Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Roland Jones posted:

He's definitely doing something of a villain-pose in this comic. Like a miniature brooding overlord or something.

I don't think Isaac is going ot become a villain but I do think he'd be more than willing to follow Doorman's master at this point.

And Doorman does need some muscle since Forge is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
That first panel is some Ghibli poo poo and I love it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

There are at least four factions so far. (Spender. The Consortium. Doorman + Forge + their master. The dogs + the death cult + maybe the doublespeak spirit posessing Max?) And we don't really know what any of them are up to. For all we know Issac defecting could put him in a less evil faction.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 30, 2015

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think Isaac is going ot become a villain but I do think he'd be more than willing to follow Doorman's master at this point.

And Doorman does need some muscle since Forge is gone.

I know somebody full of muscle and spiky hair and his name ain't Isaac.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ditocoaf posted:

There are at least four factions so far. (Spender. The Consortium. Doorman + Forge + their master. The dogs + the death cult + maybe the doublespeak spirit posessing Max?) And we don't really know what any of them are up to. For all we know Issac defecting could put him in a less evil faction.
Isn't there the Hunter type dudes

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There's the cousinhood of man, isn't there?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Isn't there the Hunter type dudes

The Cousinhood of Man, yeah. They're a thing too.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
An icky thing. Like, super icky!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
They are a thing but appear to have no actual influence in Mayview so I wouldn't really add them to the list.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah for now they're not really one of the factions among the characters we've met so far, which is by itself already a surprisingly high number, which is what I was getting at.

But I bet they'll become relevant later. It's a chekhov's gun sort of thing.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Honestly I've kinda been assuming those death cult looking bastards with the demon dogs were from the Cousinhood of Man. If for no other reason than it would cut down on the number of factions some.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Hah, well, that's pretty much the same reason I'm assuming that the doublespeaking-spirit-inside-of-Max is on the same side as the death cult guys, so, fair enough.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

theshim posted:

It is, also, arguably the best page of Paranatural.

I think page 299 is better.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

"Stephen's been dissolving social constructs for the last two hours" is my favorite thing, at this moment.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Cat Mattress posted:

The first time I read this page I missed "my tiny feet hurt". Incredible.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Cat Mattress posted:

Oh poo poo, I completely missed that RJ took a picture. I wonder if spectrals et al. will be able to see the train in the photograph?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Oh poo poo, I completely missed that RJ took a picture. I wonder if spectrals et al. will be able to see the train in the photograph?
I forsee Johnny getting into an argument with the others over the contents of that picture quite shortly.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, they can. It's been covered, I think in a side bit somewhere and not actually in the comic, but Spectrals can see both video and pictures of stuff without any extra equipment. I'm imagining that this will come up with Johnny, sooner rather than later.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Honestly I've kinda been assuming those death cult looking bastards with the demon dogs were from the Cousinhood of Man. If for no other reason than it would cut down on the number of factions some.

I'd assumed anything called a "cousinhood of man" would be made up of... well, humans, and not spirits. Those guys looked pretty spirited.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Dolash posted:

I'd assumed anything called a "cousinhood of man" would be made up of... well, humans, and not spirits. Those guys looked pretty spirited.

They're not human, they're human-related. Like cousins. Cousins of man.

In the hood.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Werewolves n' poo poo. Garcia is definitely involved somehow.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Prawn Salad posted:

They're not human, they're human-related. Like cousins. Cousins of man.

In the hood.

That's just goofy enough to be completely plausible, and I'd forgotten Garcia's mystery would likely be part of the chapter. Another possible faction-member.

The real question is who does Starchman serve?

Edit: VVVV Nah, that happened, he tried to bribe him with Starchman Stars.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 31, 2015

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Can someone confirm if I imagined Garcia attempting to buy Max's silence re. the floating semiconscious down a creek thing?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Renaissance Robot posted:

Can someone confirm if I imagined Garcia attempting to buy Max's silence re. the floating semiconscious down a creek thing?

Nope, you did not imagine it.
You know, I never noticed how badly Spender was actually bleeding in this page.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Haha geeze I forgot it was a Starchman Star he offered, I remembered it as :10bux: or something

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
according to alt text canon it's :10bux: x 50

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyP posted:

That first panel is some Ghibli poo poo and I love it.

I know! Cat ghost made of cat ghosts :3:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't believe Johnny is actually a spectral/medium now. It's so fantastic.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It'll be interesting to see how Johnny and Forge's "whomp on nerds" agendas align. I don't think he'll have time or patience for Forge's rambling morality speeches, but they may share a common language of roars and beatings, and Forge may direct Johnny to take revenge on the Activity Club for his premature death.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I was under the impression that when a dying spirit jumps into a random non-spectral person, it takes an inconvenient amount of time for that person to turn into a spectral and start providing spectral energy. Unless something unsual happens, Johnny's not a spectral yet.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so, what did isaac do that he's convinced is the root of his exclusion? probably related to him being confident of his ability to mop the floor with the other members of the activity club, i'd guess

i can't believe he hasn't connected the dots between his spirit's hostility towards spender and co. and spender being so cagey :v:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

so, what did isaac do that he's convinced is the root of his exclusion? probably related to him being confident of his ability to mop the floor with the other members of the activity club, i'd guess

i can't believe he hasn't connected the dots between his spirit's hostility towards spender and co. and spender being so cagey :v:

It's probably one of those things where he's lived with his spirit for so long that that's just how he's come to accept him. He doesn't even realize that the spirit is angry at Spender & Co. specifically, because he's always angry when he talks to him.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

Has he actually said he hasn't and isn't just grumpy nonetheless?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tollymain posted:

If Doorman's words are right then Isaac was much more reckless with his power in the past. Whatever Isaac did it was very destructive.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Yes Isaac, your transformation is complete. Now you will be full Zuko.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I don't think Issac has any idea that it's his spirit that makes is what makes Spencer and them cagey. Also yeah he has a very short fuse. This isn't the first time that he snapped and almost lost his cool. Wonder if Doorman is gonna give him his own version of Justice HUG. :v:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So wait, Isaac''s probably going to snipe Johnny before he gets to the club, and they'll have the weirdest anime tag-team duo. But come on, Isaac's really just being a big anime baby here. Max didn't fully deny Isaac or anything yet, Isaac's just angry that the other members like him so Isaac can't control him.

Doorman probably knows what's up, though. And Max might still need Isaac's help to get back out of Mayview.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SlothfulCobra posted:

So wait, Isaac''s probably going to snipe Johnny before he gets to the club, and they'll have the weirdest anime tag-team duo. But come on, Isaac's really just being a big anime baby here. Max didn't fully deny Isaac or anything yet, Isaac's just angry that the other members like him so Isaac can't control him.

Isabel's not the only one who's extremely twelve years old.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well, if this page showed me anything it's that Isaac certainly wasn't exaggerating when he said he could probably take Isabel and Ed. That's some decent destruction alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Pep talk incoming.