Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Noctone posted:

Is this moon language what passes for English in Chicago?

Naw, it just means potato sunrise is over across the court playin' stereo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm having a real hard time watching Raptor's games all the way through these days. We're brute forcing our way through bad teams, but man, it's been some ugly basketball lately.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mvp

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

:kimchi:

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

mistermojo posted:

did not expect LeBron to be a fan

He "curated" NBA 2k14's soundtrack and there was U2 and Coldplay and poo poo on it, maybe the dude just likes some dadrock.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

He "curated" NBA 2k14's soundtrack and there was U2 and Coldplay and poo poo on it, maybe the dude just likes some dadrock.

It reminds me of a Jay Z interview I read a few years ago, probably before Blue Print 3 came out where he was talking about how as he gets older he doesn't identify with many rappers anymore but instead jams to Coldplay.

Also Imagine Dragons did a song with Kendrick Lamar.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Those drat Grizzlyweight Championship belts are already going for over $100 on Ebay. That is some bullshit.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

purkey posted:

Those drat Grizzlyweight Championship belts are already going for over $100 on Ebay. That is some bullshit.

Money isn't everything, it's the only thing, and everyone has a price.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

That loving Phil Collins song is just burned into my brain now, thanks for nothing lebron

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Imagine being 'into rock' but having your favorite bands be U2, coldplay, and imagine dragons.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Beats used one of their songs in a commercial with LeBron. If he thought they were white crackers I'm sure he would have had enough pull to have them switch it up to Maroon V or Weezer

What the gently caress does this mean

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

*in marketing meeting* "this feels too caucasian, what about weezer or maroon 5?"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

What the gently caress does this mean

Beats is a headphones brand. They did a commercial. LeBron was in it. Maybe he could have had them change the song they used inn the commercial if he didn't like it.

Weezer and Marion 5 are slightly older bands that also suck.

E: drat autocorrect

feller fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 3, 2015

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Weezer was awesome in middle school, tyvm.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They're still alright if you're into 90s alternative.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

I only listen to Jock Jams :/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Faxanadu posted:

I only listen to the Space Jam soundtrack :/

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
I bet Durant loving loves Train.

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I bet Durant loving loves Train.

Elliott Smith after a loss

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Durant strikes me as the kind of dude that really likes big sean

E: yup,

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
NBA N/V February: I just googled Imagine Dragons

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So I have a general question about issues regarding Kevin Love on the Cavs. I've only watched one cavs game and want to know why he is struggling so much.

So, in theory at least, a Kyrie/Love or Lebron/Love (Especially the latter) pick and pop play should almost always result in an open wing 3 for love. And if I recall, that is a shot that Love has hit at near elite levels in the past.

Ar the Cavs not running this play? Are defenders opting to take away the 3 threat and allow better penetration? It seems like such a no brainer to me but I'm not a coach or a good basketball player so I'm pretty dumb.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Weezer is awesome period, U2 is awesome in their early days, but get both of them out of my basketball game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Chandler-kun is so sugoi, maybe he will notice me~~

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Zach Lowe on the Clippers:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/time-for-your-western-conference-wake-up-call-dont-sleep-on-the-clippers/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Noctone posted:

Is this moon language what passes for English in Chicago?

p much yeah

http://chicagodibs.tumblr.com/

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Paul Zuvella posted:

So I have a general question about issues regarding Kevin Love on the Cavs. I've only watched one cavs game and want to know why he is struggling so much.

So, in theory at least, a Kyrie/Love or Lebron/Love (Especially the latter) pick and pop play should almost always result in an open wing 3 for love. And if I recall, that is a shot that Love has hit at near elite levels in the past.

Ar the Cavs not running this play? Are defenders opting to take away the 3 threat and allow better penetration? It seems like such a no brainer to me but I'm not a coach or a good basketball player so I'm pretty dumb.

