Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Succcckkkkks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
yeah but that's a lambic so my point still stands (sort of) :smugdog:

:negative:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

That's awful to see. Pausing trades for winter is never fun - especially when it's 82 out here - but that's a god drat tragedy.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Yeh, its why I have to pause my trading(probably better for a lot of reasons actually) until spring time, at which point I'll have fresh Vermont stuff, and my Reserve Society stuff should be here as well.

I don't trade for things near on the level of Hommage, and that breaks my heart to see that.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Did you thaw out the Hommage and try it (assuming that's your pic)? I had some beers arrive partially frozen a year back and after thawing them in the fridge, they tasted fine and had normal carbonation.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

It's thawing now. We'll see how it turns out!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
My grandma would have said you have a lovely tablecloth.

Bur seriously, can someone enlighten me on the harm of a beer freezing but still being sealed? My gut says "probably not good" but I can't figure out why.

This is also a friendly reminder at this time of year to do your absolute best to ship on Mondays as early in the day as possible. All but the most rural > rural cross-country shipments can make it through the lower 48 states in 5 days and a package kept moving will likely have better odds of staying above freezing than one which sits in a warehouse somewhere.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
I believe the thinking, other than the risk of breaking/exploding, is that maybe the ingredients will separate and become disgusting and flat or something. For whatever reason that's never happened to me, including the countless times I've frozen bottles of soda. Who knows!

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Well a ton leaked out and the ice in the center was clear as far as I could tell so I'm thinking it's likely it'll taste more watered down now. I've drank beer that froze and thawed and it was fine but never one that froze and leaked as a result. We'll see how it goes!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ISO Kiwi Herman!

Also ISO:
Le Sarrasin
Ale Apothecary Rum LaTache w/ Peaches
Hommage (preferably not a defrosted one)
Sante Adairius stuff.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Just got another impeccably packed box of MI goodies from krustster that did not freeze in the trip from the UP to Chicago via Green Bay.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

a worthy uhh posted:

Sante Adairius stuff.

West Ashley went on sale today... ISO.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
Any Austin, TX goons have a World's Worst Twin coffee mug they'd be willing to part with?

I've got some comparable glassware, or maybe just some Houston beers I could offer in trade.

Shoot me an email at hayden17 @ gmail.com

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/is-member-stogies-passing-off-rewaxed-kbbs-bottles.249912/

Looks like the rewaxed bottle scandal isn't yet over.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Well I guess I offended danbanana with my Odd Side boxes, because he launched a devastating attack on my liver in the form of a retaliation box filled with multiple wild items like Abyss, Straight Jacket and more. Also he included a layer of this weird quilted bubble wrap that is extremely thick and feels like it could withstand massive damage. Don't hesitate to trade with this forums superstar! :negative:

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

krustster posted:

Well I guess I offended danbanana with my Odd Side boxes, because he launched a devastating attack on my liver in the form of a retaliation box filled with multiple wild items like Abyss, Straight Jacket and more. Also he included a layer of this weird quilted bubble wrap that is extremely thick and feels like it could withstand massive damage. Don't hesitate to trade with this forums superstar! :negative:

Oooh I love that bubble wrap! That is some primo poo poo.

Scummy of the guy to pass along a fake bottle. I don't get why the OP is telling him not to send back the beer though. That just seems stupid.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Florida dudes, I require as much Last Snow as physically possible for a man to drink. PM me. <3

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Had my first FW boxed beers last night.... my god.

ISO : Velvet Merkin, Parabola, Sucaba , Stickee and Anniversary.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

PNW goons. Are any of you in the Ale Apothecary club? If so, do you have a bottle of Rum Barrel LaTache w. White Peaches?

If you do, PM me. For realz.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm sitting on a bunch of straight-from-the-brewery Westvleteren 12 that is about 2 years old right now. I believe I have at least 8 bottles remaining. I also have 2-3 of the domestic release that happened in late 2012, I believe. So both batches are sitting about the same age. I also have the Westvleteren 12 glass that came with the USA release if anyone is a collector of such glassware.

