Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm putting my ladycrew in my T-54 since my other decent soviet medium crews have moved up to their respective tier 10s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Kesper North posted:

I tried searching the forums and couldn't find one - does anyone know if there is a Botes thread yet? I am not in the alpha, but it looks amazing.

Game's under an NDA. Probably not the best idea ever to have a thread that'd encourage a whole bunch of people to show up at the top of a google search.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Fair enough. Thanks, guys.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Kesper North posted:

Fair enough. Thanks, guys.

I'd give you one if I could but botes you and I know it'd just tank out on you :psyduck:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

xthetenth posted:

Important question: Can I name a soviet ladycommander Oktyoberskaya (sp?).

Oktyabrskaya

октябрьская

or even

(first name) Iosifovna Oktyabrskaya
(daughter of Iosif/Josif)

I'm not a native Russian speaker though, EE would be able to help you more

e: oh I see what you mean, the actual lady tanker. That's pretty cool.
also, so that's where the 'Fighting Girlfriend' inscription comes from, did not know.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 3, 2015

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
If it's one of the available names I'm the drop down, you can change it to whatever you want. Otherwise, you're SOL.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, if that name's an option I'm getting a Soviet lady crew.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

kinkouin posted:

If it's one of the available names I'm the drop down, you can change it to whatever you want. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Isn't there a way to rename your crew men manually?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/96589-modifying-crew-name/

Talks about renaming it without paying gold.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Atal Vataman posted:

its actually this thread, because the boatlords in here are two lazy to make a new thread. interestingly, this is also the thread for WW2 train history.

Actually it is not that we are too lazy to create a botes thread. We cannot create a thread here because depending on what is being discussed it would be a violation of the NDA.

there is however a discussion in PGS

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Chillyrabbit posted:

Isn't there a way to rename your crew men manually?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/96589-modifying-crew-name/

Talks about renaming it without paying gold.

On the crew info there's a tab for it. But you select names from a list, can't type in whatever you want.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

kinkouin posted:

I'd give you one if I could but botes you and I know it'd just tank out on you :psyduck:

:vince: Oh man, even I'm groaning.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Valle posted:

On the crew info there's a tab for it. But you select names from a list, can't type in whatever you want.

Uh, the post I linked talks about opening up game files and renaming it since what you see is only client side. How else do people have anime girl names for their tankers?

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Kesper North posted:

:vince: Oh man, even I'm groaning.

OP success :feelsgood:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Chillyrabbit posted:

Uh, the post I linked talks about opening up game files and renaming it since what you see is only client side. How else do people have anime girl names for their tankers?

Right, my bad.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
No botes thread yet because NDA I guess.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I think I somehow snuck into the botes alpha, because I can play it, but I don't have access to the alpha forums or anything. If someone in the alpha could PM me if there is a way to get more garage slots I'd appreciate it.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Anyone want to make a team for the next tournament? Registration ends on February 8th, and the tournament runs from the 9th to the 13th, with a 10k gold grand prize. Teams are 4v4 (with 2 reserves per team), tier 5 max.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/1101-Weekday_Warfare_5/

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I don't get why everything has to be injected by anime. It is very puzzling to me.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Illegal Carrot posted:

Anyone want to make a team for the next tournament? Registration ends on February 8th, and the tournament runs from the 9th to the 13th, with a 10k gold grand prize. Teams are 4v4 (with 2 reserves per team), tier 5 max.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/1101-Weekday_Warfare_5/

20 point max, I assume points are tiers? So four Tier V tanks would be 20 points, etc.

I'm in except for Wednesday the 11th (round 3) and possibly Friday the 13th (round 5). I should know about Friday early next week.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

McGavin posted:

I think I somehow snuck into the botes alpha, because I can play it, but I don't have access to the alpha forums or anything. If someone in the alpha could PM me if there is a way to get more garage slots I'd appreciate it.

There is no sneaking, if you were in a beta weekend then you get into Alpha by default. Pm me and I will tell you who to contact to fix the forum perms.

Also the only way to get more slots is to sell a botes or buy them with the gold equivalent stipend we get.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

demonR6 posted:

There is no sneaking, if you were in a beta weekend then you get into Alpha by default. Pm me and I will tell you who to contact to fix the forum perms.

Uh, not sure this is the case. I still get a restricted message for the alpha client, even though I was in both weekends and played > 50 games.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

demonR6 posted:

Also the only way to get more slots is to sell a botes or buy them with the gold equivalent stipend we get.

Don't think that's true. Played both Beta weekends and access restricted + can't play.

Edit: Finished the fire mission. After ~15 games of no fires managed to light an ELC on fire in back to back shots. Go figure.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 4, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

19 points of damage in a Rhoomba because he braked going downhill. Fortunately for everyone else out there, he turned blue and froze after putting three shells into my rear end.
I was in a match earlier by myself when one of the people on my team just spontaneously EXPLODES in rage at someone who he accused of stealing his kill, and how it had obviously been "his kill" so the other guy oughtn't have shot at the enemy tank at all as it was his property or something. I asked the guy how to call tanks so I can make sure nobody stole my kills, and which tanks he'd callled so far so I could avoid them, and he just sort of fumed at muttered poo poo at me in response.

