Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also they're now talking about CM Punk, which is very interesting.

Hunter is very good at taking a potentially difficult question and rephrasing it and shifting the subject and moving to something less controversial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"I wish we could go back to two hours" was the most interesting thing HHH said, IMO.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Defiance Industries posted:

"I wish we could go back to two hours" was the most interesting thing HHH said, IMO.
I think Vince probably wants that too, they were just forced by USA to make it three hours

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Also they're now talking about CM Punk, which is very interesting.

Hunter is very good at taking a potentially difficult question and rephrasing it and shifting the subject and moving to something less controversial.

if you noticed him deflecting, he's not good at doing it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
How much amateur wrestling and Roller Debry talk on Semp and Meltzer's Raw review?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'd put the over under at a solid 10 minutes I reckon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

How much amateur wrestling and Roller Debry talk on Semp and Meltzer's Raw review?

Is there one up? I don't see it on the observer main page.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

No Roller Derby they are going to swerve us with a history of the Roller Games instead.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Show's going up late. It's going to be like, 2 hours including 20 minute of raw 30 minutes of new japan talk, and an hour of questions, right?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

LordPants posted:

Show's going up late. It's going to be like, 2 hours including 20 minute of raw 30 minutes of new japan talk, and an hour of questions, right?

It just got posted.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jubs posted:

It just got posted.

93 minutes, I think Mike's gonna be doing most of the Dave shows while Bryan's topping up his tan so expect that to be normal.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh my god meltzer thinking the bellas were trying to black paige up for black history month

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Defiance Industries posted:

That's pretty much the only thing he said that I believed. He's a heck of an engaging speaker, though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I want Dave to explain all technical processes to me. I want him on Raw every week telling people how to sign up for the Network.

Edit: lol and looking at the NJPWworld site, they were even giving the wrong directions. The little Captain New Japan photo link takes you to the Tags page, not the free trial page.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 3, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Those songs at the end of the Bryan and Vinny show were great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was surprised that Dave didn't get that they were claiming Rock messed up the Rumble because otherwise Roman would've been beaten down and easy pickings for Rusev. Yes, Show and Kane weren't legal either, but they're Authority guys and Hunter literally said he didn't care about them interfering. Yes, it's a double-standard, but they're heels!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This morning's Wrestling Observer Radio was awful. Between the sound issues and Meltzer not being talkative.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

audio issues aside it was fine. i didn't expect a sin limite.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i thought it was pretty bad too

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It was slow, boring, and not fun to listen to. Say what you will about Bryan but his energy is needed for recaps.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

maybe i just think it was okay because it was background noise while i was playing video games.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Was the part covering the HHH podcast more interesting? I haven't had a chance to listen yet but that's more what I care about anyway.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They spent less than five minutes talking about the podcast and there was very little analysis of it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

They spent less than five minutes talking about the podcast and there was very little analysis of it

Huh, I figured Dave would love to have another chance to call Trips out on poo poo. His rundown of the Grantland interview was one of the best things he's ever done.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Most of what HHH said wasn't news to Dave. He praised how Triple H presented himself in it and then discussed the few news items to come out of it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thauros posted:

Huh, I figured Dave would love to have another chance to call Trips out on poo poo. His rundown of the Grantland interview was one of the best things he's ever done.

Yeah but I feel like Trips worked a lot of people with that interview. He was entirely more sincere on the Jericho one.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Thauros posted:

Which podcast was that?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Which podcast was that?

I think they're referring to this interview

http://grantland.com/features/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h/

Edit: Oh or you mean Dave's rundown? He probably did one in the Observer around that time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Most of what HHH said wasn't news to Dave. He praised how Triple H presented himself in it and then discussed the few news items to come out of it.

The only thing that stood out to me about the Austin podcast was Hunter saying he wished Raw was two hours, and then saying he wished they could give the women more TV time. That's the most "WE'VE ONLY GOT THREE HOURS!" thing ever. Hell, the whole Raw was booked so the major complaints about Reigns and the Rumble were addressed. Bryan's in the main event picture (for now) and Reigns is back to being a cool badass.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

The only thing that stood out to me about the Austin podcast was Hunter saying he wished Raw was two hours, and then saying he wished they could give the women more TV time. That's the most "WE'VE ONLY GOT THREE HOURS!" thing ever. Hell, the whole Raw was booked so the major complaints about Reigns and the Rumble were addressed. Bryan's in the main event picture (for now) and Reigns is back to being a cool badass.

I almost lost my mind when Austin asked HHH "If you could change one thing about the current product, what would it be?" and HHH started to reply "I'd like more time..."

I thought he was going to say he wanted more time for Raw, thank god he went the other way with it.

And I assumed what he meant with the women is "Vince won't let me give the women more time"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How did a guy who can write a newsletter but talks like a robot end up with a guy who can host a radio show but can't write a newsletter?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The only thing funnier than Austin's quick conversion to an NXT fan is how predictable it was once he actually sat down and started watching the product.

"This ain't no sales pitch, but for $9.99 a month, it's almost worth it just to watch that show... they come on the air with a match in the ring, guys have heat, and they put on a pro wrestling show."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I did laugh at Hunter saying the podcast was 'worth the price of admission'. So it's worth nothing, then? :v:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

triplexpac posted:

And I assumed what he meant with the women is "Vince won't let me give the women more time"

I don't know what else that COULD mean, given his position in the company and previously saying writing three hours of TV is too long.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave rebooking Sirens was the highlight of this show.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dunbar posted:

The only thing funnier than Austin's quick conversion to an NXT fan is how predictable it was once he actually sat down and started watching the product.

"This ain't no sales pitch, but for $9.99 a month, it's almost worth it just to watch that show... they come on the air with a match in the ring, guys have heat, and they put on a pro wrestling show."
Somewhere in CT Vince is furious, because Austin used the quality of the product to put the Network over, rather than just saying $9.99 and leaving it at that.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mike really needs to do bullet points on his recaps. Reading full sentences sucks the life out of it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I think they're referring to this interview

http://grantland.com/features/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h/

Edit: Oh or you mean Dave's rundown? He probably did one in the Observer around that time

It's in the August 29, 2013 issue

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Today on the Steve Austin Show: Stone Cold interviews an alligator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Holy crap that Observer was drat near unlistenable. I usually like Mike but his style of rambling on and not letting Dave answer completely killed his show. He speaks like someone who writes using commas instead of periods. The audio problems from Skype were annoying but letting a 30 second window of dead air remain on the final posted audio clip is unforgivable. Christ, I know poo poo about audio stuff but I could still remove that in 10 seconds in Audacity.

• Locked thread