I've had enough Westy 12 to last me most of a lifetime, and am honestly more interested in fresher beers that are challenging to get in the Illinois area. I'm a huge fan of: Exponential Hoppiness, Heady Topper, Tricerahops, Supplication, Pliny, Temptation, Otiose, FV13, Fred from the Wood, King Henry, etc.

I also have a few bottles of Jolly Pumpkin's La Roja Grand Reserve from ... over 3 years ago now? I'd have to check the bottles but I haven't lived in Ann Arbor for over 3 years so it would have to be I suppose.

I don't have a lot of specific asks here, because I haven't been into beer trading in quite a few years. I used to be a big trader but it started being more of a chore than it was worth to me. However, I'm missing having access to the fresh awesome hoppy goodness around the country. So make me some offers. I'd prefer to have the "value" of the Westy12, especially properly aged, incorporated into the trade, but I'm not expecting to get some insane trade for a single bottle or anything like that. Just use your best judgement. I will pay big for Allagash FV13, older Supplications, and fresh Exponential Hoppiness. It appears the last time it came out was in late September, so that might not be an option until later this year. But I will take a rain check for anyone who gets it every year! :)

I'd also be interested in trading for higher end whiskeys and scotches.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
not interested in Westy, but wouldn't mind some La Roja GR for some Allagash sours

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Edit: Closed

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 29, 2015

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Heard Block 15 is doing a release of Sticky Hands Amarillo / Nelson tomorrow, Jan 31 and I'm always interested in trying new Nelson IPAs. I can trade a variety of different things depending on what style one prefers.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

God loving dammit Tucker. Everyone in Dallas, and probably all of Texas at this point, knows he's a jackass. The day that Fen Tao came out, he walked around JK and Stanley's begging people to mule and ended up with at least a car of Fen Tao.

Basically never trade with that guy. His tasting group is a bunch of tools as well.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

People go to Jester King during limited releases but don't buy any of it? Wut?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

LeafHouse posted:

People go to Jester King during limited releases but don't buy any of it? Wut?

Oh yeah man. It's mostly Stanley's since it's typically full of families with kids running around all the open fields. And hey the pizza is good.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Oh yeah man. It's mostly Stanley's since it's typically full of families with kids running around all the open fields. And hey the pizza is good.

They were closed when we were there...

The more I think about it, the more I think I shouldn't be telling people I went to Jester King because I apparently missed out on all the interesting stuff (outside of the beer, which was great)...

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

air- posted:

God loving dammit Tucker. Everyone in Dallas, and probably all of Texas at this point, knows he's a jackass. The day that Fen Tao came out, he walked around JK and Stanley's begging people to mule and ended up with at least a car of Fen Tao.

Basically never trade with that guy. His tasting group is a bunch of tools as well.

Lol, he's been mentioned here before (probably by you) and I never realized he was WTKeene. that guy always struck me as a douche so it makes sense.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
His picture alone lets me know he's a dickhead.

Also, I wanna reiterate here that I have a sort of open trading agreement with Hatful and he's a super cool dude with cool beer and you should trade with him. I'm not a cool dude and I don't have cool beer so don't trade with me.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

I've been enough to get to the last few Jester King releases, so if anyone is after BdBdB, World's Worst Twin, or Natural Union, let me know. I just like trying beer I haven't had before.

E: I'm saying this so people don't have to trade with that Tucker idiot, not trying to establish an auction or whatever for beer.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Ok, took a look at my stash and figured out what I've got.

FT: 2013 BA Blackout
2014 BA Siberian Night
Backwoods Bastard
BA Naked Evil BBW (I think this is 2011 or 2012)
Anything regularly available in Ohio (Head Hunter, White Rajah, Columbus IPA)

ISO: Rare stouts
high ABV stouts (I live in Ohio, we still have that lovely 12% law)
great IPAs or IIPAs not available in Ohio (Pliny, Blind Pig, Heady Topper, etc.)

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Edit: Disregard!

Porkchop Express fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 2, 2015

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

Imasalmon posted:

I've been enough to get to the last few Jester King releases, so if anyone is after BdBdB, World's Worst Twin, or Natural Union, let me know. I just like trying beer I haven't had before.

