Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
honestly i think they're just sourcing my linkedin inbox for these tweets:

moaning, holding ourselves to quell the inner pain: we are experiencing incredible growth.
I'm focused on UI development & implementation, with an indescribably furious power.

I remembered more of it, I see a desolate wasteland, and a wellness program --- our office is located in San Francisco

Good morning, I saw your profile looks like a very long profile and thought it looked like monsters and I am an executive recruiter

Hi Zachary. We haven't spoken before, but I was still aware however, still alive to witness my imprisonment.

Hope your week is going to explode.

Kyle, My name is Jen Burns and I wanted to just follow the birds

Zachary, Apologies for the future.

Engineering teams based in both San Diego and New York City have a very high pitched scream.

front end engineer would literally make or break the next hour, I walked through this area for a while and then my face ended, and the rats.

Hi Kyle, My name was a river flowing, and a fan spinning in front of me

Full Stack RoR engineers to join and sacrifice babies, or kill me or join their expanding engineering team at Riviera Partners.

Your Specialties: Obsessed with keeping up-to-date with the underlying consciousness grid, god, gaian supermind, universal consciousness

Hello Kyle, I'm reaching out to you because I didn't die, didn't even recognize my parents at this point, will definitely work more on this

Hi Zachary, Hope your week is going horribly slow, i want this to end.

the doctors and nurses looked like worms or centipedes crawling in and we found your information online

We began to melt with the founders to learn more about what you think

The dose was for the team.

Candidate must be able to deal with the drug that i made

looking for an Engineer / Developer role, feel free to pass along to anyone you think might be a brutal mental experience

the power to aggregate all of his family's toothbrushes and put them in my penis so that I find all this very, very frightening

Hadoop or MongoDB Express or other persistence, and I'm abjectly terrified.

We are building a platform which will be a good day and be close to death and I say gabbada, there are VERY CLEARLY TWO VOICES SPEAKING!

My pupils have literally engulfed my corneas; I look forward to hopefully working with 15 or 20 recruiters, but without the BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

p sure an entire generation that grew up listening to ipods and beats is going to be stone loving dead before theyre 35

yeah but that's only because the boomers hoarded up all of the healthcare and income

we must each claw it back from their still-beating chests

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my favorite ice cream is haagen dazs coffee

always and forever

it's really good with those milano mint cookie things

i like all of the coffee ice creams

i'll have to try this some time

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Sagebrush posted:

oh yeah fun story btw. i was screwing around with the function generator and the oscilloscope in one of my electronics classes and swept it through the audio range on a speaker. gradually brought it down saying about what age you lose what range, "you all are young enough to be able to hear up to maybe 17khz if you haven't damaged your hearing" etc.

one guy kept saying "i can't hear it, bring it lower", as i passed well beyond where everyone else was able to hear the tone. eventually he was able to pick it up.

i asked him "are you a musician?" and he said "well i go to a lot of concerts"

dude is 22 years old and can't hear above 10khz

I had a prof who did the same but in reverse asking people how hight their hearing went. He turned the machine off halfway through and was just trolling people into 'hearing' sounds that weren't there.

:audiophiles:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKH19iN2SM

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

oh yeah fun story btw. i was screwing around with the function generator and the oscilloscope in one of my electronics classes and swept it through the audio range on a speaker. gradually brought it down saying about what age you lose what range, "you all are young enough to be able to hear up to maybe 17khz if you haven't damaged your hearing" etc.

one guy kept saying "i can't hear it, bring it lower", as i passed well beyond where everyone else was able to hear the tone. eventually he was able to pick it up.

i asked him "are you a musician?" and he said "well i go to a lot of concerts"

dude is 22 years old and can't hear above 10khz

im 26 and I can hear about 10khz, thanks to being a moron and not wearing hearing protection when playing in bands in my late teens

feels good man, im gonna have a hearing aid in my 40s probably, oh and i got tinnitus in both ears

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Geisladisk posted:

im 26 and I can hear about 10khz, thanks to being a moron and not wearing hearing protection when playing in bands in my late teens

feels good man, im gonna have a hearing aid in my 40s probably, oh and i got tinnitus in both ears

lol!

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

JawnV6 posted:

I liked where he explained how his setup controlled for volume

same

Same. 3dB effect ftw

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I'm 27 and can still hear that loving whine tube tvs emit. they told me it'd go away eventually :mad:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Necc0 posted:

I'm 27 and can still hear that loving whine tube tvs emit. they told me it'd go away eventually :mad:

whats up 27 years old buddy

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i'm still supposed to hear the 17khz but i can't really hear anything above 15

oh well

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

i see you've earned a badge of victory there

it owns

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
im 27 and can still hear around 16.8khz which blows my mind because i spent most of my teens and early twenties at death metal shows so loud that my ears would ring for days, my ear hairs must be made of steel wool or something. last time i saw deafheaven i was basically deaf for a day :q:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Necc0 posted:

the heck do you go that you're still around tube tvs?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

montreal vs uber: still a thing

the taxi board has seized two uber drivers' cars and given them a fine ("hefty", apparently)

uber is paying the fines on behalf of the drivers, reimbursing them for lost revenue, and renting out cars to replace the impounded ones for the drivers~