I then went on to cross the map in my sherman jumbo, find the dude, drive in front of him and then every tank I spotted, I'd holler "THAT ONE'S MINE! I GOT IT!" and then I'd proceed to one-shot the tank. I was faster than he was so I kept cutting him off every time we'd near a bump or a corner, and then since I got to the tanks first, I'd call them out loud.

By the end of the match our entire team was in stitches, and I had gone 7 kills and the guy who'd flipped out had 0. :catstare: Sometimes the griefing gods are on your side.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

James Garfield posted:

:frogsiren:Boats official forum posting:frogsiren:

Anime is actually good* though

*not universally but there exist many good examples within the genre

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
There's better on the boats forum but I don't want to look for it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Subyng posted:

There are many things that would be vastly cooler and more interesting if veering into anime cliche didn't sap them of what made them worthwhile in the first place.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

demonR6 posted:

Wait.. what?

Are you telling me that I could have been playing botes all this time and was simply too dumb to even loving know?

Omfg! :bang:

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm not sure I want to. I have no technical expertise and Alpha is better left to those who do, since they're testing and reporting on bugs while I would simply be playing and sinkin' botes.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 4, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Don't think that's true. Played both Beta weekends and access restricted + can't play.

Edit: Finished the fire mission. After ~15 games of no fires managed to light an ELC on fire in back to back shots. Go figure.

I'll correct myself, select Beta weekenders were chosen to continue to Alpha so that was on me. But if you have access to the Alpha forums then you are likely in but they are never 'prompt' about getting the permissions sorted. It was a full two weeks after I was accepted into wave 1 of Alpha before they actually granted me access to the game.

There was chatter on the forums of having all the Beta's roll into Alpha but gently caress if I can find that post and what became of it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Blitz released API's. It's confirmed. I am bad.

First working site I think:

http://wotbstars.com/?username=&geo=USA

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

demonR6 posted:

I'll correct myself, select Beta weekenders were chosen to continue to Alpha so that was on me. But if you have access to the Alpha forums then you are likely in but they are never 'prompt' about getting the permissions sorted. It was a full two weeks after I was accepted into wave 1 of Alpha before they actually granted me access to the game.

There was chatter on the forums of having all the Beta's roll into Alpha but gently caress if I can find that post and what became of it.

The chatter I remember and I'm not trying to be pissy about it...tanks is really sapping my will to live, granted I fear WoWS will probably do the same went there's some sort of XVM set up for it. I have access to the forums...but probably the Alpha Forums I guess? Not that worried about it currently. I dropped my survey to them for whatever the hell that's worth.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If there is an XVM for it already I am not aware of it nor do I care to be honest. :D

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Subyng posted:

Anime is fine, I reserve my disgust for the crowd with young girl avatars that INSIST there's nothing sexual or creepy about it, the girls are 18 in the show's canon, you know, big eyes just look happy, not young, Japanese culture is different, Asian women always look younger, etc etc

(shamelessly stolen from KaiserSchnitzel)

now wait a second

totally different, see

rockopete fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 4, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Sogol posted:

Blitz released API's. It's confirmed. I am bad.

First working site I think:

http://wotbstars.com/?username=&geo=USA

poo poo, now I have to care about stats and stuff.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, some WG moderator edited out the "abusive content" in the PM that rear end in a top hat sent me. I hope and pray to the tank gods that he got slapped with a few warning points and is on his way to a forum ban.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I played 50+ Botes games across both weekend and filled out both surveys, but did not get into the alpha, so it's not a universal thing

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Also no boats for me :smith:.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Missing Name posted:

I'm stuck on that loving "heavy go cap and also shoot things lots of times" mission.

HT-7. It sounds like some sort of chemical warfare designation. Nope, it's WG's latest psychological terror campaign.

I was surprised when I got it on the KV-4, of all tanks. I just kept pushing the advance, broke through a flank, and ended up in their base while the survivors of their team were stuck far away and downhill. A medium popped up just as it ticked to 100 and his shot bounced.

So yeah, pure luck.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Here's a game where I got shot by a friendly waffle who's trying to poach kills, and then exploded from something else (shh, I play pretty bad)

After I die, I switch to see what the WT Panzer is doing, and he is trying to shoot a T-54L at point-blank and misses around 7 times before getting killed.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1589646#northwest-slim_jim_pickens-e_50

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://wotreplays.com/site/1589873#malinovka-gunscuretanks-t71
Got to ace my T71 at last, in a loss, and came 17 or 18 loving HP short of a TG but at least I got a HC and tank sniper. Everyone in this is bad including me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Here's a game where I got shot by a friendly waffle who's trying to poach kills, and then exploded from something else (shh, I play pretty bad)

After I die, I switch to see what the WT Panzer is doing, and he is trying to shoot a T-54L at point-blank and misses around 7 times before getting killed.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1589646#northwest-slim_jim_pickens-e_50

2% chance to miss :<