Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Haruharuharuko posted:

loving hell its been a day

Alright, once again, I'm playing the idiot card. Is the blood there part of the tattoo design or is that his actual blood and it just looks like he got a tattoo of a menstruating shark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

Alright, once again, I'm playing the idiot card. Is the blood there part of the tattoo design or is that his actual blood and it just looks like he got a tattoo of a menstruating shark?

it's a bad coverup tattoo for a golf ball sized bruise maybe?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

CzarChasm posted:

You've never heard the term "shark week"?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

canyoneer posted:

You've never heard the term "shark week"?

What's that have to do with this? It's a shark with legs done in the worst sailor jerry style with a red background. Where's the joke?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

It's a shittily done pic of one of Katy Perrys backing dancers from the Super Bowl halftime show.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
From the same artist:

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

that poo trail is fantastic

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Male Tears posted:

From the same artist:

'O' face Christ.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Lord Frisk posted:

What's that have to do with this? It's a shark with legs done in the worst sailor jerry style with a red background. Where's the joke?

It's a reach-y term for period time, because that lasts about a week and sharks are attracted to blood :ms:

Have a tattoo to illustrate the point ( :nws: I guess?): http://i.imgur.com/5fRrWwG.jpg

Anime tattoos are their own brand of bad, but even considering that, these two are pretty lovely.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Elkyrie posted:

Anime tattoos are their own brand of bad, but even considering that, these two are pretty lovely.

Sometimes they can be well executed though.

Not that it makes them

any better an idea most of the time.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

Sometimes they can be well executed though.

Not that it makes them

any better an idea most of the time.

at least they picked good shows...

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Male Tears posted:

From the same artist:

I know this is technically poo poo, but I kind of like it. Maybe I'm just a sucker for primitive shapes and bright colors.

This, on the other hand, is utter poo poo in all ways. I don't think there's any kind of tattoo that comes closer than animal print to a 100% suck rate.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

This photo looks poorly shopped, though, or else this is the first new piece this individual has had on that arm in twenty years.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Male Tears posted:

From the same artist:

Sweet set of buboes there. I guess that they're doing some black Death cosplay.

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

ArcMage posted:

This photo looks poorly shopped, though, or else this is the first new piece this individual has had on that arm in twenty years.

the tattoos that are not the subject of the photo have been blurred

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Elkyrie posted:

It's a reach-y term for period time, because that lasts about a week and sharks are attracted to blood :ms:

Have a tattoo to illustrate the point ( :nws: I guess?): http://i.imgur.com/5fRrWwG.jpg

I was asking what the term shark week had to do with that tattoo. (It has nothing to do with that tattoo.)

Also, the tattoo in question is a background dancer from the super bowl half time show. Fuckin :ms: for real.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gihon posted:

the tattoos that are not the subject of the photo have been blurred

Ya, looks like he also did the Asuka around the side there at an earlier date.

e:

I mean, say what you will about the subject, the execution is quite good

I'd let him tattoo me v:shobon:v

Hell, I'm gonna be in Tokyo around this time next year, so gently caress it I just might.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Feb 4, 2015

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

man these are really good tattoos from a technical standpoint, but the subject matter kinda shows questionable judgement from all parties involved

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Lord Frisk posted:

I was asking what the term shark week had to do with that tattoo. (It has nothing to do with that tattoo.)

Also, the tattoo in question is a background dancer from the super bowl half time show. Fuckin :ms: for real.

What? That wasn't the question. The question was whether that red spot was blood or an old tattoo.

Or if the tattoo was a picture of a shark during its time of the month.

e:

ReidRansom posted:

If s/he was going to get Asuka and Mari, s/he should have waited until 4.44 for the dual robot action :colbert:

Postal Parcel has a new favorite as of 04:27 on Feb 4, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bad anime tattoos are plentiful.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gihon posted:

man these are really good tattoos from a technical standpoint, but the subject matter kinda shows questionable judgement from all parties involved

His not-anime stuff is pretty solid too though

but this isn't the thread for that

Gihon
Jan 9, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I am so unbelievably thankful that I wasn't 18 yet during my Dragonball Z phase.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Male Tears posted:

From the same artist:

The beard was added to all of the paintings of jesus because priests got tired of parishioners calling him "ThumbPenishead".

Edit: took a second look at the picture and realized Jesus' neck is awful veiny. My thumb certainly isn't that veiny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

"By the power of the moon..." (pokes self in eye).

This one kind of looks like a head attached to an arm.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ReidRansom posted:

e:

I mean, say what you will about the subject, the execution is quite good

I'd let him tattoo me v:shobon:v

Hell, I'm gonna be in Tokyo around this time next year, so gently caress it I just might.

If you're serious, I can recommend Studio Muscat in Shibuya. They're English-speaking, got some good artists, clean and professional.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Y'all talk about anime tattoos then this appears on my Facebook feed. Tattoo Artist Magazine saw fit to post this with the caption "WTF?!?!"

:nws: :nms:

http://s.likes-media.com/img/28e6afb3f10af3519edbb9178027c6da.600x.jpg

moerketid has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Feb 4, 2015

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
hasn't that one been confirmed as shopped/bodypaint?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I think there are two versions; one shopped and then that one above where someone decided to get it done.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

In any case, can you at least edit it to a link instead of posting it inline? Hidden images still load, I think, and I'd rather that not be loading on my machine here at the office.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Wrong thread! This rocks.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

In any case, can you at least edit it to a link instead of posting it inline? Hidden images still load, I think, and I'd rather that not be loading on my machine here at the office.

Just a link now.

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

I hope this hasn't been posted yet. It deserves to be here.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

"Just a little more shading and its done"

It's supposed to be Scarface

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Haruharuharuko posted:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Haruharuharuko posted:

3rd degre burn scars are still scars, mate.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

He's aiming a flaming chicken nugget with such conviction..

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

MissEchelon posted:

If you're serious, I can recommend Studio Muscat in Shibuya. They're English-speaking, got some good artists, clean and professional.

Also, thanks for this recommendation. I'll give them a look, but I'm talking to the other guy already as well. English isn't really a requirement for me. My Japanese isn't spectacular, but I can get by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Haruharuharuko posted:

"Just a little more shading and its done"

A cubist zirconia.

• Locked thread