Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

jscolon2.0 posted:

At least he didn't say Dorito face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hahahaha, that is some seriously funny poo poo!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

from another forum

"I can't find anything good to say about Brandon Routh...Even when he played Superman/Clark Kent, back in 2006 – He's always been incredibly monotonous, expressionless and generally unenthusiastic in his performances.

The sooner he's off Arrow, the better.

...Incidentally, I felt the same way when he was a villain on Chuck."

People are weird.

Black Dynamite vs Maseo "My ninja!"

:psyduck: But... he's the best thing about Superman Returns? (Second best is Spacey, mostly because he's giving a great performance as the wrong Lex Luthor)

And he's hilarious in Scott Pilgrim and in Arrow.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
There are people who think Arrow and The Flash are disappointments that don't live up to the quality level of Smallville.

Which is to say you can come up with any stupid opinion and then find people on the internet who believe it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hcreight posted:

There are people who think Arrow and The Flash are disappointments that don't live up to the quality level of Smallville.

Well all know what they think is lacking

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Wow you guys have some serious hangups about this!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We have serious hangups about calling female characters "lying whores" yes. It happens when you are a reasonable person.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

zoux posted:

We have serious hangups about calling female characters "lying whores" yes. It happens when you are a reasonable person.

:confused:

English isn't my native language, but "whore" is a pretty benign derogative where I come from. Maybe it's different in the US.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

English isn't my native language, but "whore" is a pretty benign derogative where I come from. Maybe it's different in the US.

No, it's pretty much a lovely, horrible thing to say anywhere.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phylodox posted:

No, it's pretty much a lovely, horrible thing to say anywhere.

Yeah, you should stick to "lying dorito!"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That at least is an accurate description

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enraged_camel posted:

Sorry you come from some backward caveman society? :confused:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

bango skank posted:

Sorry you come from some backward caveman society? :confused:

Yeah, sorry I'm not Western enough. :)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
hahahaha that red text says it all really

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Kesper North posted:

hahahaha that red text says it all really

I love it! Asking for strong and well-written female characters who have meaningful contributions to the story, instead of ones who are basically useless and/or terrible people means I have hosed up opinions on women! :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No, that's not it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

enraged_camel posted:

I love it! Asking for strong and well-written female characters who have meaningful contributions to the story, instead of ones who are basically useless and/or terrible people means I have hosed up opinions on women! :)

You're an idiot, please go away.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

enraged_camel posted:

I love it! Asking for strong and well-written female characters who have meaningful contributions to the story

is hard to justify when any female character that falls short of your personal metric is a whore. Get the gently caress out.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

is hard to justify when any female character that falls short of your personal metric is a whore.

No, only Laurel. And yes, impersonating her dead sister to repeatedly manipulate her father makes her a lying whore. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
There's a historical and cultural context to 'whore' in the US which loads it with misogynistic subtext. That's what people are reacting to.

And would you mind saying where you're from?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Accretionist posted:

There's a historical and cultural context to 'whore' in the US which loads it with misogynistic subtext. That's what people are reacting to.

Is there anywhere in the world where the word "whore" isn't as a horrible, degrading, misogynistic put-down? Where he's from is immaterial, he's a douchebag worldwide.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Is there anywhere in the world where the word "whore" isn't as a horrible, degrading, misogynistic put-down? Where he's from is immaterial, he's a douchebag worldwide.

There are areas where that's okay.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
If anyone on this show even remotely fits the definition of that word it'd probably be Oliver. Hope this helps! :)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Is there anywhere in the world where the word "whore" isn't as a horrible, degrading, misogynistic put-down? Where he's from is immaterial, he's a douchebag all over the world.

I wouldn't know so I'm not assuming either way.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Accretionist posted:

That's what I figured. I was using it as a generic derogatory manner, not in a misogynistic manner. Heck, I have been arguing for stronger female characters for a while now, so it's not like I hate women. :)

Accretionist posted:

Eastern Europe. :)

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Whatever helps you sleep at night man. :)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

enraged_camel posted:

Eastern Europe. :)

Christ, kill yourself and save the waste of time that is the rest of your life. Some things aren't worth it. Nobody deserves that.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

Christ, kill yourself and save the waste of time that is the rest of your life. Some things aren't worth it. Nobody deserves that.

Looks like I'm not the only one with a cool red text. :)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Oh, come on. He could at least do Eastern Europe a favor and take some Russian Soldiers Vacationers with him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know a whole load of Eastern Europeans, none of them think it's ok to call women whores

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rarity posted:

I know a whole load of Eastern Europeans, none of them think it's ok to call women whores

I know a lot of Americans and most of them know how to let something go. :)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Pastrymancy posted:

If anyone on this show even remotely fits the definition of that word it'd probably be Oliver. Hope this helps! :)

Ollie doesn't get paid. He's just a slut.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
When the gently caress did Frank Miller take over this thread ?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No more posts in this thread until live posting time. And when it opens back up this poo poo better not continue.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Seems like Merlyn is kind of like if Batman went really off the rails.

edit: whoo Syn appeared for like 2 seconds!!!

PizzaProwler fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 5, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lance owned Harper so bad :lol:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

Shut your whore mouth!

(we are still doing that right?... )

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Malcolm with his terrible 90s hair.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, Barrowman's flashback hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What the gently caress happened to you guys?

Anyways, I love how the first indication of a flashback is that people have bad hair.

• Locked thread