Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Another million dollar idea stolen from UYD. Someone please tell Seth about this.

Ed: \/ \/ That was it, just seemed like a strangely specific thing to pop up as the name of a government programme. My level of amusement over this may have been unwarranted.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

GraPar posted:

Another million dollar idea stolen from UYD. Someone please tell Seth about this.

Other than being called "Ask Amy" I don't see what this has to do with UYD

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Jah went on a "How you know if you're a podcasting human being" rant in one episode. I looked it up on the Wiki and it says it happened in the 70's. Am I crazy, or did this happen in a ~monumental~ episode like 150/200/250? I swore it was during a big episode and that the Wiki is wrong.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

GraPar posted:

Ed: \/ \/ That was it, just seemed like a strangely specific thing to pop up as the name of a government programme. My level of amusement over this may have been unwarranted.

"Ask Amy" is a real advice column akin to "Dear Abby". The boys just like to take questions written in to Amy and ask Jonathan.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ask+amy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

goldblums eyes posted:

Jah went on a "How you know if you're a podcasting human being" rant in one episode. I looked it up on the Wiki and it says it happened in the 70's. Am I crazy, or did this happen in a ~monumental~ episode like 150/200/250? I swore it was during a big episode and that the Wiki is wrong.

I think it's in the 70s because I remember hearing it around the same time I heard the first Craigshouse segment (ep 74). I also think it might be on YouTube?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

C-Euro posted:

I think it's in the 70s because I remember hearing it around the same time I heard the first Craigshouse segment (ep 74). I also think it might be on YouTube?

I agree with this, I'm not at 150 yet and swear I've heard the segment. Maybe somewhere from 70-90. Good luck.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

goldblums eyes posted:

Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWsnaLIln1c

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

It's ep 74 he gets mad about lovely equipment and intros that sound like theyre "hacking in" and use sound bytes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jdawg dropping truth bombs.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why does Seth randomly talk about some lady getting dragged out of a elevator

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why does Seth randomly talk about some lady getting dragged out of a elevator

Ray Rice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Trabandiumium posted:

It's ep 74 he gets mad about lovely equipment and intros that sound like theyre "hacking in" and use sound bytes.

He basically describes the full intro for WTF from the hard guitar riff, to the soundbyte, to addressing your audience "motherfuckers"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The This Year compilations are fantastic. Every bit I've been trying to remember turns up on one sooner or later. Spent a week wondering where "I wasn't being sinister" came from, here it is in the best of 2012 -- a What Would You Do where they sent drunk girls into a bar to get creeped on and a real creep pounces on them before they even send the creep actor in.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Didn't see anyone mention it, but 445 from the SF Sketchfest is up.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I would be strangely ok with it if UYD were sponsored by a tobacco company.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That original Ask Amy was ice cold.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm the one that sent that in! Seth gushing over my tinyurl was probably the crowning achievement of my life.

Credit where credit's due, I found it in some GBS thread that I think got gassed.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That is wonderful and you've established a way to communicate with him. Keep that site alive and update it with Things We Need Seth To See. Then just call him and be like, 'yo Seth, check out your private webzone'

You've breached his formidable fortifications of internet distrust, that was the hardest part. Don't lose control of that site!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Yeah man, solid find.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

That original Ask Amy was ice cold.

God, that was amazing. I liked where that one woman wrote in and Amy just fuckin' turned on her.

Also, their response to the one from an episode or two back with the woman writing in about the drunken three-way she and her husband had with her friend one night was pretty on point.

I do hope we see an Ask Amy (possibly mixed in with Playboy Advisor) compilation someday, those are pretty consistently great.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

He talked about it in the sketch ep. Nice.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can anyone tell me where Seth 'congratulates' amir on quitting video games for a year

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's pretty funny that all the people that corrected Seth on his Star Wars knowledge were straight up wrong themselves.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's pretty funny that all the people that corrected Seth on his Star Wars knowledge were straight up wrong themselves.

Yeah that really confused me???

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I figured he was exaggerating. Most UYD listeners seem to worship Seth, would they really flip out on him over some pedantic thing?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Beeez posted:

I figured he was exaggerating. Most UYD listeners seem to worship Seth, would they really flip out on him over some pedantic thing?

Well, you figure there has to be a LOT of people that listen to UYD. I imagine there's a handful that worship Star Wars more than Seth, and are also lovely people that would call a podcaster to yell at them about being wrong.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

goldblums eyes posted:

Well, you figure there has to be a LOT of people that listen to UYD. I imagine there's a handful that worship Star Wars more than Seth, and are also lovely people that would call a podcaster to yell at them about being wrong.

I guess you're right. I wonder if he's gotten such vitriol ever before.

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Beeez posted:

I guess you're right. I wonder if he's gotten such vitriol ever before.

"I think one in ten black people has Down's Syndrome"

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Rusty Rickshaw posted:

"I think one in ten black people has Down's Syndrome"

I miss Seth giving Jonathan's cell phone number every time he said something ridiculously dumb

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Once upon a time, despite it being an extremely obvious and reoccurring joke, there were people who would call up to correct Seth's pronunciation of "Oregon"

So yeah anything's possible

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Uhh Yeah Dude: sponsored by forlorn

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Wow, the SF one was loving top notch.
Amazing how good they can still be after 9 years.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
They can be pretty depressing in their earlier podcasts, especially Seth. But now that they are older, and dont give a gently caress, I like them a lot better

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
It's such a contrast to listen to their first couple live shows and the more recent ones. Jonathan was so nervously chatty and Seth was super withdrawn as opposed to their comfortable looseness now

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

At the SF show Seth was visibly nervous/excited at the beginning. I'm pretty sure his hands were shaking. After the first couple cards he got in a groove.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Scoot down, i like to look at my own balls

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Anyone have a link to where I can find older eps? iTunes stops around 237, which is ironically just when I started listening. I started from #1 and got to somewhere in the 70's, wanted to pick up where I left off.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
https://web.archive.org/web/20111212063111/http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Awesome, thanks! Flying internationally tomorrow, can't wait to dip in.

I really ought to just download all of them, just in case the MonsterWeb suddenly goes dark someday. All I need to survive the apocalypse is a Bible, a shotgun, a compass, and every episode of UYD.

edit: Can't believe they haven't done a bible/shotgun/compass UYD shirt yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Hands
Jan 1, 2006

Helmut
the
Mysterion
I think this is an excellent site for older eps: http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/
Has everything from 1 to 446, the older ones even have timestamps.