Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I am shocked that The Baz pulled that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Nice to see that a legit, interesting, well designed, and poignant character won over whatever Asura is suppose to be.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He wears a wife beater.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Little Britain: The Video Game's Wikipedia page is pretty good right now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

Nice to see that a legit, interesting, well designed, and poignant character won over whatever Asura is suppose to be.

Have you or any of the other members been into VGCW? I followed it from the beginning up until about a year ago when I just didn't have the time to watch it every week, but it's still got a place in my heart for being a wonderful time and, apparently, better than the actual WWE has been for a long time.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Asura is basically Rage but less interesting and Indian, so we actually got pretty close to the true canon rivalry grudge match.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was really hoping that Matt would just go through with dropping and make Pockets their guy.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Where is that Kurt Angle "ONA" interview that Woolie mentioned in the podcast?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So The Baz has some relation to SBF?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsCN7bkvL_k&t=182s

I apologize

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just wanted to say the ending of No More Heroes was super good Matt, I'm glad the LP is totally wrapped up and finished and nah it's not. Excited to see the bonus fight!

Are any of the other guys planning on any solo LPs?

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Beef Waifu posted:

I was really hoping that Matt would just go through with dropping and make Pockets their guy.

The Pockets groundswell is real.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, people are actually complaining in the latest NMH video that Matt had a content warning before Jeane's slowed down backstory. How can anyone possibly have a problem with that?

Andrast posted:

Why are you still paying attention to youtube comments?

Because I hate myself.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 4, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Wow, people are actually complaining in the latest NMH video that Matt had a content warning before Jeane's slowed down backstory. How can anyone possibly have a problem with that?

Why are you still paying attention to youtube comments?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Charles Martel posted:

Where is that Kurt Angle "ONA" interview that Woolie mentioned in the podcast?

It sounded like O and A which would be Opie and Anthony

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

He has a relation to Matt and Woolie's fat Kickstarter wallets.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I guess someone needs to inform Woolie and Pat that they've added a new final boss/ending to Dark Souls 2 after all that work. :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

It's finally happened; the Storm is here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm curious about something relating to THE BAZ. I know he's ended up in a few indie games now, but what's like...I guess the legal precedence for him? I mean, he still belongs to Capcom, right? I really doubt they ever WOULD, but could they step up and send their lawyers after all the indie developers that have used him?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

I'm curious about something relating to THE BAZ. I know he's ended up in a few indie games now, but what's like...I guess the legal precedence for him? I mean, he still belongs to Capcom, right? I really doubt they ever WOULD, but could they step up and send their lawyers after all the indie developers that have used him?

If Capcom doesn't proactively enforce their brand, they can have trouble winning a suit later. For example, if Capcom sues an indie game now for using the Baz, the defense can bring up their failure to sue titles like Divekick and Shovel Knight to argue against Capcom. Combine that with the fact that Zubaz has never actually BEEN in a game made by Capcom, and their legal footing is extremely flimsy.

Copyrights and related law is really weird, it's very murky and grey. There's no office that clearly defines what a company can and can't do like patents. If you remember back when Bethesda sued Notch over the use of "scrolls" in their game, part of the reason to do that is to give more legitimacy to a later suit against an actual ripoff; even if the courts rule in favor of Notch, it still looks good for Bethesda's legal grounds in a future case.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Where did that original sketch of Zubaz come from, anyway? Where did Fighterpedia get that Street Fighter concept art? I'm assuming it was from some kind of Street Fighter artbook, so wouldn't that still be owned by Capcom?

You're right though. Copyrights and their laws are a really messy, weird territory.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

I guess someone needs to inform Woolie and Pat that they've added a new final boss/ending to Dark Souls 2 after all that work. :v:

Wait, they did what??

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Wait, they did what??

I think he's talking about Scholar of the First Sin.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
I wonder how the release of the new Telltale Game of Thrones episode is going to fit into the video schedule? Not that there's some kind of ironclad set of rules in the first place. I was skeptical at first about playing each episode as it came out, but I'm really liking it now. It's more like a neat occasional side-series than a whole lp. It might help that I'm playing it as they come out as well, but it's not like that could affect anything right? Unless Matt and Woolie just wait until everything comes out to play the rest of it in which case ignore me because I'm counting all kinds of unborn chickens.

Chrispurple fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 5, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Chrispurple posted:

I wonder how the release of the new Telltale Game of Thrones episode is going to fit into the video schedule? Not that there's some kind of ironclad set of rules in the first place. I was skeptical at first about playing each episode as it came out, but I'm really liking it now. It's more like a neat occasional side-series than a whole lp. It might help that I'm playing it as they come out as well, but it's not like that could affect anything right? Unless Matt and Woolie just wait until everything comes out to play the rest of it in which case ignore me because I'm counting all kinds of unborn chickens.

Well, No More Heroes should only have a part or two left. Episode 2 of Game of Thrones should be able to just go into that time slot. As for the later episodes, who knows, but as long as they keep doing some short LPs it shouldn't be too long before they can fit them in. It's the best they can do until Telltale starts announcing episodes more than a week before they come out.

Well, that or they could wait until they all come out to finish, but they already did episode one at release so ehhhh.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't wait for the skin of Doc Louis's Punch Out!!! that replaces the good Doc with Eddie.

Punch the pizza out of his hand and he pulls out his gun.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 5, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

I think he's talking about Scholar of the First Sin.

That content will be in Scholar of the First Sin yes, but today we got a content patch that adds a large number of things from Scholar to vanilla, including the eponymous Scholar himself and a new ending.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
Since nobody replied to the query on last page, here's just the concept art page for NMH with art that's unavailable anywhere else from all I've seen.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That's actually really neat. That parking lot screenshot is incredibly Killer7 the way the colours are.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Would Scholar of the First Sin be a good place to start for someone who's never played a Souls game before or should I wait for Bloodbourne? I have to admit Bloodbourne is the first PS4 game since Resogun that's caught my eye and would finally make me get the system, especially if this dope rear end looking console ever came to the states (I want a white system, but not with Destiny since Destiny is terrible).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

Would Scholar of the First Sin be a good place to start for someone who's never played a Souls game before or should I wait for Bloodbourne? I have to admit Bloodbourne is the first PS4 game since Resogun that's caught my eye and would finally make me get the system, especially if this dope rear end looking console ever came to the states (I want a white system, but not with Destiny since Destiny is terrible).

start with dark souls

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Charles Martel posted:

Start with demons souls

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Charles Martel posted:

Start with King's Field

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Charles Martel posted:

Start with Eternal Ring

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Charles Martel posted:

I started that way and it wasn't a problem, but if you can get Dark Souls 1, you might as well start there. Bloodborne is Fromsoft specifically trying to get away from a lot of the stuff that's common in the other Souls games, so it's probably going to be a very different experience in some ways.

As for Scholar of the First Sin, I only mentioned it because I thought it was funny that this happened after Pat and Woolie kind of congratulated themselves on completing basically all the game's content. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pat and matt reach the shipping dock, home of all the waifu wars

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That reminds me, Pat's tweeting about the Persona stream is hilarious. He's so pissed at forcing himself to stay up.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

I have a feeling the next friendcast is going to be at least an hour of shouting about Persona 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Gestalt Illusion posted:

I have a feeling the next friendcast is going to be at least an hour of shouting about Persona 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

P5 is a highschool heist lupin the third gentleman theif game. Sign me the gently caress up.

Character designs seem eh but let's wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am very meh on the whole Persona series, but from an outside observer's perspective it looks like it'll be alright.