E: I'm saying this so people don't have to trade with that Tucker idiot, not trying to establish an auction or whatever for beer.

Sent you a PM...

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Retemnav posted:

Sent you a PM...

Several people got to me before you did, and since I don't want to start an auction, I'm dealing with everyone in the order that they got to me. Sorry about that.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Ahhh, no problem!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Wanted to stop in and introduce my self. I'm in PHX Az, relatively new to trading. I'd hope to start maybe doing some local trades if possible and if people are looking for anything specific from Az I might be able to help you out.

FT:
3 Grapefruit Sculpin
3 Victory at Sea
1 Bell's Mercury
1 2013 Bourbon County Coffee

ISO: Zombie Dust, Mex wedding cake, FW ANN , just make me an offer maybe

sterster fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 5, 2015

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

sterster posted:

Wanted to stop in and introduce my self. I'm in PHX Az, relatively new to trading. I'd hope to start maybe doing some local trades if possible and if people are looking for anything specific from Az I might be able to help you out.

FT:
3 Grapefruit Sculpin
3 Victory at Sea
1 Bell's Mercury
1 2013 Bourbon County Coffee

ISO: Zombie Dust, Mex wedding cake, FW ANN , just make me an offer maybe

Welcome!

Just a hint: other than the BCBCS, the things you have for trade have pretty good distribution around the country so you might not get many bites for them.

That said, I don't think we have many Beer Goons in AZ, and I'd bet there'd be some demand for the more highly regarded breweries out of there, especially Arizona Wilderness and Fate.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

danbanana posted:

Welcome!

Just a hint: other than the BCBCS, the things you have for trade have pretty good distribution around the country so you might not get many bites for them.

That said, I don't think we have many Beer Goons in AZ, and I'd bet there'd be some demand for the more highly regarded breweries out of there, especially Arizona Wilderness and Fate.

Yeah I know. Just because we are all goons doesn't make us kin. So playing my cards a little closer till I feel comfortable in this thread.

As for being one of few in Az. Great! I guess. Unless you all abuse me like a poor beer mule. Please be nice. Otherwise Az has an amazing and growing local brew community.

May I suggest:
Arizona Wilderness
Beer Research Institute
College Street
Desert Eagle
Fate Brewing Co.
Four Peaks
Huss
O.H.S.O. Nanobrewery
Mother Road
Mudshark
Papago
SanTan - HopShock IPA & You're lucky they just started canning winter warmer & other cask beers
Sleepy Dog
Sonoran Brewing Company - an amazing white chocolate
Lumberyard Brewing Co - not a big fan some people like

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

sterster posted:

Yeah I know. Just because we are all goons doesn't make us kin. So playing my cards a little closer till I feel comfortable in this thread.

As for being one of few in Az. Great! I guess. Unless you all abuse me like a poor beer mule. Please be nice. Otherwise Az has an amazing and growing local brew community.

May I suggest:
Arizona Wilderness
Beer Research Institute
College Street
Desert Eagle
Fate Brewing Co.
Four Peaks
Huss
O.H.S.O. Nanobrewery
Mother Road
Mudshark
Papago
SanTan - HopShock IPA & You're lucky they just started canning winter warmer & other cask beers
Sleepy Dog
Sonoran Brewing Company - an amazing white chocolate
Lumberyard Brewing Co - not a big fan some people like

Understand your concerns, although I would say that the vast majority of us in this thread (and the beer thread in general) have traded with each other multiple times and would be glad to vouch for somebody's reliability. With that said - welcome! I look forward to when you're more comfortable and interested in trading some of the local AZ beers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

This is the only place I trade anymore. And honestly I don't even put in the effort to set up real trades. One of my regular partners asks if I can get a hold some something and I send it to them. I don't even care what they send back. It makes the process much easier.

BTW if we have an open trade or you are waiting on a Beerdy Claws box it will be going out next week. Procrastination, cold weather, and vacation got in the way. But mostly procrastination.

• Locked thread