Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SA2K posted:

Majora is poo poo and Ocarina is the best ever

1. No, Link to the Past is the best.

2. Majora's is better than Ocarina in almost ever single facet. It actually does something different and interesting with your bog standard Zelda Story. And actually switches up the gameplay in a somewhat meaningful manner with the different masks you get.

I'm sorry I just value originality and something other than oh god need to save princess in my video game stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Let's bring this back on track.

Someone recreate Mutant League Football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dexo posted:

1. No, Link to the Past is the best.

2. Majora's is better than Ocarina in almost ever single facet. It actually does something different and interesting with your bog standard Zelda Story. And actually switches up the gameplay in a somewhat meaningful manner with the different masks you get.

I'm sorry I just value originality and something other than oh god need to save princess in my video game stories.

1. We were talking about 3D, so Link to the Past isn't an option.

2. I also value originality. But taking away what makes Zelda what it is is stupid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

I'm 31 but never had a nintendo system :shrug:

Fuckin' poors.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I wish Seattle would have won if only for a simple two-frame comic with the first being Russell Wilson yelling "I'm going to Disney World" and the second being him standing sadly next to a "you must be this tall to ride" sign.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kalli posted:

If it helps, I haven't played a Zelda game since A link to the Past which came out 24 years ago.

I only ever bought and played the original legend of zelda when it came out, which was in 1987. :corsair:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SA2K posted:

1. We were talking about 3D, so Link to the Past isn't an option.

2. I also value originality. But taking away what makes Zelda what it is is stupid.

Best Ever makes a certain implication :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Majora's Mask was a kids' game with subtle adult themes where you weren't the hero chosen by :angel: Predestination. :angel: It's also pretty much Groundhog Day as a video game, therefore it's The Best.

Haters vacate.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Majora's mask would have been the best if it had a few more dungeons. 4 dungeons was lame. The rest is perfect. Except Tingle, gently caress Tingle. Creepy bastard.

Ocarina is still my favorite simply because it blew my mind at 12 years old.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Febreeze posted:

Majora's mask would have been the best if it had a few more dungeons. 4 dungeons was lame. The rest is perfect. Except Tingle, gently caress Tingle. Creepy bastard.

Eh, I liked the 4 dungeons because they were all really epic in their own right, all the boss fights were great; they didn't have to spread all of their ideas out over 12+ dungeons and bosses, and instead the point of the game is about helping people via sidequests (aka the Groundhog Day ending). Which I loved because I'm a huge softie. :shobon:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Febreeze posted:

Same

Basically any game when you're twelve is the best ever

How many summer of gronk comics are you doing febrizzle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hey Febreeze if you start now, you can do a team-specific comic a week for each team in the league and by the time you get to the end, it'll be the start of the 2015 season

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Zelda is bad
Dark Souls is good

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The best Zelda game is Okami :smugdog:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
[FIRST ZELDA GAME I PLAYED] is the best Zelda game ever, [ZELDA GAME THAT CAME AFTER] is the worst though

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

bhsman posted:

Majora's Mask was a kids' game with subtle adult themes where you weren't the hero chosen by :angel: Predestination. :angel: It's also pretty much Groundhog Day as a video game, therefore it's The Best.

Haters vacate.

Putting the pieces together of the whole game in context is actually ever darker than that—Link's in purgatory. He's the one that's dead, not Navi. In the game you can make statues using any mask of someone who dies; ever find it odd that you can make a statue of yourself?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zelda is like if you took an open world game and made it not open world, or fun

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Alouicious posted:

Zelda is like if you took an open world game and made it not open world, or fun
Shenmue is probably the first 'modern' open world game (depending on your definition you could argue for Super Mario 64), and a lot of Zeldas came out before that, including the first of the N64 Zeldas

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

WugLyfe posted:

Putting the pieces together of the whole game in context is actually ever darker than that—Link's in purgatory. He's the one that's dead, not Navi. In the game you can make statues using any mask of someone who dies; ever find it odd that you can make a statue of yourself?

No stop

Stop it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

The best Zelda game is Okami :smugdog:

Okami is loving amazing but your companion in that game is arguably the most irritating companion ever

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Shenmue is probably the first 'modern' open world game (depending on your definition you could argue for Super Mario 64), and a lot of Zeldas came out before that, including the first of the N64 Zeldas

Shenmue is garbage.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Shenmue is garbage.
Didn't say it was good, just said it was the prototypical open world game that introduced a ton of mechanics to the genre, and Grand Theft Auto 3 probably doesn't happen without it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

Shenmue is garbage.

:captainpop:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DJExile posted:

the devs tried a kickstarter but it didn't get funded

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Here's something not about video games http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/02/03/summer-camp-winter/

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SA2K posted:

No stop

Stop it

Also, all of the music in Majora's Mask is objectively better because each song has an emotional foundation to why you have it, and not some random spiel Sheik plays before running off for no reason. :smug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What did I just read.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
nm

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

you have deep seated psychological issues

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I liked Adventure of Link.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Wilford Cutlery posted:

No you didn't

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Wilford Cutlery posted:

:hfive: NES bros.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SA2K posted:

No you didn't

Still do.

JPrime posted:

:hfive: NES bros.

:hfive:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
As someone who's been playing Nintendo games since the age of two, that comic cut deep :smith:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The only issue I had with the comic is that Link takes way longer than four years to reappear in a new form. drat you Nintendo :argh:

e: real talk I loved the comic tho

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 4, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

DJExile posted:

Already in progress.

Way for you guys to not back the Kickstarter they had a while back that was too lofty in ambition and had too high of a goal to ever pass anyway

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Febreeze you should kayfabe slowly go insane from the lack of NFL football in the offseason to the point where you're making impossible-to-decipher comics a la Dan Herzfeldt about the CFL preseason.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

gently caress I love u ham

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZusf9_Bjx0

Twelfth man at peace
Look at that spot...inside the five
Floating in the sky
a dynasty, you're moving towards

Marshawn in the backfield.
Lined up at the one.
Could it be that this will be the run?

NO.

Little boy is throwin the ball
No Wilson Bullshit, just the bullshit from the bullshit call
Fuckin gently caress you all, he's throwin the ball

Little boy has gone a thrown a pick
No gettin six, no winnin this, no run, no hold ma dick.
No Disneyland, instead, he's throwin the ball

Oh, fuckin gently caress you all, he's throwin the ball

If we score, we do. If we don’t, then we’ll run it in on third and fourth down

If you're going to do this, you have to get at the under infrastructure of a building and bring it down

Oh, fuckin gently caress you all, he's throwin the BALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Febreeze you should kayfabe slowly go insane from the lack of NFL football in the offseason to the point where you're making impossible-to-decipher comics a la Dan Herzfeldt about the CFL preseason.

I think I need a higher and steadier readership before I start getting really weird

SA2K posted:

Hey Febreeze if you start now, you can do a team-specific comic a week for each team in the league and by the time you get to the end, it'll be the start of the 2015 season

That would ruin a lot of the fun around the draft, especially if I've already done certain teams by then. I've toyed with the idea of doing a 32 teams in 32 days sort of thing in June-july, but i'd need to plan that poo poo out

• Locked thread