Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Anyone figure out how long the Cam videos are? Like when do they start looping.

Hopefully the feed starts to show little things going wrong as we get closer to the release.

Edit: Well the pooper scooper cam is only like maybe a minute long.

Edit2: Yeah none of them are very long.

Crain fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Macaluso posted:

gently caress yeauhhh

I really hope the movie shows a montage or something of how they finally built the park. Did they build the T-Rex's viewing area AROUND its nest? DId they tranq all the large carnivores and just keep them asleep while they built? How did they build anything with raptors running free?

There were only 3 raptors to begin with. Two were killed by the T-rex and the third was locked in the freezer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crain posted:

Hopefully the feed starts to show little things going wrong as we get closer to the release.

Yea I really hope as the movie gets closer we start to see poo poo rustling in bushes or weakened areas of fences or other kinda subtle 'hey guys poo poo's gonna go bad, you know, like Jurassic Park do' things.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I thought the island was supposed to have been carpet-bombed? No complaints though, that's a hella-rad piece of continuity.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Crain posted:

All I could hear in my head while watching the cams was "eventually you might have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
e: nm, the text wasn't loading for some reason!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I thought the island was supposed to have been carpet-bombed? No complaints though, that's a hella-rad piece of continuity.

Nah, that was just the book- we never knew what the gently caress happened after the movie- I assume stuck int the same legal limbo Sorna was.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Just Offscreen posted:

Nah, that was just the book- we never knew what the gently caress happened after the movie- I assume stuck int the same legal limbo Sorna was.

The Lost World film never explicitly says what happened, but it's definitely implied that site A is gone since everything relies on site B.

Then Jurassic Park III suggests both islands have thriving dinosaur populations, based on the fact Grant was meant to be giving them an aerial tour of it.

What does the website say about it being the original T-Rex? The links all redirect to the homepage of an Australian specific version for me that doesn't seem to have updated content yet.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Senor Tron posted:

The Lost World film never explicitly says what happened, but it's definitely implied that site A is gone since everything relies on site B.

Then Jurassic Park III suggests both islands have thriving dinosaur populations, based on the fact Grant was meant to be giving them an aerial tour of it.

What does the website say about it being the original T-Rex? The links all redirect to the homepage of an Australian specific version for me that doesn't seem to have updated content yet.

It says that you can see the T-Rex in her natural habitat as she's been living on the island for 25 years.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Proposition Joe posted:

The Lost World had that one dude get eaten by the T-Rex in San Diego.

That "dude" was titled "Unlucky Bastard" in the credits, and was played by David Koepp, the screenwriter, and took place in the section Spielberg basically cobbled together while shooting that went outside of the bounds of the original shooting script.

Just in case people didn't think the movie was a lot of self/genre commentary before.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Goddammit, none of those Jurassic World site links working the UK, the park cams aren't even accessible

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't know why everyone's talking about the dinosaurs when this is the best thing about Jurassic World

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.masraniglobal.com/
I love the corporate video they got for this company, really nails the look

E: :lol: Apparently they are allocating funds to InGen's private security division

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 4, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Churros should be fried, not baked.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Churros should be fried, not baked.

I think they come in both varieties but yea, fried is way better.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh man. I hope we get to see the new tour of the place and we get a new ridiculous CGI Mr. DNA video.

OR we get the same Hammond video and the kids joke about how old it looks.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There will be a LEGO videogame released this summer that'll be based around all four movies. In case you're into that sort of thing.

I am and I'm buying that motherfucker like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Lego games are generally all awesome so that will be cool exploring the older movies and their plot points in Lego form. I hope they put the electric fence gag from the first one in there.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I haven't played a Lego game since Indy 2 but this just might be the one to pull me back in.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Macaluso posted:

Sadly we won't have Richard Attenborough fluffing his lines. :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Party Boat posted:

Sadly we won't have Richard Attenborough fluffing his lines. :(

Ah that's right, I forgot half of that video relied on John Hammond being there IRL. Wellp. My first option then!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Stare-Out posted:

There will be a LEGO videogame released this summer that'll be based around all four movies. In case you're into that sort of thing.

I'm still holding my breath for Operation Genesis 2.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.masraniglobal.com/
I love the corporate video they got for this company, really nails the look

E: :lol: Apparently they are allocating funds to InGen's private security division

Which makes sense. If you read the Masrani site before when they first put it up, there was a blurb about how they sent "security teams" in with the construction crews to build the park. It also makes sense that they'd handle the previous forms there like that since there's a guy with an assault rifle being eaten by the I. rex in the new preview.

