 long 2 cat 1 mid 1 b teams would play on d2, esp if you are willing and able to play for the retake instead of the hold. Any reason thats a pistol strat instead of gun rounds as well church?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I will definitely not be opening my Chroma case. What's your Steam handle?

steamcommunity.com/id/lunawashere

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Elysiume posted:

The only gun you should literally never buy is the M249; dualies/sawed-off are subpar. Every other gun either has a solid niche or is just plain good.

literally

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Yeah it's trash.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Xenaero posted:

No, it's good for corner holds and flat out bumrushes. Who told you that?

My friend with infamously bad opinions who claims the Nova is better, but moreover that a rifle is better in all situations :v:

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012
The M1014 seems fine IMO. I prefer the Nova, just for the first shot kill chance, but hell, at least you're not using a sawed-off <shudder>

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I buy the m249 sometimes as a last round troll because it's funny, IMO.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Akumos posted:

I buy the m249 sometimes as a last round troll because it's funny, IMO.

Only when you can't afford a glorious negev I hope

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://gfycat.com/ImpoliteDeadlyGrayling
lol...

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Anyone have any resources/contacts for selling, and I can't believe I am typing this, high end knives. Been googling around and mostly have found reddit threads and the like. I would like to get a lot of bikes/bike parts for my knife.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Alighieri posted:

Anyone have any resources/contacts for selling, and I can't believe I am typing this, high end knives. Been googling around and mostly have found reddit threads and the like. I would like to get a lot of bikes/bike parts for my knife.

Read "The Pearl" by Steinbeck before you do anything.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Alighieri posted:

Captain Invictus is a goon who brokers high-end pixel deals, thread here.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

bpower posted:

Read "The Pearl" by Steinbeck before you do anything.

More an East of Eden fan.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Achievement talk so who cares, but:

What the gently caress is the point of this one? To just try it I started a bot match and literally shift walked all the way from spawn to a bombsite, killed a bot and planted. I can't imagine it ever happening in an actual game on any mode.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Alighieri posted:

Remember to post ITT after you get scammed

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Dork457 posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this one?

It's so that even silvers who crouch-walk everywhere can get achievements too :shobon:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Alighieri posted:

for the love of god please trade for keys or you're 100% getting scammed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dork457 posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this one? To just try it I started a bot match and literally shift walked all the way from spawn to a bombsite, killed a bot and planted. I can't imagine it ever happening in an actual game on any mode.

I got it by logging into a deathmatch with 5 seconds left and shooting a guy before I could move.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

Dork457 posted:

I got this when I was learning Hammer and made a map that was a cube with two spawn points right next to each other.

I don't see it ever happening during an actual game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dork457 posted:

i got it in mm and convinced the rest of my team to try and get it at the same time. it was a fun round

cutie
Oct 22, 2010
Does matchmaking get better when you are ranked? I've done 7 hrs 22 mins of competitive and all I have to show for it are 3 wins. At this rate I'm going to get my 10th win at around 24.5 hours. :shepicide:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

cutie posted:

Does matchmaking get better when you are ranked? I've done 7 hrs 22 mins of competitive and all I have to show for it are 3 wins. At this rate I'm going to get my 10th win at around 24.5 hours. :shepicide:

Unfortunately there's a common factor to all of those games. Break out that aim_map.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

cutie posted:

get good.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

cutie posted:

If you're playing against Silver 1s(tell at the end of the match) already, that's as low as it goes, just try to improve. Don't run while firing and stop crouching period(it's not bad, you're just not ready) and you're ready to join me in Silver 2.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to learn CS by making safer mistakes. I'm already not crouching unless I need to for traversal, but I'm thinking maybe I'll try introducing other rules like "never challenge an AWPer" until I can aim well enough to learn when to do those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Smol posted:

Teams (= their sponsors) pay for the trips in exchange for exposure. Prize money doesn't matter directly, as teams typically take a very small cut of it, if at all.

i watched the nip docu and they take 100% of the prize money

• Locked thread