Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

More like laurel & hardy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I actually think the stuff with her pretending it's Sara in the costume is probably the least egregious, because the city being under siege by a Shakespeare-quoting thug with delusions of being a warlord is not the time to grieve or have heartfelt conversations about betrayal and family. Quentin made an assumption, Laurel and the rest of Team Arrow/Canary realised they're in too deep at that particular point to pull back, so they go full bore.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Accretionist posted:

Someone actually posted about this happening in the China.jpg thread:

When my grandfather and his sister were both doing of cancer in seperate cities, my family opted not to tell either of them about the other.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I think there's a difference between not telling someone that their loved one is dead, and impersonating the dead person (both over the phone and in person) to reinforce the illusion that they are alive.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

I think there's a difference between not telling someone that their loved one is dead, and impersonating the dead person to reinforce the illusion that they are alive.

What if that person is a symbol of fear against the underworld and if it got out that it was in fact not that person but a poor van-jumper-onner it would endanger lives as well as that person, does that change the calculus at all?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

zoux posted:

What if that person is a symbol of fear against the underworld and if it got out that it was in fact not that person but a poor van-jumper-onner it would endanger lives as well as that person, does that change the calculus at all?

Telling Lance his daughter is dead != Telling the Starling City underworld that Sara is dead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

Telling Lance his daughter is dead != Telling the Starling City underworld that Sara is dead.

It might lead to him doing so for the reasons that Dig and Roy were trying to talk Laurel from putting the costume on.

"I'm nut gunna let ya put yaself in danjah, Lahrel!"

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

The confusing thing to me about the "magic herbs" thing is that they already had Ra's al Ghul implying that he was really old ("I haven't had this kind of challenge in 70 years" or whatever, sorry I can't remember the exact phrasing). Why do that if you're not going for some kind of Lazarus Pool/Herb/serum whatever thing?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

These magic herbs are going to turn out to be legendarily dank weed and this is going to become an entirely different kind of show.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Maybe they've planned a Highlander cross-over.

Edit: Ollie was saved by an awakened Quickening.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 3, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

These magic herbs are going to turn out to be legendarily dank weed and this is going to become an entirely different kind of show.

With a special guest appearance by Bronze Tiger's twin brother Black Dynamite

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I figured out how Ollie was actually cured. The virus in the HK flashback was actually water from the Lazarus Pits, and when Ollie et al escaped, Maseo and Tatsu secretly pilfered some of it before giving it back to Amanda. Then Tatsu used it later to kinda-sorta heal Ollie's stab wounds.

It all makes sense if you think about it!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

Starling City really is Seattle :2bong:

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

I figured out how Ollie was actually cured. The virus in the HK flashback was actually water from the Lazarus Pits, and when Ollie et al escaped, Maseo and Tatsu secretly pilfered some of it before giving it back to Amanda. Then Tatsu used it later to kinda-sorta heal Ollie's stab wounds.

It all makes sense if you think about it!

You joke, but Waller lying to them and telling them it was a dangerous virus when it was really a sample of the Lazarus pit water is very much something she would do. I'd be pretty happy with that twist, actually.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Posting in both show threads, we've got our Atom costume:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Oooh

I feel like it could use a cool face mask but that's probably just because of Guardians of the Galaxy and the absence of one doesn't detract at all.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Accretionist posted:

Oooh

I feel like it could use a cool face mask but that's probably just because of Guardians of the Galaxy and the absence of one doesn't detract at all.

You can get away with that part of the time in a movie (or all the time if you're Dredd) but covering up an actors fac in a TV show all the time makes it hard to emote

Do like the costome if a bit generically super cop

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:drat: That is some amazing work by the costume department.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

You can get away with that part of the time in a movie (or all the time if you're Dredd) but covering up an actors fac in a TV show all the time makes it hard to emote

False dichotomy. It is possible to have a full mask and still have the face shown.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Or, they could just say the faceplate is O-LED lined and displays an image of his face when worn. Then they can have open and closed helmets for when he needs anonymity.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Accretionist posted:

Or, they could just say the faceplate is O-LED lined and displays an image of his face when worn. Then they can have open and closed helmets for when he needs anonymity.

Yeah, as long as it's made from some sort of bullet-proof material.

I really don't like the current version because it's a badass suit with a cheap-looking plastic visor...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heh, I just noticed the little atom logo/diagram on the helmet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

False dichotomy. It is possible to have a full mask and still have the face shown.

Not anymore.

Once Iron Man did that it took it off the table for anyone else.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Not anymore.

Once Iron Man did that it took it off the table for anyone else.

What? Is it patented or something?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, as long as it's made from some sort of bullet-proof material.

Totally doable:

quote:

I really don't like the current version because it's a badass suit with a cheap-looking plastic visor...

It reminds me of one of those celebrity visors

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

What? Is it patented or something?

No, but if you do it you're just copying them and especially if you're DC you probably don't want to do that.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
drat that is really nice

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Astro Nut posted:

Posting in both show threads, we've got our Atom costume:

drat, that's fresh. I like. Wanna see it shoot some lasers.

OOH forget Flash vs Arrow, I wanna see Arrow vs ATOM now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

drat, that's fresh. I like. Wanna see it shoot some lasers.

That would be silly.

I wanna see it shoot coherent hard-light beams.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

BrianWilly posted:

OOH forget Flash vs Arrow, I wanna see Arrow vs ATOM now.

Considering ATOM is a separate entity from the Arrow crew and is on Arrow, that will almost certainly happen.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

King of Solomon posted:

Considering ATOM is a separate entity from the Arrow crew and is on Arrow, that will almost certainly happen.
I can only imagine the Felicity reactions.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sober posted:

I can only imagine the Felicity reactions.

"CRAP! Um, Ollie? Laurel? Someone?! Hit him in the junk. Not like that! There's a weak point there that'll short out his servos!"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

King of Solomon posted:

ATOM tragically assumes that Oliver is the first zombie of the coming apocalypse

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

ashez2ashes posted:

The confusing thing to me about the "magic herbs" thing is that they already had Ra's al Ghul implying that he was really old ("I haven't had this kind of challenge in 70 years" or whatever, sorry I can't remember the exact phrasing). Why do that if you're not going for some kind of Lazarus Pool/Herb/serum whatever thing?

The Lazarus Pits are clearly just water infused with the aforementioned magic herbs. Ra's is just the only one old enough to remember that secret, so everyone else assumes some sort of magic.

Problem solved.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Seriously where the gently caress did Magic Herbs come from? No one answered my question about that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Design-wise it'll be good to have him with the rest of the team because the show's desperately missing blue-tones outside of its Arrowcave.

Soon the Power Rangers will fully assemble, oh yes.

King of Solomon posted:

Seriously where the gently caress did Magic Herbs come from? No one answered my question about that.
Because folks were referring to them as magical herbs for pages on end? I even did it myself, sadly.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

They grew on the island, I think we got introduced to them when Yao Fe shoved some down Ollie's throat.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm guessing he can control the tint on that visor unless he wants to immediatly be recognized as Palmer on sight.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
OK, that suit looks surprisingly cool.

I like how it has the Robocop issue though, where I'm probably going to wonder why nobody ever shoots him in the mouth. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

They grew on the island, I think we got introduced to them when Yao Fe shoved some down Ollie's throat.

There's no indication that Katana's been using those, though. I mean, I guess she has a mortar and pestle, but she could have been using that to create Ollie's Penicillin Tea.

• Locked thread