Also, I love how the comments page for the different ticket packages has the comment posted above about the "cost-cutting" move of keeping with amphibian DNA. At least there's now an in-universe explanation for it I guess.

Macaluso posted:

Oh man. I hope we get to see the new tour of the place and we get a new ridiculous CGI Mr. DNA video.

If you read over the different ticket packages on the site, apparently the "family package" has a feature where the kids get to meet with Mr. DNA who will explain how all of the genetics works. So, likely updated, but I'm hoping we'll at least get to see a glimpse of it.

Also, is it bad that I hope that Wu has gone from "wide-eyed fresh Ph.D. excited about what he's doing" (from the short glimpse we see in JP1) to "smarmy fully of himself" Genetics Division Head? I've never seen the actor do much aside from more "good" characters and I think he might have some good potential to pull off a "negative" Wu. Honestly, it's the image of him from the website that makes me think that with the fact that this is all about genetically engineering something new, and a little bit of remembering his arrogance in the book. I will honestly be surprised if he winds up being all in Pratt's "probably not a good idea" corner.

SublimeDelusions fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 4, 2015

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Book Wu would have loving loved I. Rex, so I hope that's what we get.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Macaluso posted:

Ah that's right, I forgot half of that video relied on John Hammond being there IRL. Wellp. My first option then!

Unless they just have a cast member dressed up in a big foam john hammond outfit play the part.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

IMB posted:

Book Wu would have loving loved I. Rex, so I hope that's what we get.

Book Wu: "hell gently caress yeah let's make some loving bloody monsters"

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Stare-Out posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74vUedgx2Rc

If it's going to contain humor like what's teased here then gently caress yes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"It's T. Rex's world, the rest of us are just visiting it. Venture into the Jurassic-sized viewing area to see the legendary predator in her natural domain. After all, she's been living on Isla Nublar for over twenty-five years! Feedings are scheduled every two hours. Warning: This attraction may be too intense for children and some adults."

:pray:

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Don't forget Wu wanted to make slower ("domesticated") dinosaurs in the book to match the expectations of big animals being slow from the public.

I suppose the in-universe explanation is that we're all used to fast, clever dinosaurs now, so more X-TREME route makes sense to drum up falling visitor numbers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74vUedgx2Rc

If it's going to contain humor like what's teased here then gently caress yes.
I wonder how cheap it would be to get Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill to voice the characters again?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As far as I know, there is no talking in Lego games - just little mumbles and groans.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Vintersorg posted:

As far as I know, there is no talking in Lego games - just little mumbles and groans.

That changed after the Lego LotR games. Now they're voiced by sound-alikes or with clips from their respective movies.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

8one6 posted:

That changed after the Lego LotR games. Now they're voiced by sound-alikes or with clips from their respective movies.

One of the worst decisions they ever made, it hurt LEGO LotR and The Hobbit a lot I thought.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The in universe paperwork for making a third try at a park must have been insane, given that the first two Jurassic Park sites (Isla Nublar and San Diego) both had the T-Rex break free and eat people.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I bet the proposal was just someone opening a cash register until the park was approved

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deakul posted:

One of the worst decisions they ever made, it hurt LEGO LotR and The Hobbit a lot I thought.
Lego Marvel and DC were pretty good though

Senor Tron posted:

The in universe paperwork for making a third try at a park must have been insane, given that the first two Jurassic Park sites (Isla Nublar and San Diego) both had the T-Rex break free and eat people.
Third times the charm!!!

Also it helped that this company is pretty loving rich what with being both a telecommunications giant and oil giant.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Deakul posted:

Yeah, the humor now is pretty hit or miss because they actually have to write poo poo that's funny. But before they just had all the LEGO guys pantomime everything and it was guaranteed to be hilarious no matter what.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah, the humor now is pretty hit or miss because they actually have to write poo poo that's funny. But before they just had all the LEGO guys pantomime everything and it was guaranteed to be hilarious no matter what.

Indeed, the old way made even the SW prequels good. And great classic trilogy moments were made great again.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
http://www.jurassicworld.com/creation-lab/

Mr. DNA Returns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I love how I can read it in Mr. DNA's voice and also that Wu really took that conversation with Malcolm seriously since this uses the "Life finds a way" quote.

• Locked thread