For a number of reasons Love is not a dive threat for the Cavs, he is exclusively a popper. The popular image of Love shooting pop 3s for Minny exclusively overlooks the fact that he did a lot of diving and slipping, and while he wasn't a great scorer on the move, by mixing it up he opened up room for his jumper. He isn't rolling much for Cleveland, I guess to leave the paint uncluttered for Kyrie and LeBron, and maybe this predictability makes it easier for defenders to challenge Love's threes.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

attackmole posted:

I'm having a real hard time watching Raptor's games all the way through these days. We're brute forcing our way through bad teams, but man, it's been some ugly basketball lately.

Feel the same way. Their offense is so ugly. They loving lost to Jerry'dd'' Bayless and some guy who is apparently Kenyon Martin.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Read basically these two posts:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698490&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post441065777

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698490&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post441074292

And what Dokmo said. They are cutting back on what Love does and its affecting his game. He isn't shooting as well as he should be, but I think that's because he's playing a different game.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

NBA N/V February: I just googled Imagine Dragons

Welcome to the new age.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

Imagine being 'into rock' but having your favorite bands be U2, coldplay, and imagine dragons.

That's rough.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Michael Jordan, Worlds Best Teammate?

quote:

Grant also talked specifically about the time that MJ went toe-to-toe with Chicago center Will Perdue. MJ got the better of him, but it wasn't because Perdue couldn't fight. Rather, it was because MJ's teammates weren't going to allow anyone to lay a finger on the best player in the NBA.

"I hate to tell the story...Will and I are still good friends," he said. "Typical Phil, we run this play and Will set an illegal pick on MJ and MJ said, 'Will, don't do that again.' 'Whatcha talking about?' That's Will. MJ says, 'Alright.' Phil says, 'Run it again.' So naturally, we run it two more times, illegal pick. MJ walks up to Will—boom. Lit him up. It was over. We grabbed Will. You're not going to hurt MJ. MJ can take care of himself. The next day on the plane, Will gets on with this huge shiner."

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/02/horace-grant-talks-about-how-michael-jordan-punched-will-perdue

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Not surprising. What is surprising is that almost-50 year old Horace Grant looks like he's 29 and I think he could still get a double-double.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If only Lebron punched Chalmers or Boobie Gibson back in the day. Then we'd all know he had The Look.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BWV posted:

Feel the same way. Their offense is so ugly. They loving lost to Jerry'dd'' Bayless and some guy who is apparently Kenyon Martin.

I think the Bucks have a top 5 defense right now, Lowe mentioned something about that. Their offense is basically made up of different guys who contribute randomly throughout the game and their defense is just crowding the passing lanes with their ridiculous wingspans. They're basically made for beating up lovely offensive teams but get clobbered by teams that can reliably shoot deep 2's, 3's, and feed the paint to competent big men (like when Pau walked into the paint all night vs them).

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Lockback posted:

Not surprising. What is surprising is that almost-50 year old Horace Grant looks like he's 29 and I think he could still get a double-double.

Harvey is 98, hunchbacked, and covered in oozing pustules. :spooky:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

I think the Bucks have a top 5 defense right now, Lowe mentioned something about that. Their offense is basically made up of different guys who contribute randomly throughout the game and their defense is just crowding the passing lanes with their ridiculous wingspans. They're basically made for beating up lovely offensive teams but get clobbered by teams that can reliably shoot deep 2's, 3's, and feed the paint to competent big men (like when Pau walked into the paint all night vs them).

They are #2
http://www.basketball-reference.com...=&order_by=wins

I originally thought Larry Sanders was the big reason why they were so good, but I guess not.

Also, Minnesota makes their opponents offense look like the Warriors.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

this is most people who are into rock though

Steve Kerr owns because he punched Jordan back.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Niwrad posted:

Why is he not covered in bubble wrap? There are people who will do that for you Derrick.
That's Jimmy Butler's Bentley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

BWV posted:

Bayless would fit right in on the Raptors. Dribble around then fling up a 20 footer.

Bucks had to play Bayless and a D League guy they picked up a week ago and the Raptors still looked terrible. Bucks were able to gut out enough offense despite having only like 8 guys available.

• Locked thread