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Munkeymon posted:

i'm sure there's lots of schools that still have old tube tvs mounted up in the corner of their classrooms

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm sure there's lots of schools that still have old tube tvs mounted up in the corner of their classrooms

the chem lab i work at in the university just took those down because they never used them and they're a fire hazard

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pff a motherboard's not portable

how about a vacuum tube headphone amp that runs off of AAs

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

WHY

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i forgot to mention

the manufacturer is "elekit," japan's version of heathkit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Munkeymon posted:

there's an exhibit in the smithsonian american art museum made of a bunch of crts and it causes me headaches after a couple minutes being near it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i forgot to mention

the manufacturer is "elekit," japan's version of heathkit
this post is a war crime

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

this post is a war crime

unit 713htz

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i'm the dac in whatever mp3 this gets hooked up to

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

pretty sure anyone who has one of these also has a separate fiio dac

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

As a Millennial I posted:

with one tube per channel it's a single-ended triode, and not a very good quality triode

it probably sounds like dirt. the audio source will not matter at all

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

with one tube per channel it's a single-ended triode, and not a very good quality triode

it probably sounds like dirt. the audio source will not matter at all

but warm dirt

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

The Leck posted:

pretty sure anyone who has one of these also has a separate fiio dac

almost bought one of these then realized that music sounds fine already so why gently caress with it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Munkeymon posted:

i knew someone was gonna call me on this

there's a decaying mall near me that has a bunch of tube tvs in the food court. i could still hear them the last time i walked past a few months ago

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

montreal vs uber: still a thing

the taxi board has seized two uber drivers' cars and given them a fine ("hefty", apparently)

uber is paying the fines on behalf of the drivers, reimbursing them for lost revenue, and renting out cars to replace the impounded ones for the drivers~

So why in the hell isn't Montreal fining them again from breaking the current law, fining them a second time and putting them in jail for contempt and seizing the rented vehicles? If nothing else, the fines can be jacked up and uber has a poo poo ton of money they're willing to burn.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a man from boston had a very funny looking amp once

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://ricochet.com/sf-raises-minimum-wage-zero/

quote:

In November, San Francisco voters overwhelmingly passed a measure that will increase the minimum wage within the city to $15 per hour by 2018. Although all of us at Borderlands support the concept of a living wage in principal and we believe that it’s possible that the new law will be good for San Francisco — Borderlands Books as it exists is not a financially viable business if subject to that minimum wage. Consequently we will be closing our doors no later than March 31st. The cafe will continue to operate until at least the end of this year.

Many businesses can make adjustments to allow for increased wages. The cafe side of Borderlands, for example, should have no difficulty at all. Viability is simply a matter of increasing prices. And, since all the other cafes in the city will be under the same pressure, all the prices will float upwards. But books are a special case because the price is set by the publisher and printed on the book. Furthermore, for years part of the challenge for brick-and-mortar bookstores is that companies like Amazon.com have made it difficult to get people to pay retail prices. So it is inconceivable to adjust our prices upwards to cover increased wages.

The change in minimum wage will mean our payroll will increase roughly 39%. That increase will in turn bring up our total operating expenses by 18%. To make up for that expense, we would need to increase our sales by a minimum of 20%. We do not believe that is a realistic possibility for a bookstore in San Francisco at this time.

:cry: we paid all our employees minimum wage in San Fran and now we're going out of business, thanks Obama :cry:

quote:

Just FYI, if you do the math, it shows that they're paying their employees ALL minimum wage and that payroll is 50% of their business expenses.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

So why in the hell isn't Montreal fining them again from breaking the current law, fining them a second time and putting them in jail for contempt and seizing the rented vehicles? If nothing else, the fines can be jacked up and uber has a poo poo ton of money they're willing to burn.

i'm more surprised uber isn't cutting all ties with the drivers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Luigi Thirty posted:

:cry: we paid all our employees minimum wage in San Fran and now we're going out of business, thanks Obama :cry:

it's not actually surprising that it's easy for a bookstore to go out of business. there aren't many left these days

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
bookstores own. the only thing better is a used book store.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

i'm sure they will if they catch the drivers again. two people is a pretty minor haul in a city, though, even if it's a canadian city. there's tons more uber drivers going unfined, and uber is more than willing to operate at a loss for a while to get their ridership numbers up in an area

Forums Terrorist posted:

i'm more surprised uber isn't cutting all ties with the drivers

they only do that when they're safely established in an area, such that they can count on a steady supply of both drivers and riders. when they're fighting a hostile police force/city they go out if their way to make sure the drivers suffer no consequences for breaking the law, otherwise they'd run out of drivers pretty fast because people would bail in the face of meaningful punishment

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
are they just catching these guys driving around? it seem like they could just use uber's ride hailingperp hailing service to just call them over. extra kudos if the request is at the impound lot.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'm sure the tos say no cops allowed and you know if that's in there they can't use it duh

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shaggar posted:

not really. Microsoft got hit w/ their anti trust case w/out any evidence of anti competitive practices. its about perception

oh, shaggar.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's not going to hit $15 until 2018 so why do they need to close in March 2015 again?

• Locked thread